Incentive for free tome tree.

I'm sure others can relate when they dont bother paying 10 quid everytime a new tome pass comes as they feel they're wasting money in a money hungry development company. My issue is why do I feel so significantly un-rewarded for not forking out money?

What I mean is I do a challenge and level up in the tree to get "You leveled up, Collect your rewards" only to go in and find I get nothing and I've got 3 more blank spots. Like it's actually patronising. It feels like its a reminder telling you "you could have rewards, if you spend money". And all I've been getting most is cosmetics for characters I dont use and charms I'll never see as I'm too busy trying to either survive or not getting rushed as killer. Like c'mon. All I ask is for some sort of incentive cause right now, I'm doing these challenges for the points. I feel no satisfaction or care for leveling up.

Even if it was just a small amount of Iridescent shards, auric cells and a mystery box with some really good gear now and then.

Comments

  • Yeah I agree it's pretty sad when you go and there's nothing at all (and so many empty levels for anything!), but I guess they want you to feel like that in a way. I agree that even adding +100 shards per empty level could work, it would add incentive while also making the characters / perks more accessible if not yet bought by newer players.

  • You get some free cosmetics and blood points from the challenges themselves. That seems pretty generous.

    Also,

    " I'm sure others can relate when they dont bother paying 10 quid everytime a new tome pass comes"

    If you play even a decent amount the tome more than pays for itself. IE you pay one time and get all future premium tomes FREE with extra auric cells left over even. It is a one time fee, not over and over.

  • You can look at the content you can earn and decide whether it's worth it to you or not, you can also still earn the free track, and if you get to day 69 and decide buying it will be worth it you can do so and get all the stuff you've unlocked so far - you are not obligated to purchase the pass and it's impossible to please everything with something like this so being annoyed at the tomes is fine and completely reasonable.

    I do think it would be fine to fill empty slots with BP/Shards.

  • @Blueberry said:

    You get some free cosmetics and blood points from the challenges themselves. That seems pretty generous.

    Also,

    " I'm sure others can relate when they dont bother paying 10 quid everytime a new tome pass comes"

    If you play even a decent amount the tome more than pays for itself. IE you pay one time and get all future premium tomes FREE with extra auric cells left over even. It is a one time fee, not over and over.

    Half the challenges are made to be toxic I.e Basement bounties, NOED bounties, kill two people at EGC. Free cosmetics are fine to an extent, if it was for characters that I would be interested in playing. And saying that that's on the person for not playing the character is bs. Players shouldnt feel forced to play a character they have no interest in. At least if we could sell those cosmetics for shards thatd be good. Means we're getting something out of it. It's not generous at all ๐Ÿ˜… but if that's your opinion, that's your opinion. Your entitled to it.

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313526#Comment_1313526

    Half the challenges are made to be toxic I.e Basement bounties, NOED bounties, kill two people at EGC. Free cosmetics are fine to an extent, if it was for characters that I would be interested in playing. And saying that that's on the person for not playing the character is bs. Players shouldnt feel forced to play a character they have no interest in. At least if we could sell those cosmetics for shards thatd be good. Means we're getting something out of it. It's not generous at all ๐Ÿ˜… but if that's your opinion, that's your opinion. Your entitled to it.

    We just fundamentally have different opinions then because I don't think any of those things you listed are toxic whatsoever.

    Pay a one time low fee and you get the premium track essentially for life isn't generous? Not to mention the game even lets you get most of its future content for free through game time. They seem excessively generous in their costs in my opinion and I'm overall quite critical of the devs most the time.

  • you only have to pay $10 once, if you complete the rift you get all 1000 auric cells back so you can just recycle it on the next rift pass, and the next, and the next, forever. compared to just buying the outfits in the shop it's actually a really good deal for the amount of content.

    but if you don't want the rift pass? you're still getting free cosmetics and charms. it's more than you were given before the rift was introduced.

    how greedy of the devs not to give you more free stuff tho. how dare they!

  • @Mooshroome64 said:

    Yeah I agree it's pretty sad when you go and there's nothing at all (and so many empty levels for anything!), but I guess they want you to feel like that in a way. I agree that even adding +100 shards per empty level could work, it would add incentive while also making the characters / perks more accessible if not yet bought by newer players.

    I think it's funny people defending them for it though. Like yeah free stuff, I'll be sure to remember what charm my killer/survivor is using in game while I've got to sweat my ass off so I don't lose ๐Ÿ˜… cosmetics would be cool if they were for characters I play. If I could sell them in game for some shards, at least thatd be fine. I get it, pay money gives rewards cause you bought them. But at least have the tree for the others have something more than a brown or yellow charm for like 50 levels. Every 4th block.

  • Think they do need to fill in the free spots with something, can do bloodpoints. When 6 out of 8 spots on a page are empty it just looks bad. Bloodpoints don't take any money away, just help with the grind.


    As far as $10 to get through the rift - I've made it to the end of every rift. As long as I make it to the end the paid rift is really a free rift because you earn the $10 back. Don't even need to play daily or complete all the challenges to get it done.