New player here, I don’t understand how I’m supposed to counter the Pig.

Been playing for about a week, pretty much Survivor only, and I’m getting the hang of most things but I seriously have no idea how to defend myself from the Pig. She has no terror radius, so if they’re good at sneaking I’ve got no indication that they’re anywhere near me, and any time I get an RBT it takes 4-5 tries to I assume successfuly remove it. I say that because in the time it takes me to run around the entire map looking for the damn machines I’ll get seen and caught at some point along the way, so I’ve literally never managed to remove one. Couple all this with the fact that she seems to have a larger hit box on her lunge than most killers I basically resign myself to defeat as soon as I realise I’m facing her.

Comments

  • Try always be vigilant on a generator always be panning your camera around until you hear the skill check noise, you can usually spot her. Sprint burst also helps vs. sneak attack.

    As far as the RBTs it's just luck. Really a major flaw with the killer making her so luck orientated.

    The lunge is the same length as other killers which seems longer because she's so short.

    A good way to learn to counter killers is to play that killer and watch how survivors counter you.

    Hope that helps.

  • @MoondyneMC said:
    Been playing for about a week, pretty much Survivor only, and I’m getting the hang of most things but I seriously have no idea how to defend myself from the Pig. She has no terror radius, so if they’re good at sneaking I’ve got no indication that they’re anywhere near me, and any time I get an RBT it takes 4-5 tries to I assume successfuly remove it. I say that because in the time it takes me to run around the entire map looking for the damn machines I’ll get seen and caught at some point along the way, so I’ve literally never managed to remove one. Couple all this with the fact that she seems to have a larger hit box on her lunge than most killers I basically resign myself to defeat as soon as I realise I’m facing her.

    You can use your 3rd person view to look around while doing a gen.
    If you run sprintburst, she will never be able to catch you with ambush because of the broken speed of sprinburst

    RBT is RNG but there is enough time to try all keys before the trap explodes

    Lunges only depend on the killer speed, pig is no excpetion

    Basically you do the same you would do against every loopable killer. You do gens and you loop

  • Leave the generators at 99% and be sure to finish them either all at the same time, or periodicaly but when no one has a trap. 

    Beware that if you do them all at the same time though, that she may have noed and be doing an endgame trap build, so get rid of the totems first.

    In terms of not getting caught, (and this applies for all killers) dont start working on a gen until you know where the killer is, or you know they are in a chase with someone else.

    Really the key thing with the pig is to not ######### over your team by activating their traps. Most pigs will not hook and kill someone with a trap because they are her leverage against you not to finish the gens, which makes her good at extending the game.

    If she slugs someone with a trap, pick them up and stay with them helping to block for them and getting their trap off.

  • You counter her by using your eyeballs.

    You need to be constantly looking around to see if you spot her off in the distance.

    Also don't be playing on the highest graphic quality... use the LOW quality. I think it helps allot for seeing things off in the distance.

    Don't 99 gens either... Cause the killer will just kick it on you if they see it. Who care if there is a survivor with the trap on. Seriously if the killer isn't using any addon to decrease the timer on the trap, it is very easy to go around to all 4 boxes to eventually get the trap off. You just need to hustle.

    If someone has a trap on and there is no gens left, get out and leave them in there. That person has a chance for the hatch. Staying in the match pretty much will kill that survivor.

  • @MoondyneMC said:
    Been playing for about a week, pretty much Survivor only, and I’m getting the hang of most things but I seriously have no idea how to defend myself from the Pig. She has no terror radius, so if they’re good at sneaking I’ve got no indication that they’re anywhere near me, and any time I get an RBT it takes 4-5 tries to I assume successfuly remove it. I say that because in the time it takes me to run around the entire map looking for the damn machines I’ll get seen and caught at some point along the way, so I’ve literally never managed to remove one. Couple all this with the fact that she seems to have a larger hit box on her lunge than most killers I basically resign myself to defeat as soon as I realise I’m facing her.

    Premonition/spine chill perks also when doing the gens position your camera where you can see the killer is most likely be coming from. If you already know it's pig crouch behind cover as much as possible and look around before exiting. A lot of of the pig players will camp hooked survivors so make sure to check around the corners in the area before going for the save. And obviously you'll know it's pig once you see jigsaw boxes on the map.

  • Her stealth is beaten by a perk known as Premonition - you can try that.

    Or you can use the ol' Mark 1 Eyeball.

    Her traps take 2 and a half minutes to trigger once triggered. I know from experience that's enough time to check EVERY box on even the Pale Rose or the Asylum. You just have to not miss a bunch of skill checks which just comes with practice.

    Her lunge is not longer than any other killer. She's just short and has a short weapon, so it creates an illusion of an insane lunge.

    Keep in mind that if you are being chased or are on the ground, your timer also pauses.

    She's actually Mid-Tier at best.

  • @MoondyneMC said:
    Been playing for about a week, pretty much Survivor only, and I’m getting the hang of most things but I seriously have no idea how to defend myself from the Pig. She has no terror radius, so if they’re good at sneaking I’ve got no indication that they’re anywhere near me, and any time I get an RBT it takes 4-5 tries to I assume successfuly remove it. I say that because in the time it takes me to run around the entire map looking for the damn machines I’ll get seen and caught at some point along the way, so I’ve literally never managed to remove one. Couple all this with the fact that she seems to have a larger hit box on her lunge than most killers I basically resign myself to defeat as soon as I realise I’m facing her.

    Premonition/spine chill perks also when doing the gens position your camera where you can see the killer is most likely be coming from. If you already know it's pig crouch behind cover as much as possible and look around before exiting. A lot of of the pig players will camp hooked survivors so make sure to check around the corners in the area before going for the save. And obviously you'll know it's pig once you see jigsaw boxes on the map.

    I also recommend the spine chill/premonition combo. Hell, I run premonition all the time cuz it's helpful againts every killer except myers (and even then myers only counters it while he is in tier 1). 
  • Premonition is an underrated perk. Knowing where the Killer is coming from can be the difference between escaping unseen and getting "Hello there"'d by the Killer.