For the People should count as a Protection Hit

I said what I said. Mettle and For the People would be such a cool build.

Comments

  • Just because you said it, doesn't mean it makes sense @_@

    *Killer is on other side of map, I use For The People and score a Protection Hit bonus, powering up Mettle with little fear of reprisal*

    Seems fair and balanced >_>;;

  • I'd be happier if any hit taken for other survivors would count as protection hit, not just those made for injured survivors.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Just because you said it, doesn't mean it makes sense @_@

    *Killer is on other side of map, I use For The People and score a Protection Hit bonus, powering up Mettle with little fear of reprisal*

    Seems fair and balanced >_>;;

    It'd take 318 seconds to farm Mettle that way. Assuming you have someone to heal you the second you become unbroken and then that same person is injured to immediately give the For the People to.

    I'm more thinking along the lines of doing a risky For the People and dying giving you two mettle stacks so that the next risky For the People is the Mettle of Man hit.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300884#Comment_1300884

    It'd take 318 seconds to farm Mettle that way. Assuming you have someone to heal you the second you become unbroken and then that same person is injured to immediately give the For the People to.

    I'm more thinking along the lines of doing a risky For the People and dying giving you two mettle stacks so that the next risky For the People is the Mettle of Man hit.

    It doesnt matter if it takes a long time to get MoM with For The People. You are still bypassing MoM's requirements with nothing related to how the perk is supposed to be, which means actual protection hits. I could get 2 MoM stacks and then cheese it with the perk, rather than getting the last stack how you are intended. MoM is balanced around you investing time on aiding someone in need. Instant healing someone with no nearby danger is much less of an investment.

    The only good thing I see out of this is WGLF, and that can be solved by simply giving WGLF the ability to get stacks from altruism heals (which is something I have been suggesting for a long time).

  • flashlight saves should give stacks of we`re gonna live forever.

  • Maybe if it's done like as the survivor is in a chase. I could see that being a thing. But in general no.

    However FTP should definitely count for Second Wind. Kind of strange it doesn't. I know no one uses SW but still it seems to make sense for them to synergize together.