Devs robbed my legacy cosmetics!

It's over 6 months ago since I lost my progress and got only a BP refund back. I showed them Screenshots, videos, backup of my save file etc but still I didn't got my legacy back. Why do they don't care about the people who supported them from the very beginning?  I feel extremely robbed and the fact that the devs don't official address this is making me sick and very angry. So many people asked them but they don't lose a single word in any stream or video. Why isn't this priority number one? Why do they keep pushing skins over skins in the shop every week but drop the loyal players like a sandbag? What is this behaviour? 

Comments

  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
  • Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

  • Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? What kind of logic is that, u got behavioured or what?
  • @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

  • Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

    Sooo, having videos on YouTube, Screenshots, multiple save files, and achievements on steam with correct date isn't enuf? Please stop commenting, u got really hard behavioured.
  • @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:

    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.
    
    
    
    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    

    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

    Sooo, having videos on YouTube, Screenshots, multiple save files, and achievements on steam with correct date isn't enuf? Please stop commenting, u got really hard behavioured.

    They run their game unoptimized. It uses spaghetti code. They can’t balance it for #########. I have no reason to be favoring them; don’t think that I am.

  • Hiya, here's what I would do, I would send a new ticket with this evidence but also provide pictures of the dates of your achievements for prestiging your characters that way you prove you have at least 1/3 legacy pieces (depending how far you went by what time) If you can prove the date of the priestege and prove it wasn't hacked (you would have the exact same date and time if it were hacked) they should hopefully be able to give it back to you. Hope this helped.

    P.S Send ticket via email I forget what it is but I am sure you can find it, they had always been helpful to me.

  • @AnotherRandy said:
    Sooo, having videos on YouTube, Screenshots, multiple save files, and achievements on steam with correct date isn't enuf? Please stop commenting, u got really hard behavioured.

    In theory they should be able to do something but if they do over your proof what about those that did not make videos, take screens or backup the save file? since it was never a requirement to ever do so, is it fair for those legit players to be treated differently than those that did over a mistake made by the devs? that is the quandary they are in giving some and not them all would be the worst thing they could do and trusting the others is open to abuse, if BHVR had a copy of all the save flies up to that point it would be different but since they were stored on the individuals PC it will never happen it seems.

    It sucks I agree but the problem which has been created can only be fixed by giving people another chance to earn them which we know will never happen.

  • @AnotherRandy said:
    It's over 6 months ago since I lost my progress and got only a BP refund back. I showed them Screenshots, videos, backup of my save file etc but still I didn't got my legacy back. Why do they don't care about the people who supported them from the very beginning?  I feel extremely robbed and the fact that the devs don't official address this is making me sick and very angry. So many people asked them but they don't lose a single word in any stream or video. Why isn't this priority number one? Why do they keep pushing skins over skins in the shop every week but drop the loyal players like a sandbag? What is this behaviour? 

    Its a skin, nobody cares.
    There are several gamebreaking issues thats needs to be adressed

  • Aziux said:

    Hiya, here's what I would do, I would send a new ticket with this evidence but also provide pictures of the dates of your achievements for prestiging your characters that way you prove you have at least 1/3 legacy pieces (depending how far you went by what time) If you can prove the date of the priestege and prove it wasn't hacked (you would have the exact same date and time if it were hacked) they should hopefully be able to give it back to you. Hope this helped.

    P.S Send ticket via email I forget what it is but I am sure you can find it, they had always been helpful to me.

    Thank you, sadly I already did 3 tickets sending them everything. But the response was always the same generic email telling me "we can't do this right now". It's just another bait like the "soon™" of BHVR
  • @AnotherRandy said:
    Sooo, having videos on YouTube, Screenshots, multiple save files, and achievements on steam with correct date isn't enuf? Please stop commenting, u got really hard behavioured.

    In theory they should be able to do something but if they do over your proof what about those that did not make videos, take screens or backup the save file? since it was never a requirement to ever do so, is it fair for those legit players to be treated differently than those that did over a mistake made by the devs? that is the quandary they are in giving some and not them all would be the worst thing they could do and trusting the others is open to abuse, if BHVR had a copy of all the save flies up to that point it would be different but since they were stored on the individuals PC it will never happen it seems.

    It sucks I agree but the problem which has been created can only be fixed by giving people another chance to earn them which we know will never happen.

    They could have done sooo many things. The easiest one would be to code a program checking the achievement and the date. If prestige was earned before the dead line -> legacy handed out. And even if its not possible to find out which char was prestiged, they could just gave for every survivor/killer due to prestige level. This would be the minimum to say sorry from devs side about all the suffering we went through. (I mean, I lost my save file 2 times.. Imagine spending over 50 million BP at once.. Sitting there for hours leveling was nearly a punishment itself).
  • Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:

    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.
    
    
    
    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    

    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

    Sooo, having videos on YouTube, Screenshots, multiple save files, and achievements on steam with correct date isn't enuf? Please stop commenting, u got really hard behavioured.

    They run their game unoptimized. It uses spaghetti code. They can’t balance it for #########. I have no reason to be favoring them; don’t think that I am.

    Well, was sounding like u trying hardly to defend the devs about this .. Nearly like it's no-ones fault, "just happened, deal with it now"
  • @AnotherRandy said:
    They could have done sooo many things. The easiest one would be to code a program checking the achievement and the date. If prestige was earned before the dead line -> legacy handed out. And even if its not possible to find out which char was prestiged, they could just gave for every survivor/killer due to prestige level. This would be the minimum to say sorry from devs side about all the suffering we went through. (I mean, I lost my save file 2 times.. Imagine spending over 50 million BP at once.. Sitting there for hours leveling was nearly a punishment itself).

    The problem with this is hacked achievements, back then the saves were on the PC, now they are stored on a server its harder but people who have that achievement hacked would be gifted them and if the profile is private the devs would never know, they could open it but then that would mean manually checking as doing it automatically they could just open it for that small period, as I said it is open to a lot of abuse.

    They also cant give it to all chars for those that got prestige lvl 3 as those who had that on last day would be gifted all the skins for all characters, the ones that actually earned a few of the skins may not be happy as they are essentially nothing but bragging rights and it would negate the work they put in.

    I really do feel for you but the solution was never simple due to the way the game saved and how easy it was to hack the file, I don't think at this point the devs will ever sort it out, the more time that passed the harder it got to find a solution that would work.

  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......
  • Yeah it sucks, and it really is a double edged sword

    They need proof, which you can provide.

    But then they could also turn it away saying its fake (Even if its not)

    I am not saying you are lying, but how do we know you are telling the truth, even if we see the proof as well? You see what I am saying?

    I am sure there were plenty of fakers running around trying to get legacy skins.

    It is a hard spot to be in for either side.

  • Why do you care this much?
    It's just a skin and I think you need to move on!
    Would you rather lay time on the whole community or one person who wants his skin back?

    I think you know the answear to that one yourself...
    You didin't buy the game bcs of the skin or did you?
    And there are many more souls out there just like you so there's no reason for you to be extra whiny about it!

  • Skorpanio said:

    Why do you care this much?
    It's just a skin and I think you need to move on!
    Would you rather lay time on the whole community or one person who wants his skin back?

    I think you know the answear to that one yourself...
    You didin't buy the game bcs of the skin or did you?
    And there are many more souls out there just like you so there's no reason for you to be extra whiny about it!

    For some reason, all legacy owners are emotionally tied to their skins. Whenever they hear something like "What about something new, like a legacy", they throw tantrum about how it would be unfair and stupid and ugly etc. (And I mean NEW cosmetics, not THE legacy)
  • @popoles said:
    For some reason, all legacy owners are emotionally tied to their skins. Whenever they hear something like "What about something new, like a legacy", they throw tantrum about how it would be unfair and stupid and ugly etc. (And I mean NEW cosmetics, not THE legacy)

    People get attached to things they had to work hard for, even if the "hard work" was playing video games.

  • @Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

    Actually on steam an easy way to find out that you did legacy legitly is if you go to your acheivements and go to were the prestiege 1,2,3, and 3 lvl 50 are. if you look to the right it will tell you the day you acheieved those achievements if they are before the end cutoff for legacy then yes you got legacy. Steam achievements cannot be manipulated by save files so just show them that and make sure they know its your steam profile. (send them a link to your profile and your ahcievement list of dbd). This can also be used to find people who hacked leagacy and all that jazz.

  • Global said:

    @Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

    Actually on steam an easy way to find out that you did legacy legitly is if you go to your acheivements and go to were the prestiege 1,2,3, and 3 lvl 50 are. if you look to the right it will tell you the day you acheieved those achievements if they are before the end cutoff for legacy then yes you got legacy. Steam achievements cannot be manipulated by save files so just show them that and make sure they know its your steam profile. (send them a link to your profile and your ahcievement list of dbd). This can also be used to find people who hacked leagacy and all that jazz.

    Thanks, that's what I'm saying the whole time but people still come with the "what if ur lying" thing.. Big oooff to this
  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......
    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?
  • Orion said:

    @popoles said:
    For some reason, all legacy owners are emotionally tied to their skins. Whenever they hear something like "What about something new, like a legacy", they throw tantrum about how it would be unfair and stupid and ugly etc. (And I mean NEW cosmetics, not THE legacy)

    People get attached to things they had to work hard for, even if the "hard work" was playing video games.

    It was grinding, getting level 1 with no perks and doing it again.. And again... And again.. And again.. If the whole exclusive cosmetic announcement wouldn't be there, I wouldnt have pressed prestige a single f time. 
  • @AnotherRandy said:
    chemical_reject said:


    AnotherRandy said:

    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum

    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......

    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?

    The hell is wrong with you? xD
    I personally would had gotten over it already after 6 months, but i guess i have to understand that you are still angry. If you are still looking for a solution this is the wrong place because other players can't do ######### for you.
    Post your problem here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues and other people with the same problem will join you.

    PS: throwing ######### to people might not be the best way to take them to join you.

  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......
    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?
    Lol with ur attitude, if I were a Dev I wouldn't give a crap if u got ur legacy back or not. 
  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......
    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?
    And to answer ur question, I'm the guy NOT crying about a skin. 
  • I've never heard of devs giving legacy back. Say goodbye forever. 🙏
  • @chemical_reject said:
    AnotherRandy said:


    chemical_reject said:


    AnotherRandy said:

    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum

    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......

    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?

    And to answer ur question, I'm the guy NOT crying about a skin. 

    just stop dude. you are not helping the conversation.

  • @Visionmaker said:
    I've never heard of devs giving legacy back. Say goodbye forever. 🙏

    They have in the past, but that was when the devs didn't have a ######### ton of stuff to do and didn't have to worry about constantly growing and expanding the team. I'm sure once they get their stuff sorted out that they can help with your situation that's if you do provide the appropriate amount of evidence.

  • Vietfox said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    chemical_reject said:


    AnotherRandy said:

    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum

    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......

    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?

    The hell is wrong with you? xD
    I personally would had gotten over it already after 6 months, but i guess i have to understand that you are still angry. If you are still looking for a solution this is the wrong place because other players can't do ######### for you.
    Post your problem here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues and other people with the same problem will join you.

    PS: throwing ######### to people might not be the best way to take them to join you.

    Thanks, that was helpful. I know, but those people just messaging in a threat without any relate to the question/issue is just dumb.
  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......
    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?
    And to answer ur question, I'm the guy NOT crying about a skin. 
    Just for the record, u responded multiple times but haven't give a single sentence to help/ related to the question/issue. 
    If ur already in a forum a time waste, I doubt u would be ever helpful as a Dev lmao. Always these irrelevant anonymous masks trying to be important.. 
  • So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......
    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?
    And to answer ur question, I'm the guy NOT crying about a skin. 
    Just for the record, u responded multiple times but haven't give a single sentence to help/ related to the question/issue. 
    If ur already in a forum a time waste, I doubt u would be ever helpful as a Dev lmao. Always these irrelevant anonymous masks trying to be important.. 
    I thought telling u to "not ask for help in a ######### way" was EXTREMELY helpful. 
  • βLAKE said:

    @chemical_reject said:
    AnotherRandy said:


    chemical_reject said:


    AnotherRandy said:

    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum

    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......

    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?

    And to answer ur question, I'm the guy NOT crying about a skin. 

    just stop dude. you are not helping the conversation.

     Did this have anything to do with u? 
  • It's over 6 months ago since I lost my progress and got only a BP refund back. I showed them Screenshots, videos, backup of my save file etc but still I didn't got my legacy back. Why do they don't care about the people who supported them from the very beginning?  I feel extremely robbed and the fact that the devs don't official address this is making me sick and very angry. So many people asked them but they don't lose a single word in any stream or video. Why isn't this priority number one? Why do they keep pushing skins over skins in the shop every week but drop the loyal players like a sandbag? What is this behaviour? 
    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum
    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? What kind of logic is that, u got behavioured or what?
    Jack11803 said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    Jack11803 said:

    Because you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you had it, because they want to make money, because spending their time and allocating rescources to a skin barely anyone has is dumb, because there’s more to the game than legacy; lastly because you didn’t draw these conclusions yourself.

    Did u even read my text? I can and had proof it, so what's ur point? 
    Soo ur telling me giving the community an opportunity to get exclusive skins only one time, while the grind was insaaaane high and then just drop it to those who lost it BY THE MISSTAKE of devs themselves is not "dumb"? Please think and read before u comment anything again

    Save file can be manipulated. Video could be you hacking, same for photo with editing being even easier (these have happened before, people trying to get skins through hacks, then con the devs to get them legitimately). So, what definitive proof do you have? None?

    Sooo, having videos on YouTube, Screenshots, multiple save files, and achievements on steam with correct date isn't enuf? Please stop commenting, u got really hard behavioured.
    Sorry for all the quotes but I wanted it show how aggressive the OP was right from the start. Don't be all salty while ur seeking assistance and MAYBE just MAYBE someone official would have answered. 
  • But by all means continue bitching while ur hand is out.... see how far that gets you. 
  • Vietfox said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    chemical_reject said:


    AnotherRandy said:

    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum

    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......

    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?

    The hell is wrong with you? xD
    I personally would had gotten over it already after 6 months, but i guess i have to understand that you are still angry. If you are still looking for a solution this is the wrong place because other players can't do ######### for you.
    Post your problem here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues and other people with the same problem will join you.

    PS: throwing ######### to people might not be the best way to take them to join you.

    Thanks, that was helpful. I know, but if I have a question people should say something which doesn't relate it. It's just exhausting. However, thanks I will try in this section 
  • It really does bother me that someone lost their rightfully earned cosmetics, and that there is even one person, let alone several, in this thread telling him to just "get over it". Wow. There are some pretty terrible people out there
  • @Sandt21
    You act as if we are some selfish monsters. If OP wasn't so rude, everybody would act differently.
  • @popoles said:
    @Sandt21
    You act as if we are some selfish monsters. If OP wasn't so rude, everybody would act differently.

    Ecactly, noticed how all those people HAVE ALSO pointed out his behavior?

  • @chemical_reject said:
    AnotherRandy said:


    chemical_reject said:


    AnotherRandy said:

    So no-one gives a sh*t about this? What a time waste is this forum

    Maybe don't ask for help in a ######### way.......

    Who are you? Are you from any movie or something important?

    Lol with ur attitude, if I were a Dev I wouldn't give a crap if u got ur legacy back or not. 

    I think he is upset and gonna cry over a skin.