The next maps that need adjustments
So last patch came with a bunch of changes to maps with noteable issues. This is what the game needed & it still currently needs this on a good amount of maps. The maps I feel need some looking into are:
Disturbed Ward (most in need of fixing, too big & main building too safe)
Haddonfield (we all know why it needs fixing)
Mount Ormond (too big, too many jungle gyms next to one another)
Mother's Dwelling (too big, god loop in house)
Fractured Cowshed (barn is still kinda broken with 2 open windows)
Badham Preschool (a lot of high value pallets in my opinion, gen spacing could be reduced a bit)
The Game (too killer-sided)
Yamaoka Estate (both maps are blendette feeding grounds, Family Residence is too long with few pallets in the middle section)
Feel free to comment other maps you feel need looking into or how certain updates to maps didn't fully resolve specific issues found in them. I would also say that tiles need to be remodeled or that more tile types need to be added. This would shake up how survivors loop & how killers mindgame. Looping shouldn't be as repetitive as it is.
Comments
How would you change Game?
Shelter Woods needs to be changed. There's not much to the map besides a few pallets placed around the map and it's very possible for rng to only spawn LT walls.
It's just a boring map to play as survivor or killer.
Shelter woods, rotten fields, and wrecker's yard simply because they're boring. They should COMPLETELY rework these maps and make them more interesting/interactive like the saloon with breakable walls and whatnot.
In addition to some of the maps you mentioned, Hawkins also needs some slight tweaking because most of the pallets and the second floor windows are complete death traps. The best way to fix Hawkins is to make most of the pallets mindgameable like Lery's but make the map smaller to compensate. Maybe add some more windows as well on the first floor.
Most of these maps are fine and were already changed.
No.
@LALYTHIA most of the maps I listed were not touched or received minor changes. The only one that received massive changes was Fractured Cowshed, but again I mention how I think it still has some issues around the barn tile specifically, so it's not asking much.
@Dead_by_Gadfly I would find some way to increase its size/shape a bit probably. The reason why it's a strong map is the killer has so little space to worry about (basically 2 big squares stacked on one another). They can also hear fast movement & activity going on above/below them so essentially it's like patrolling 2 floors at once if you are listening carefully. Gens & exits are also more difficult to find since it's indoors (more of an issue for the lower ranks). This is probably the only map I think can be considered "too killer-sided" (Lery's might be another, but I think the rework of it is fine as is).
@Slickstyles I think Rotten Fields & Sheltered Woods were originally meant to be immersive kind of maps. They are a bit flawed with very little to protect survivors being in the center of the map. I'm personally fine with Wrecker's Yard, but yeah these older maps do need to be livened up a bit more.
I agree with all of them except maybe the Game. I would rework that map so that it has a lot more windows to use and reduce the amount of pallets it has drastically.
I also want to see Shelter Woods and Blood Lodge reworked.
Shelter Woods loves spawning huge deadzones and giving just L and T walls instead of any jungle gyms.
Blood Lodge is full of safe pallets in the middle area. I would reduce the size of that map and spawn 1-2 tiles in the middle and remove a lot of those pallets there.
Hawkins is also too killer sided but that map would require a huge rework to fix the issues so I don't think they would give it a rework , at least for a while.
The game really isn't killer sided. It has a lot of pallets and is bad for Huntress, Trapper, Hag, and Deathslinger. Can even be bad for Oni and Billy, due to not being open enough.
Disturbed Ward: Agree.
Haddonfield: Agree, as both killer and survivor, the Haddonwalls are annoying.
Mount Ormond: Just spacing out the jungle gyms would be sufficient. The size of it overall isn't that big.
Mothers Dwelling: Just too big. The middle structure isn't much of an issue if you aren't pepega at killer.
Fractured Cowshed: One of those Windows has a door literally right next to it. It's fine.
Badham: It's fine. EVERY pallet on there is playable by either side. It's not even a big map, either.
The Game: It's only killer sided if you let it be. Ironically, it's my most escaped map. A reMASTER, perhaps, but it's structure is fine. You can't make the "killer sided argument" when the map has LITERALLY 4 god pallets.
Yamaoka: I hate this map on both sides unless playing Ghostface.
Yeah, but every other killer excels on this map. I would also beg to differ on Hag. Even though her traps are very visible, she can create deadly choke points. And the only thing Billy has trouble with on the Game is long range sniping survivors. Him & Oni still get good use of their power (at least when I have use them on this map). I won't say its so killer-sided that it's an awful map, but it's definitely not survivor-sided.