CHANGES TO DELIVERANCE

"After performing a safe unhook rescue on another survivor, Deliverance activates.

You now have a 100% chance of unhooking yourself during the escape attempt.

A successful Deliverance from the hook triggers the BROKEN status effect for 60 seconds which cannot be seen by the killer, and you will gain the endurance status effect for 10 seconds. Any damage taken during that time would put the unhooked survivor into the dying state will instead apply the deep wound status effect. The survivor has 20 seconds to MEND themselves. If they don't complete this action they will be put in the dying state."

Comments

  • Do you guys agree with this??

  • Giving Deliverance a BT would be OP in end game. I dont see this buff happening. I also don't see them hiding your status effect from the Killer, nor would I want to. There are a handful of OG killers who still respect a legit kobe. You would never know who was a legit kobe vs. who was using Deliverance in this case. Its fun to have a moment with the Killer where they look at you and nod like, "Bruh, you just legit kobed!" and I'm like, "I know, Bruh. I'm as shocked as you" and then I hobble off and we meet again later. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @EpicBigBrain said:

    Do you guys agree with this??

    No, its perfect the way it is, why buff it? Youre already getting to unhook yourself. Just run ds and bt with it.

  • I just thought it would be a good counter to face camping

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Giving Deliverance a BT would be OP in end game. I dont see this buff happening. I also don't see them hiding your status effect from the Killer, nor would I want to. There are a handful of OG killers who still respect a legit kobe. You would never know who was a legit kobe vs. who was using Deliverance in this case. Its fun to have a moment with the Killer where they look at you and nod like, "Bruh, you just legit kobed!" and I'm like, "I know, Bruh. I'm as shocked as you" and then I hobble off and we meet again later. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    The reason I was thinking the broken status effect wouldn't appear to the killers is because they would just wait for the endurance to run out

  • Don't Deliverance In The Killer's Face.


    The way Deliverance works you have the time to jump off the hook guaranteed at any time as long as it's before struggle you don't have to literally jumped off the hook the second the killer turns their back.


    The broken status also so can you show a killer if it's worth going back to the hook or not usually I won't waste my time going back to the hook for a Deliverance because all it means that there's one person right by the hook and three people on gens

  • The counter to camping cannot be something that stops it entirely. It has to be something that makes unnecessary camping worse.

    Remember that necessary camping exists and NEEDS to work or else the game straight up breaks on a fundamental level.


  • @Volfawott said:

    Don't Deliverance In The Killer's Face.

    The way Deliverance works you have the time to jump off the hook guaranteed at any time as long as it's before struggle you don't have to literally jumped off the hook the second the killer turns their back.

    The broken status also so can you show a killer if it's worth going back to the hook or not usually I won't waste my time going back to the hook for a Deliverance because all it means that there's one person right by the hook and three people on gens

    what I was more meaning that it would counter face camping as that then makes the perk useless as you could be knocked instantly

  • @EpicBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294928#Comment_1294928

    The reason I was thinking the broken status effect wouldn't appear to the killers is because they would just wait for the endurance to run out

    I hear ya, but again, I like people being able to discern a legit kobe.

    The biggest problem I see with a lot of the fixes to face camping is that during the match - face camping is really unfair. Especially as the first person hooked. However, in end-game, face camping IMO is much more acceptable, since it's the Killer's last opportunity to secure a Kill and they have a right to defend their hook when there is literally no other objective to meet. So if anything were to be done to deter people from face camping, I really think it would need to end after the last gen was completed. In this case, the person with Deliverance wouldn't get the Endurance status if all the generators are finished. Because having someone able to off-hook themselves in your face and take a hit would be too OP in end game to really be fair for the Killer.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294940#Comment_1294940

    I hear ya, but again, I like people being able to discern a legit kobe.

    The biggest problem I see with a lot of the fixes to face camping is that during the match - face camping is really unfair. Especially as the first person hooked. However, in end-game, face camping IMO is much more acceptable, since it's the Killer's last opportunity to secure a Kill and they have a right to defend their hook when there is literally no other objective to meet. So if anything were to be done to deter people from face camping, I really think it would need to end after the last gen was completed. In this case, the person with Deliverance wouldn't get the Endurance status if all the generators are finished. Because having someone able to off-hook themselves in your face and take a hit would be too OP in end game to really be fair for the Killer.

    Yes I 100% agree with that

  • @EpicBigBrain said:

    I just thought it would be a good counter to face camping

    Thats what tge ds is for

  • I would agree with that however most smart killers would expect the ds.

  • @EpicBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295025#Comment_1295025

    I would agree with that however most smart killers would expect the ds.

    I hear that, but you literally unhooked yourself, that removes any pressure tge killer was trying to make. Thats why it comes with a broken status because its a big deal

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295030#Comment_1295030

    I hear that, but you literally unhooked yourself, that removes any pressure tge killer was trying to make. Thats why it comes with a broken status because its a big deal

    it doesn't remove the pressure if you just get immediately downed again tho

  • @EpicBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295054#Comment_1295054

    it doesn't remove the pressure if you just get immediately downed again tho

    Thats why you have to use it smart and not unhook yourself in the killers face like youre trying to do. You want unhook yourself in the killers face as soon as he hooks you, eat a built in bt and then use your ds if he picks you up (which he probably will because doing all that deserves a tunnel). So it probably took him 30 secs the first time and youve now extended that 1 chase into AT LEAST 45 to 50 secs. And thats without him eating the ds. Which means those other 3 survivors have already finished a gen if they were working together, if they werent working on 3 seperate gens then 2 are going to pop by the time he gets to the next person and initiates chase.

    I would uninstall this game if they did this. Not playing.

  • Just at the thought of having somebody Deliverance right in my face, then run really far away and make me chase them around, just to down them again, and then maybe get hit by DS? I say probably not a good change.