Remove survivors ability to block other survivors

I get survivors body blocking a killer, or a killer blocking a survivor - those make sense. Survivors shouldn't be able to body block other survivors - it just ruins gameplay for other survivors trying to do objectives. Myself and teammates keep getting body blocked by randoms at totems in corners or gens (mostly totems though) until a killer comes over. Killers want and should get totems in well hid spots but survivors shouldn't have to risk getting stuck in a spot because another survivor feels like being a jerk. Allowing survivors to be able to move through other survivors will stop this.

Comments

  • @bm33 said:

    I get survivors body blocking a killer, or a killer blocking a survivor - those make sense. Survivors shouldn't be able to body block other survivors - it just ruins gameplay for other survivors trying to do objectives. Myself and teammates keep getting body blocked by randoms at totems in corners or gens (mostly totems though) until a killer comes over. Killers want and should get totems in well hid spots but survivors shouldn't have to risk getting stuck in a spot because another survivor feels like being a jerk. Allowing survivors to be able to move through other survivors will stop this.

    Idk man I like sandbagging my friends

    Also, most randoms won't do this, and if they do a majority of killers will punish them for it, unless they're sweating.

  • What you are describing is bannable. It's taking your game hostage. Take a screenshot or video capture it, send it to Devs. Let the survivor know in post game chat that they can get banned for it, 9/10 they are just trolling and don't even know it's bannable. Spread the word, so most people who do it will stop. Obviously you'll get that random 7 year old kid who wants to do it no matter what, but that's what the ban is for. At least spread the word to those doing it so most people get scared and stop doing it entirely.

  • @Snowstruck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153931/remove-survivors-ability-to-block-other-survivors

    Idk man I like sandbagging my friends

    Also, most randoms won't do this, and if they do a majority of killers will punish them for it, unless they're sweating.

    It didn't happen as often until the last couple weeks. I have atleast 2 matches a day of people doing it, usually they're red ranks. Only one time did the killer go after the person after downing me and mori'd them. The rest of the killers reward the person. :/

  • I understand the annoyance. I had a game recently when the killer went AFK (I guess they just gave up) and all gens were done, there were 2 survivors at each of the gates just body blocking the switch at 99% for ages. I don't understand players that do this to be honest, it's not even funny.

    And of course sandbagging your teammates in a chase is a dickish thing to do.

  • @Meroko said:

    What you are describing is bannable. It's taking your game hostage. Take a screenshot or video capture it, send it to Devs. Let the survivor know in post game chat that they can get banned for it, 9/10 they are just trolling and don't even know it's bannable. Spread the word, so most people who do it will stop. Obviously you'll get that random 7 year old kid who wants to do it no matter what, but that's what the ban is for. At least spread the word to those doing it so most people get scared and stop doing it entirely.

    I usually do the in-game report. If they actually do get banned will start screenshot/send. I'd heard they don't actual ban unless people hack.

  • @Owlzey said:

    I understand the annoyance. I had a game recently when the killer went AFK (I guess they just gave up) and all gens were done, there were 2 survivors at each of the gates just body blocking the switch at 99% for ages. I don't understand players that do this to be honest, it's not even funny.

    And of course sandbagging your teammates in a chase is a dickish thing to do.

    That's obnoxious. Feel like they just want to see if they can get someone to DC.

  • I agree. There is only negativity that comes from this feature.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    I wouldn't complain if they got rid of this. Yesterday I was being chased by a Legion, while in deep wound aka blind af I went to go vault a window in the temple and all of a sudden I can't move - realise it's a David in front of me who I didn't see and then they have the audacity to vault the window I was going for. I died because of this.

    Though I think this may be a ball-ache to do. Generally these things aren't coded in manually (More like a option in settings) so they'd have to do so in order to keep survivors vs killers the same but not with survivor vs survivor. But, I only know the very basic of basic Game design so I could be super wrong and it might be an ez fix.

    Fingers crossed the coding wouldn't be game breaking and they can change it.