A slight nerf to bbq for downs)

BBQ shows the auras of everyone with the exception of people in lockers, those that have distortion or active off the record. That's not really a problem. It is however a problem that it shows downed people too. I think this aspect should be removed so that deer stalker is more desirable for finding downed survivors. BBQ is a perk that most people run already because of the aura reading and BP bonus. This wouldn't deter people from using it nor should it but it would encourage people to run deerstalker if they want to find downed people. Anyways just my thoughts.

Comments

  • I would find this most advantageous in end-game, when killers tend to slug to 4k. Maybe it would deter some from slugging. But, in reality you're just going to bleed out in that scenario without unbreakable anyway. So it wouldn't really make a huge difference and would probably piss people off. I'm fine with BBQ as is, although I agree, it does take away from deerstalker's functionality that way.

  • @Saranghei said:

    BBQ shows the auras of everyone with the exception of people in lockers, those that have distortion or active off the record. That's not really a problem. It is however a problem that it shows downed people too. I think this aspect should be removed so that deer stalker is more desirable for finding downed survivors. BBQ is a perk that most people run already because of the aura reading and BP bonus. This wouldn't deter people from using it nor should it but it would encourage people to run deerstalker if they want to find downed people. Anyways just my thoughts.

    That nerf would only help players with unbreakable otherwise it would just waste everyone time

    BBQ is already a very well balanced perk with a lot of counterplay that also promotes a healthy playstyle and therefore doesn't need any more nerfs to it

  • Rather than nerfing BBQ (which I think is in a fine state as it is), why not instead focus on a buff for Deerstalker?

    Its not that BBQ is stealing its thunder, its actually that Deerstalker doesn't offer enough to be a desirable perk, especially not over the popular options killers have. Being able to see the auras of downed survivors isn't really a great ability to bring into a trial. Just having a decent headset is usually enough to hear them on the ground (excluding when the 'slug bug' occurs). If you're hunting for the last 1-2 downed survivors at the end of a match, you can bring Whispers to gain roughly the same advantage, and Whispers is really good for a LOT of other things throughout the trial as well.

    I don't think Deerstalker will be easy to make relevant though, it seems to mainly exist as a perk to help new players learn the ropes (along the same lines as Unrelenting. The only thought I'd come up with would be to have it reveal the auras of survivors rescued from the Dying State and their saviors for 5 seconds after the slug was picked up off the ground, but even then I'm uncertain if that would elevate it far beyond fun gimmick status.

  • If you see someone slugged with BBQ, they can easily crawl away before you can get to them.

    Also, why not buff Deerstalker? The reason it’s not used that much is because players can hear the slugged Survivors with a decent headset (when sound works properly of course).

  • Bad idea. I've had plenty of survivors bleed out because I forgot to check where they were with BBQ. It just means we're stuck on the map doing nothing for a few minutes (well, they're stuck on the ground listening to me constantly chainsawing or hitting my bell or something, because I can still play with my murder toys) instead of moving on earning BP and getting to actually play the game.

    Anyway, Deerstalker is unlimited while BBQ is very limited, because it only activates under the very specific condition of hooking a survivor, there are only four survivors and each can only be hooked a certain number of times, and there are plenty of ways to hide from the aura reading.

    Personally, I don't want to encourage more killers to run Deerstalker: it would mean more slugging killers. Survivors would spend more of their time in a match bleeding out on the ground. No thanks.