Are there any Clown Mains?

I just need to know if anyone has had any luck playing as him?

I've tried playing as him but his potions seem difficult to aim.

Any pointers?

Comments

  • I’ve only gone up against 2 clowns in the past month lol

  • He's too boring to play for me tbh.

  • While I struggle to call myself a "main" of anything (I've never liked sticking with one character) I do play him probably more often than a lot of the killers there are.

    I don't think his "potions" are as difficult to aim as you think. It is admittedly a little hard to hit the bottle itself if you're throwing it upward in an arc, but that doesn't matter too much because it makes the cloud around the impact when it breaks. As long as you can aim that area of the cloud, it's actually not bad. A lot of people compare Clown to Freddy and I can see why, but I enjoy Clown mostly because of the fact that he can place his slowing zones in ways that Freddy can't, by throwing them over walls, ahead of the survivor (if you can aim it well enough to get it in between them and a pallet or whatever), and also by breaking a bottle over a room (like shack) and having the cloud slowly float and spread downward. He also has that added benefit of obscuring survivor vision which might not seem like much, but when reaction time is important, being able to see clearly actually makes a difference sometimes.eawd

    I've had some "luck" playing as him. He's obviously not as effective as other killers could be sometimes, but I think people give him a little more crap than he deserves. Once you know how to arc his bottles decently, you'll probably find some success on him. Don't be afraid to look a little stupid when you're trying to test out the arcs, that's how you'll learn. Kind of like Huntress. Different amounts of charge, different angles (high and low) can be used in different situations.

    Anyway, I encourage you to try him more. I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be. Good luck if you decide to keep trying. :)

  • I WANT to play him more, but hes just to bad.

  • They said in the last Q&A that they are working on giving him a buff right now. Wait for that to happen.

  • @DudeDelicious is probably the most dedicated Clown main on these forums.

  • You want to aim your bottles at where you don't want survivors to go. If they go through it anyway, they'll be slowed and possibly punished. Try to get them to drop pallets early to make chases easier for later in the match.

  • If you want to cover wider areas try hitting up high on objects i.e. trees, the ceiling of shack. The fumes will spread outward, forming a sort of dome around where it hit.

    I'd be wary playing him tho as he's seen as one of the hardest killers to perform well with. His power leaves a lot to be desired and that's about all he has. Compared to killers who have mobility, one shot potential and tools that are just plain easier to use in chase and net more results he kinda just underperforms relatively.

  • For starter don't aim for the survivors. It not an axe but used to herd them to other areas. You can aim the bottles at surfaces to make it spread out more thus slowing down the survivor. I normally run the exhaustion and hindered add on to eliminate SB,DH and any other exhaustion.

  • I just started using clown, what are the best perks to use with him?

    Right now I use

    BBQ, sloppy butcher, NOED, PGTW

    Any advise or suggestions is appreciated thanks

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153732/are-there-any-clown-mains

    @Yamaoka thanks

    Hi, I’m too lazy too go into great detail right now, so here are my pointers. Yes, aiming is hard. Take the time necessary to mess around practicing your aim (it’ll mean a lot of lost matches).

    Practice:

    • the difference between the two throw arches. One by tapping throw, one by charging throw.
    • The higher you aim upward, the further a bottle will travel (to a point)
    • Practice throwing bottles over walls into common structures. Get a feel for distancing and the throw arch to consistently achieve this.
    • Practice throwing bottles AHEAD of survivors. This means identifying/predicting where they are heading, and/or deterring them from particular structures.
    • Practice direct hit accuracy at varying distances from survivors. I just tunnelled one survivor over and over, match after match never hitting them just practicing better direct hit accuracy.

    The general rule with Clowns bottles is:

    • in areas where survivors can have evasive options (open spaces) try to place gas in FRONT of survivors. You want them to either run through the WHOLE gas cloud, or attempt to run around it. Either evasive option usually gives Clown an easier hit.
    • In confined spaces (such as Lery’s, Hawkins, etc.) try to go for DIRECT hits. Direct hits interrupt actions, and cause more severe blurred vision. I notice that when I achieve direct hits survivors quite often (but not always) will accidentally run into objects and get themselves momentarily stuck just long enough for a free hit. Again bear in mind that direct hits interrupt/prevent actions for a brief second, so learning to be as consistently accurate as possible can be a saving grace approaching totems, gate switches, hook saves, vaults, and pallets.

    Good luck. When you learn to be strategic and accurate with Clowns bottles, he can feel very rewarding.

    Thanks for the advice, thanks to @Huff too!

    I've been playing a few matches just practicing my aim and not worrying about winning.

    I think with a little more practice I'll be ready to try a serious match soon.

  • After seeing this, played a clown match and got a 3k.

    It was brutal, nice group of toxic SWF players. 4DS, borrowed time all around, so, so many flashlights, and of course a free hatch escape at the end.

    But hey, it was nice taking the clown out for a spin again. I don't think he's that bad.

  • I used to be a clown main when I started playing killer. But once you hit red ranks he's just not viable unless you're up against a potato team. He really does need a rework. Oddly enough though I had a daily today as clown and ended up on Haddonfield and somehow I 4k'd. I actually asked one of the teammates what was going on because I shouldn't have won that. But I did.

  • @Huff said:

    While I struggle to call myself a "main" of anything (I've never liked sticking with one character) I do play him probably more often than a lot of the killers there are.

    I don't think his "potions" are as difficult to aim as you think. It is admittedly a little hard to hit the bottle itself if you're throwing it upward in an arc, but that doesn't matter too much because it makes the cloud around the impact when it breaks. As long as you can aim that area of the cloud, it's actually not bad. A lot of people compare Clown to Freddy and I can see why, but I enjoy Clown mostly because of the fact that he can place his slowing zones in ways that Freddy can't, by throwing them over walls, ahead of the survivor (if you can aim it well enough to get it in between them and a pallet or whatever), and also by breaking a bottle over a room (like shack) and having the cloud slowly float and spread downward. He also has that added benefit of obscuring survivor vision which might not seem like much, but when reaction time is important, being able to see clearly actually makes a difference sometimes.eawd

    I've had some "luck" playing as him. He's obviously not as effective as other killers could be sometimes, but I think people give him a little more crap than he deserves. Once you know how to arc his bottles decently, you'll probably find some success on him. Don't be afraid to look a little stupid when you're trying to test out the arcs, that's how you'll learn. Kind of like Huntress. Different amounts of charge, different angles (high and low) can be used in different situations.

    Anyway, I encourage you to try him more. I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be. Good luck if you decide to keep trying. :)

    Being a Main doesn't mean playing only 1 specific Killer. At the moment I am a Nurse Main but I still stick with other Killers as well.

  • Not a Clown main but he's one of the killers I've played the most. In my opinion his best add ons are Thick Cork Stopper and Solvent Jug. After experimenting with different perks I discovered that using enduring and stbfl work better for me; these two particular perks make him faster during chases while survivors are slowed down; you can easily tank pallets and if a survivor runs away before you break it you can catch up faster thanks to your bottles. It can be a bit tricky trying not to lose stbfl stacks, but seriously when clown reaches all his stacks in the mid or late game he performs very well.

  • most of them switched to freddy who does the same with snaresand is better in every single aspect.

  • i need to ask is there any clown mains discord or group ?

  • i used to play clown a lot before ruins nerf, i knew ruin was gonna get nerfed so i prestigied him to level 3 before it when i wasnt gonna do it too fast i had other killers to p3 now slowly but surely without playing him i recovered all the perks i used to use at level 3 but for whatever reason without any desire to play him again he is so weak. i dont know why i used to enjoy him, i dont think ruin was the main reason because i used to enjoy billy a lot aswell then i got bored maybe i should give them a try once again and maybe i will find again why i used to like them so much.

  • @kateisbea said:

    I just started using clown, what are the best perks to use with him?

    Right now I use

    BBQ, sloppy butcher, NOED, PGTW

    Any advise or suggestions is appreciated thanks

    I'm not expert on Clown but here what i think is good on him Corrupt Intervention, Pop Goes The Weasel, Save The Best For Last, As main 3 perks for him. The last perk you can maybe use Brutal Strength, or Sloppy Butcher, or Hex: Haunted Ground, or Dark Devotion if you want some fun.