What the Bleep is up with this hatch BS?

So I'm having a great game, not tunneling, not camping, not slugging, running a damned marathon across the map to let these guys unhook, hitting my axe throws, its a ton of fun.

I hook the third survivor for the third time. Great, still 5 Gens left, I'm going for the perfect game.

And then..... the last one escapes. For free.

No key, nothing, just.... gone.

You used to have to get 2 gens done to open the hatch.

What the heck is this god awful survivor pity party that we've got now?

Comments

  • Bruh, just let 2 remaining survivors fix 3 gens if you have 5, down one, look for the hatch, hook someone after finding a hatch, close the hatch.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153649/what-the-bleep-is-up-with-this-hatch-bs

    I'd rather have the last survivor leave than spend 1 hour looking for 1 person who isn't going to touch 1 gen.

    As a survivor as well, I'd be petty and hide for 1 hour to make the killer DC.

    That's why.

    If it takes you an hour to find a survivor, then you have bigger issues. Even when my friends and I play "Blendette Hide & Seek", our matches don't last an hour.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285288#Comment_1285288

    If it takes you an hour to find a survivor, then you have bigger issues. Even when my friends and I play "Blendette Hide & Seek", our matches don't last an hour.

    I've done it, I've hid for an hour or so and forced the killer to DC.

    Back when Hatch Standoff was a thing and the Hatch wouldn't spawn at 5 gens.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286004#Comment_1286004

    On the flip side - he didn't win. Not providing the hatch would negate all the work the survivor did up to that point to stay alive. Which doesn't even bring up the fact that end-game and the hatch were both changed to be significantly killer sided and significantly reduce the chance of a solo survivor escaping. You essentially just want a "kill 3 get the 4th free!"...and that's never going to happen.

    No it does not negate what the survivor did to stay alive. Because there are still other ways for the survivor to escape. You aren't gonna win this argument bud. It only benefits the survivor. We don't want a free 4th kill. I still have to find and down the survivor. We want the survivor to not get a free escape.

  • If they didn't complete a single gen and you really wanted that 4k you could have literally left both of them to do whatever while you sifted the map for the hatch. Then when you knew where it was you could have slugged for the 4k. Dafuq. You only have yourself to blame for that one.

1 2 ›