Survivors shouldn't be able to tap a gen to stop regression
Now I have a feeling this is going to be a controversial opinion, but just tapping a gen to stop it's regression is so idiotic. I don't think it's a game breaking issue by any means, but its definitely annoying from a killer perspective. As a killer, you have to undergo a kick animation of a few seconds in order to make a gen begin regressing. All of that can instantly be undone by a survivor simply just tapping M1 on a gen. I've seen plenty of times where the survivor doesn't even go into their gen fixing animation & it still counts as stopping regression. Not only does that not make much sense logically, its honestly so cheap that a survivor can easily undo something the killer took time to do.
Now if I were to propose my idea on how to prevent tapping gens to stop regression, it would be to force the survivor to work on the gen for a set amount of time before regression can be stopped. The timing would not be much, being anywhere from 1 second to at most the amount of time it takes for a killer to kick a gen (though I personally think that's bit much). The survivor should at least have to get into their gen fixing animation. Maybe they also have to make a charge's worth of progress on the generator in order for it stop regression. I'm just throwing out my own solutions to this since I'm bringing it up. It's really annoying how if you kick a gen that's on a loop & begin chasing the survivor around it that they can tap it as they are looping. Generally, it doesn't have much of an effect on their looping & still rewards them by undoing a killer's work. And this is not just a me being a killer complaining for a survivor nerf. I just don't find it fair that a survivor can so easily undo the killer's work, & in front of the killer's face too. I play both killer & survivor equally, & as a survivor I still think it's a bit cheap.
Comments
Lol Who said anything about crows here? That has nothing to do with what I said. And I'll have you know that Spies from the Shadows is a s*** perk, f those crows, lol.
What is it 2 secs? I dont have the exact time memorized, but am i reslly that far off? Your comment makes it sound like i said 30 ๐
You actually nerf pop by nerfing gen tapping lmao
Not necessarily. A survivor would still be able to stop regression relatively fast, it just wouldn't happen by quickly tapping M1 next to a gen without getting into the gen repair animation. This would basically just be combating survivors that are trying to rush one particular gen & just gen tap it to stop regression in the killer's face. They get away with this because they can easily tap a gen as they are running & dont receive a slow down at all. This basically rewards them with stopping regression & still having time to make a safe loop nearby. If this time to stop regression was about 1 second then I don't see how it would have much of an effect on Pop Goes the Weasel.
Don't spread false information. ๐
Everyone suggesting Overcharge when you can just hit the skill check as you run away from the gen lol.
Also to say that you have to waste a perk slot to fix a broken game mechanic is stupid.That's a bandaid fix if i have ever seen one. You shouldn't have to use a perk to fix a broken game mechanic because the game mechanic should already he fixed without the need of perks
"and" genius.