No automatic struggle?

From the dev stream today, they said that they weren’t gonna implement an automatic struggle mechanic because “they want you to be present in the match” and that “it feels real”

this is just... really stupid, to be honest. Nobody is gonna leave their computer because they were hooked a second time. Also, wouldnt this mean that people would also tab out on their first hook?

besides, people have real life issues that make this actually painful, like carpel tunnel. So i realy dont understand why it cant be a feature across the board.

(also, sorry for grammar mistakes if there is any, low key typing this at 5am)

Comments

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279627#Comment_1279627

    You dont have to significantly change it. You can adjust few things:

    1) Dont kill survivors who do not struggle. AFK survivors will continue to hurt their teams, but, at least, they wont instantly die on the 2nd hook.

    2) Dont give bp to survivors who do not struggle.

    3) Give bp to survivors who want to struggle.

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) Ok, if you support suicides and you want to keep it, you can add a ''suicide'' button.

    EDIT: Wait, we do have the ''Leave Match'' button. You dont have to add more suicide buttons. Just give bp to people who struggle and dont give bp to people who dont like it.

    "Leave match" removes all the BP you acquired during the trial. It's not the same as dying on a hook.

  • I am rank 1 on both Survivor/Killer. I reached rank 1 survivor first month I played the game, its so easy, killer took a while longer, but I stay at my spot up there. You can check my steam achivements if you would like for confirmation. Let me know :)


    Edit: Bought the game dec 20 2019, reached rank 1 survivor jan 9, haha, survivor gameplay are a joke.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281287#Comment_1281287

    "Leave match" removes all the BP you acquired during the trial. It's not the same as dying on a hook.

    And what? You need to ruin multiplayer for others every 5 min? Maybe then you deserve to be punished, if you cant even leave your pc on for a few minutes. Grow up and begin to plan your time.

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281302#Comment_1281302

    And what? You need to ruin multiplayer for others every 5 min? Maybe then you deserve to be punished, if you cant even leave your pc on for a few minutes. Grow up and begin to plan your time.

    And if I want to give my teammate a chance to jump in the hatch before the killer finds him by killing myself on the hook, I should be able to without having to throw away all my hard-earned BP.

    PS: I don't DC, ever.

  • @Peanits said:

    I just want to clarify one thing; while we aren't planning to make it automatic, that does not mean that it won't ever be changed to something else (something other than button mashing).

    Don't lie, we all know BHVR has a deal with keyboard companies to make us expend as many as possible

  • Perhaps this should be a checkbox in the option menu.

    Those of us that think the mechanic adds nothing to the game, physically feel pain doing it or are maybe a few years older than the average player can set it to automatic.

    Those of you that want to destroy the keyboard of your brand new £1000 laptop can go ahead and leave it on manual.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281477#Comment_1281477

    And if I want to give my teammate a chance to jump in the hatch before the killer finds him by killing myself on the hook, I should be able to without having to throw away all my hard-earned BP.

    PS: I don't DC, ever.

    How about you two "hard earn" the escape, too? :^)

  • I accept your apology for assuming ######### about me.

  • Never really understood the problem

    Once you realise you have to press space like once a second it takes no effort at all

    I litterally browse my phone with one hand while casually pressing space with the other

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Never really understood the problem

    Once you realise you have to press space like once a second it takes no effort at all

    I litterally browse my phone with one hand while casually pressing space with the other

    Just so nobody accidentally kills themselves, it's twice per second, minimum.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281181#Comment_1281181

    Button mashing as it currently stands isn't fun either and hurts people's hands so I don't see your point.

    For the devs have you considered having the button mashing being replaced entirely with periodic(~ every 8 seconds after the previous one was completed/failed) skill checks and failing X number of them in a row kills you but you can also hold space to give up.

    You dont smash buttons repeatly. You have to hit different buttons fast enough in that case.

    And why do people also have this skill check fetish? Everything has to have skill checks. That's even more annoying especially when it's a doc, Unnerfing Presence or Lullaby.

    So you are like "Oh, 5 people from 45000 wants an automatic struggle so lets change it!" But how about all those people who likes the feature or just don't care because there are thousands of other real issues in this game.

    Yea I appreciate your feedback but the struggle phase is in the priority list around 2026 and 2029. Or when the devs release Dead By Daylight 2. or Life by Nightlight (I like this forum name). But for the moment: How about using your brain cells for some neat ideas for other issues or problematic things in this game? For examble some perks. Or things to make the game more new player friendly. Or things to make the game more approachable. Some ideas for new map designs idk. But the struggle phase? Seriously? Or hey how about things to make camping less viable.

1 2 ›