Why bots aren't a thing yet?

I mean, the mobile version were leaked because of codes found on the PC version, right? So it means they share the same base code, right? So, why some cool things (specially the DC bots) aren't on PC/console yet?

Instead of punishing DCers making people hook suicide (which has the same consequence to the remaining players but don't allow the substitution), just let'em DC and replace them with a bot. I'm pretty sure a bot would be A LOT MORE useful than most of survivors tbh...

ty :)

Comments

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152783/why-bots-arent-a-thing-yet

    Nope. Add the bots but still punish DCers.

    Bots will never be as good as human players, and, frankly, if people are too immature to finish a game because 'Whaa! I got 'tunneled' (whatever that means to me)' or 'Boo-hoo! I don't like Ghostface!' then they deserve bans, regardless of if there's bots or not to replace them.

    I agree that punishing DCers is necessary in current game state. BUT if the idea is replacing them with a bot you can't punish them or they will just hook suicide. You can't replace a hook suicide with a bot, the DCer will not be punished the same way, the remaining players will be punished.

  • I dunno, PC/Console devs really seem uncaring and deaf toward players suggestion who begged for ages who's actually on the mobile version of the game.

    Visual cues, bots, QoL improvements with the blood market, all those suggestions asked frequently got aknowledged by the mobile devs and it feel very unfair.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277497#Comment_1277497

    Honestly, I don't care if they will hook-suicide (which should also be punishable). I'm flat-out tired of salty babies disconnecting and then coming on these forums and going 'It's sooooo unfair! I only disconnected SOMETIMES!'

    Husks and bots are not meant to replace players. They're meant to soften the sting when a 10 year old plays on his big brother's account and ragequits. The infants still need to be punished for being too immature to actually play the game.

    I just want to remember that the killer also gets punished by an early hook suicide.

    • Hooking only one time this survivor will not grant you extra BPs for hooking him 3 times
    • Early hook suicides usually lead to more first hook suicides which leads to even less hooking and even less BPs
    • Less hookings = less emblem progression = the awesome experience of 4k depiping (hurdur ranks mean nothing hurdur)
    • Gaming isn't about easy wins, is about playing a fun game. I don't enjoy a 4k when the first one was an early hook suicide

    Punishing hook suicides makes ZERO sense. The game can't understand if the person just suicides because wanted to DC or

    • The killer is sluging everybody, kobing is the last resource
    • The killer downed the last guy, kobing is the last resource
    • The last guy opened the door and is teabagging the killer instead of trying to save me, kobing is the last resource
    • The killer is facecamping, I'm out
    • The killer is insidious basement camping, I don't want people to come here to die, I'm out
    • The killer is a pig/gf stealthily proximity camping, I'm out


  • @Veen said:

    I dunno, PC/Console devs really seem uncaring and deaf toward players suggestion who begged for ages who's actually on the mobile version of the game.

    Visual cues, bots, QoL improvements with the blood market, all those suggestions asked frequently got aknowledged by the mobile devs and it feel very unfair.

    I hope this is not the case, makes no sense not willing to make the best for the game and the players. I just would like to know if it is that hard to port mobile code to console/PC, since it looks like they actually share the same code :(

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277553#Comment_1277553

    It's easy to punish hook suicides:

    After <x>-length grace period (Say, 12 hour) to learn the game, anytime you try to Kobe twice and do not struggle, it counts as a disconnect.

    After 12 hours, most people will realize that trying to kobe is bad, and will know what the struggle phase is and how to not die in it.

    Besides the fact that this is a dab solution, it is easy to bypass

    Bad solution because

    • The killer is sluging everybody, kobing is the last resource
    • The killer downed the last guy, kobing is the last resource
    • The last guy opened the door and is teabagging the killer instead of trying to save me, kobing is the last resource

    These situations I mentioned earlier don't require struggling if you fail kobing.

    Easy to bypass because

    All you have to do is struggle a little not to qualify as a quitter and than quit

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277581#Comment_1277581

    Fair enough. Sadly, it seems bad players will always find a way to DC. Honestly, I wish Struggling was automatic, with a 'give up' button when it's down to 2 Survivors (so you can give up to give your friend the hatch).

    That would fix it. Babies would have to wait out the match or afk (which is reportable) or quit (which is bannable)

    This could be a better solution for the hook suicides, I like it. Unfortunately, Mathieu already said that wiggle and struggle are meant to be manual and uncomfortable. RIP dualshocks ☠️

  • #########


    Boring. I don't want to waste my time chasing a damn bot that people will just let die on hook etc. because he's a damn bot. Yuck. The whole point of the game is the multiplayer interaction. They added bots to dbd mobile i assume because the player base is still small, that's not really the case here.


    *Yeah yeah DCers whatever just ban them into oblivion. ######### all that Bot #########.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277601#Comment_1277601

    As much as I believe devs get to make the rules; Mathieu is wrong. Almost no one likes the mechanic. It hurts people with physical limitations like carpal-tunnel or arthritis, and it reduces the lifespan of keyboards and controllers.

    It's a bad gimmick that they seem to watch to hold on too in the face of all evidence pointing to the game being better without it.

    1. It hurts people
    2. It ruins keyboards and controllers
    3. People with disabilities hurt MORE
    4. Changing it can, as I've stated above, fix hook-suicides; the go-to thing for DCers to dodge DC penalties.

    Mr Mathieu needs to get with the times and accept that the struggle mechanic is now outdated and bad.

    It's not that he's right or wrong (he's not stating a rule, he's stating a design goal) per se, it's that the idea is just bad. I get that it's a horror game, but making the players feel physically unwell (if they happen to have stuff like carpal tunnel or arthritis, as you mentioned) and wear out their hardware is just bad game design.

  • @boboca said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277590#Comment_1277590

    This could be a better solution for the hook suicides, I like it. Unfortunately, Mathieu already said that wiggle and struggle are meant to be manual and uncomfortable. RIP dualshocks ☠️

    I think the majority of people here agree that McCote is one of the most out of touch developers in the world, he very rarely changes broken mechanics until he plays against somebody who can abuse the hell out of them

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152783/why-bots-arent-a-thing-yet

    Nope. Add the bots but still punish DCers.

    Bots will never be as good as human players, and, frankly, if people are too immature to finish a game because 'Whaa! I got 'tunneled' (whatever that means to me)' or 'Boo-hoo! I don't like Ghostface!' then they deserve bans, regardless of if there's bots or not to replace them.

    Actually, the mobile bots are pretty damn good from what I hear.