Badham Preschool + SWF + Voice Chat + Head On = Go AFK as Killer
And I thought getting Dead Dawg Saloon 3x in a row was bad (all 3 were offerings from different groups of survivors... What are the odds? Oh wait, odds don't matter. Bad Luck trumps probability.)
Really wish I had gone AFK during that match instead of trying to play it out only to get bullied into rage quitting and being forced to take a 15 min AFK break anyway...
Comments
SWF in general sucks to go against as killer. The devs desperately need to bridge the gap between solo survivors and SWF, and then balance killers/maps/perks accordingly. I'd say if you know the survivors in the lobby are SWF, just leave and find a new one. That's what I do.
The problem is the insane combos they can string together with their 16 perks. It's disgusting.
I still think that each SWF member should have their perks locked during the match (they stay equipped; they are just locked), and as their team is sacrificed off their locked perks unlock.
Yeah, great attitude. Why not decide to facecamp the first guy you get instead to show them "I assume u r SWF and ruin your game too"
So you already dced to get a 15 min penalty instead of a 5 min default one? Yowch.
Honestly, I see your issues here. Badham is actually really fun imo to play on when you're dealing with solo survivors, since once one god loop (house of pain/preschool) is gone they don't know and keep running there giving you free hits. It's when you're facing a swf that the map becomes problematic).
Imo this will keep going though, until solo survivors finally get stronger so the devs can superbuff killers accordingly.
I know you're joking about the AFK part, just gonna make sure everyone understands is banable
Yeah, tried that. All 3 of them swarmed the hook and had perks to get out of jail free. This is a horror game, but only for the killers who have to deal with voice chat.
I disconnected 23 hours prior. I don't get to choose when I get steamrolled by SWF. Otherwise I would have waited an hour for my first penalty to reset.
But you chose to disconnect, and that's the difference. You can play out the match like usual, give a gg and move on, but instead you chose to dc and give them that satisfaction.
Were they all running a head-on build?
If they swarm the hook, you have an easy hook trade, if not even a hook and a slug, free hits, etc. Believe it or not, they're doing you a favor.
And it's simply a horror-themed game. Nobody with more than 100h is going to be frightened. They're not playing with their real lives and you're not a real big bad guy wielding a sharp weapon.
You got dead dawg salloon 3 times in a row? Wish i had that luck lol
Sure, just like they chose to be toxic. They could have played the game as intended, but instead they chose to bully me the whole game for their own satisfaction.
@Nos37 And 15m means this was the third DC, because the first 2 are each 5 mins
#1 was hooked. #2 runs in and I hit them. #2 runs off and #3 unhooks #1 while I'm stuck cleaning my weapon. #4 wedges in between me and #1 so that both #1 and 2 are safe behind #3 and 4. They all made it out the gate.
Only 1 had Head On, but that's all it took for them to coordinate with voice chat. Any time I chased anyone I got stunned and they got away. By the time I could even hook the Head On survivor twice all the gens were done.
These annoying teams are tricky to go against. They require you to change your gameplan while you still need to patrol gens properly. I've noticed a rise in these teams using breakout preventing you from hooking. If you pick up a survivor and someone starts following you immediately drop them if you don't have iron grasp and/or mad grit. I've been trolled by this to many times and changed my strategy accordingly. Drop it, chase the break out player away or down/ hit them if you can, patrol area around the downed survivor (usually find someone else...), chase them away if you find them (hit/ down if you can). Area moderately secure? Pick up and hook them. Not secure? Leave them down until you can down someone else. If they are playing like that I am forced to slug if I want to stop the break out. Also check the area before picking up at all.
Head on also requires a different strategy once you figure out who has it they are target number one to get downed/hooked or slugged if necessary to keep a grasp on the game. Learn and adapt, don't fall for their tricks by either staying away far enough from questionable lockers in a chase or baiting them out of it. Most players are obviously leading you to a locker try to spot that behaviour and don't be afraid to break chase to maintain pressure elsewhere. I also check lockers near downed survivors to make sure there is no shenanigans going on when I pick them up (approach from the side..). If more players have head on it just gets harder to deal with...
With these kind of teams I go and patrol an area where I can force a three gen situation. The survivors want their fun head on / break out play so they will come to you. Don't get lured to far away from your little area since these teams know what your doing and will try to get you far away from there. Keep your head cool because you're in for a long game with all the unbreakable/ ds/ sprint burst plays. Just keep in mind they can only unbreakable once and can't use ds if you keep track of time. The area you pick turns into a deadzone after a while when the pallets are gone so never give up. This won't give you a win every time (that's okay imo) but it gives you a decent chance while you retain a sense of control.
There's no punishment/disincentivization system attached to how they chose to play (as with most ways one can play, besides taking the game hostage or cheating/exploiting), there is one attached to DCing.
Quitting every time doesn’t make you better; it makes you angrier. There’s no point playing a game when, as soon as you face an adversary you don’t have the skill to beat, you disconnect. The game wasn’t in your favour, so instead of learning from the experience (ie. Damn, this guy’s good in chases, better not chase him & focus on the weak link) or (This man’s got head on, he’s got to go ASAP) you quit out, and as Deadeye pointed out this was your third DC. If anyone’s at fault here, it’s you for dcing. Take the loss, learn, and move on, or you’ll never improve to a level where you can stomp them.