Are the Demogorgon's portals not supposed to give killer instinct through obstacles and floors?

Any time I put a portal behind a wall or above/below a generator, I get nothing. Is that how it's supposed to work, or is it bugged?

Comments

  • I know the range is super small, I think they literally have to be on top of it in order for it to work.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    I know the range is super small, I think they literally have to be on top of it in order for it to work.

    It's 4 meters. It's not that small that I can't place it behind the wall that the gen is adjacent to and not get killer instinct.

  • They also have to be activated by warping to/from them. They don't do anything if you just place them down. (just in case)

  • @WeenieDog said:

    They also have to be activated by warping to/from them. They don't do anything if you just place them down. (just in case)

    So portals that I haven't traveled to don't give killer instinct? That explains a lot...

  • There are add ons that increase the range of Demogorgon’s instinct.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    There are add ons that increase the range of Demogorgon’s instinct.

    P|G

    P is a portal, | is a wall, G is a generator. That's well within the 4 meters that it has without add-ons.

  • Alright, it was the activation issue. Never occurred to me that it worked like that.