What is dbd right now?

I dont know what's wrong with dbd, but its glitches are horrible. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I was hit 2 times really fast from nothing. It was a freddy I was just waiting for him to leave and suddenly I got downed from healthy to downed in 2 seconds from a freddy. And the wired thing is he didn't appear or anything he just came and picked me up casually. I've seen this happen to one person and it was on video, I play on ps4 by the way.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

  • I believe it's a "video game".

  • @Bovinity said:

    I believe it's a "video game".

    wow I didn't know that your such a big brain

  • Yeah, thanks for noticing, friend.

    Always happy to help.

  • I had this happen with a Trapper once on PS4. Just Latency issues, but I was already injured and another player at full health was beside me working on a gen, we both took damage at the same time while the trapper was visibly halfway across the map, he didn't suddenly teleport or anything. In fact the other survivor had time to heal me from downed to injured.

    Also have seen it from the other end,was watching a friend stream killer. 1 survior on hook, he find a dwight hits him, the dwight goes running towards the wall friend chases him, hits him multiple times but never falls down, all of a sudden the dwight disappears, there is an unhook notification and then dwight was downed at the hook after making the hook save.

  • sounds like you got "dedicated-servered" LOL

    Had a match the other day where I was being chased by a Bubba...he raised his chainsaw and then just started walking into the wall. I was perplexed. A split second later the screen refreshed to me being on his shoulder, carried to a hook. It looked like an old school lag switch. It's pretty balls.

  • Yes its an issue with latency + how the game works. Dedicated servers just moderate the game, you sync up your gen progress, healing, item usage etc with the server - works fine. But hit detection is done on the killer side, so that the server does not have to emulate the whole map/game. In order to make hit detection work on servers, they'd have to render all the objects, get the information from the killer and surv, compare these and decide whether or not it was a hit.

    If the killer has a bad connection, then ur position wont be refreshed on his end. Meaning that his game verifies the hit and passes that info along to the server. Even tho you're miles away from the killer, he'll still down you. Thats why some players suggested to show the killers ping while being in a lobby, to determine if you want to deal with it or not.

  • The best is when I put a survivor into the dying state and they fly partway across the map like they had some ragdoll physics. Makes picking them up a bit of a pain, I'll say.

  • That sounds more like you De-synced from the server. Could be his connection or yours, but it sounds like latency.