Why is there a perk specifically for trapper bear traps only?

I'm talking about slippery meat,its the only perk in the way that is only useful againts a specific killer,and that is trapper,why not have a specific perk for every killer but trapper only?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Because it is a super-old Perk. And it does not only work against Bear Traps, it is also giving more Unhook Attempts.

    But the Devs said on a Livestream that they will remove the Bear Trap-Part from Slippery Meat (so nerfing it, lol) in the future, because they dont want a Perk to interfere with a Killers Power in that way.

  • It also gives more unhook attempts and is pretty good in the Kobe-but-i-hate-deliverance build.

  • Because it is a perk from the beginning of the game's life, where we only had 4 killers, was never used that much either and never got an update so far.

  • The perk was introduced when Trapper was one third of the killer roster, so it made more sense then than it does now. I don't think they ever expected the game or the character selection to get this big when they first introduced it. But I was talking to Almo about Slippery Meat on his stream the other day, and he said it's definitely something they'd like to change.

  • Trapper was the only killer back in the time of dinosaurs. This perk is from the same era.

  • @Dzeikor said:

    I'm talking about slippery meat,its the only perk in the way that is only useful againts a specific killer,and that is trapper,why not have a specific perk for every killer but trapper only?

    Well you got the answer to why this perk mentions bear traps specifically but you do have perks that pretty much negate/reduce a killers power.

    Calm spirit vs Clown/Doctor

    Iron will vs Spirit

    No Mither vs Oni - although this is a double edge sword

    While these perks were not designed specifically to negate a killer power they work exceptionally well vs specific killers regardless. I'm sure there are more examples, though I feel they may be more "niche".

    Edit: My knowledge on No Mither vs Oni may be outdated, but it was the case you never left blood orbs during his release (bug or intentional I'm not sure).

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151685/why-is-there-a-perk-specifically-for-trapper-bear-traps-only

    Well you got the answer to why this perk mentions bear traps specifically but you do have perks that pretty much negate/reduce a killers power.

    Calm spirit vs Clown/Doctor

    Iron will vs Spirit

    No Mither vs Oni - although this is a double edge sword

    While these perks were not designed specifically to negate a killer power they work exceptionally well vs specific killers regardless. I'm sure there are more examples, though I feel they may be more "niche".

    yeah but slippery meat is specifically for trapper power

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151685/why-is-there-a-perk-specifically-for-trapper-bear-traps-only

    Well you got the answer to why this perk mentions bear traps specifically but you do have perks that pretty much negate/reduce a killers power.

    Calm spirit vs Clown/Doctor

    Iron will vs Spirit

    No Mither vs Oni - although this is a double edge sword

    While these perks were not designed specifically to negate a killer power they work exceptionally well vs specific killers regardless. I'm sure there are more examples, though I feel they may be more "niche".

    No mither does not help against the oni

  • I'll admit I may be incorrect about this but when Oni first came out I know you never left blood orbs when running No Mither.

    As I never really use the perk my testing/knowledge is very outdated.

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268288#Comment_1268288

    yeah but slippery meat is specifically for trapper power

    Yes I understand, hence why I said I know others have already answered that part of your question.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268321#Comment_1268321

    I'll admit I may be incorrect about this but when Oni first came out I know you never left blood orbs when running No Mither.

    As I never really use the perk my testing/knowledge is very outdated.

    You leave Blood Orbs with No Mither and this was never different. So having a No Mither in a team is Onis wet dream.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268321#Comment_1268321

    I'll admit I may be incorrect about this but when Oni first came out I know you never left blood orbs when running No Mither.

    As I never really use the perk my testing/knowledge is very outdated.

    Nope. They specifically didn't make it like that. It was one of the first things I checked on the PTB