Why isn't For the People healing?

For emblems and bloodpoints using For the People doesn't count as healing. I wonder if it even counts as healing for Second Wind?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Comments

  • I assume because nobody was healed, you're swapping a health state from one to the other.

  • @Seanzu said:

    I assume because nobody was healed, you're swapping a health state from one to the other.

    "Press the Active Ability button while healing another Survivor without a med-kit to instantly heal"

    That's a quote from the perk's description

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267581#Comment_1267581

    "Press the Active Ability button while healing another Survivor without a med-kit to instantly heal"

    That's a quote from the perk's description

    And it really should avoid using the word "heal" unless the way it works is changed, as it doesn't seem like it's treated as a regular heal.

    Points given for healing are given per charge as you fill the bar. Second wind requires a full bar worth of charges, if you heal someone with another survivor for example the best you can get is second wind halfway to activation.

    I'd assume FTP skips the bar entirely. It doesn't instantly fill the bar when you use it "behind the scenes", it just immediately gives them 1 health state and takes away 1 health state from you. It's sorta like you don't get points for healing yourself when Adrenaline or Inner Strength activates.

    EDIT: I'm wrong about second wind to some extent and entirely wrong about inner strength here, see below!

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267583#Comment_1267583

    And it really should avoid using the word "heal" unless the way it works is changed, as it doesn't seem like it's treated as a regular heal.

    Points given for healing are given per charge as you fill the bar. Second wind requires a full bar worth of charges, if you heal someone with another survivor for example the best you can get is second wind halfway to activation.

    I'd assume FTP skips the bar entirely. It doesn't instantly fill the bar when you use it "behind the scenes", it just immediately gives them 1 health state and takes away 1 health state from you. It's sorta like you don't get points for healing yourself when Adrenaline or Inner Strength activates.

    Second Wind fully activates even if you’re double healing. I’ve used the perk a lot. The trick is that you have to start the heal not the other teammate.

    And Inner Strength gives Survival Bloodpoints just not healing emblem points.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267691#Comment_1267691

    Second Wind fully activates even if you’re double healing. I’ve used the perk a lot. The trick is that you have to start the heal not the other teammate.

    And Inner Strength gives Survival Bloodpoints just not healing emblem points.

    Oh really? Huh, I'll have to remember that hint about second wind in that case, and my bad on the inner strength as I should really have known that - I use that perk a fair bit. Thanks for the correction. 👍️

    Honestly only makes it stranger that FTP is an anomaly then. I certainly believe they should give FTP the same treatment, as it's clearly possible to award points directly instead of per charge if needed then.