I am New and have faced abuse in all but 1 game

As the title states. I play only as a killer and have played around 5 hrs. All I get is abuse about the way that i play, people telling the other players to report me! I am still figuring out the mechanics and haven't even tried all the killers I have purchased. I have never come across such horrible players in such a short space of time. I have just bought the game, all the chapters and nightmare dlc, spent a lot of money and want to have fun. I played against a twitch streamer who I won't name who said i should watch my dumbass on their stream and to play properly. Please be considerate to other players, especially new ones!

Stop telling people to play the game a certain way that you prefer to play against, I am not hacking and have bought the game and will play how I want, I am not being disruptive in a toxic manner so get over it.


Stay safe everyone ☺️

Comments

  • Welcome to DbD. "Glad" to see it hasn't changed since I stopped playing it last year. When you play survivor and wonder why queues take so long, well, this is your answer.

  • unluckily most low rank players arent new players but veterans who are actually too bad to get past green ranks and are toxic

  • I played by the survivor rulebook today, I hooked everyone twice and they all escaped.

    One of the best games they had played in said a survivor, only problem was I was exhausted afterwards and had little to show for it.

    Play how you want to play but everyone starts the game expecting to survive or not and be upset if they don't

  • This post reeks of Bull................etc

  • Maybe you should disable the after game chat or ignore it? It seems that your main problem is the comments there or what do you mean with ‚abuse‘?

    Also don’t pay attention to the report things: if you are playing within the rules of the game nothing will happen, they need to report with video proof otherwise it will be ignored!

  • Yep, this is why I like PS4 because first, there is no post game chat and second, the only way survivors can messege me is if they dm me which I can turn to friends only so they cant. I notice almost all killers I go against have the same privacy settings as me. Recently though I turned it on so if a survivor msgs me something incredibly toxic using swearing or other abusive language I can report them and they either get a warning or a suspension from there account so I win :). I got plenty of people reported for these things and 1 person banned completely because apparently they do it a lot

  • Thank you for your responses. The chat I have used in other games to meet new people and learn, have fun etc with the game. I guess I just like being polite and friendly. I will ignore the chat I guess. What ever happened to a simple GG lol,

  • So then show us the vod of said streamer. Otherwise nobody can prove that what you say is true.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So then show us the vod of said streamer. Otherwise nobody can prove that what you say is true.

    I have checked recent players on steam and it doesn't show any for DBD? I could have retrieved their name from there as they had twitch in their name. I also did not check their channel as I was playing the game and had zero interest tbh.