Suggestions for making Pig more stealth-oriented

Hi everyone! Fellow both-roles gamer here.

I've been thinking about the Pig lately and how I'm rather disappointed in her current state. She has the elements of being a stealth killer, but they are sadly rather useless in most situations. Her crouch + dash is hardly used at all in my experience, as I've played against many Pig mains/rank 1s and Prestige 3 Pigs and they barely use her dash whatsoever, and her crouching stealth mechanic is rather ineffective against good survivors. Rather, they usually camp Jigsaw boxes, tunnel people with Special Hats on their heads, and will even camp hooked survivors. Sadly, I feel like her current kit is focused on this type of gameplay, and it's not very fun to face whatsoever. The bulk of her power lies in her Reverse Bear Traps, which are basically just a cheesy RNG mechanic.

I will confess here that I hardly play the Pig, as I find her to be extremely boring and uninteractive to play in her current state. I'm aware that there are people who enjoy playing her as she is now, and I'm glad! However, I have compiled a list of changes that would not remove the viability of her RBTs, but would instead encourage more stealth-focused gameplay and make her a lot more scary and interactive to face, and more than just an M1 killer. Here's what I came up with:

  • Change her crouched movement speed to be slightly less than or equal to a Survivor's running speed. I'm thinking around 3.85-3.90. This would allow her to travel around the map more stealthily if she wished, but not have an insane map presence in her stealth mode. I feel that it would encourage more tactical use of her stealth without being overbearing.
  • Make it so she is not able to see when a trap is activated, and traps no longer beep even when armed (however, the blinking red light will still remain). Also make it so she can no longer see when a trap is armed.
  • With the above change, make it so that armed trap timers stall when the Pig is within a certain range, e.g. 10-12 meters. The Pig would not be able to see when she is stalling a trap timer. This would give Survivors wearing RBTs a bit of heads-up to a Pig's approach. All other Survivors can see if the Pig is stalling another Survivors trap timer (I don't feel like this is too much information, since it would only be a feature when Survivors have traps on their heads, but it's optional).
  • Change her roar as she's charging her dash to instead play when she starts the actual dash. This would make her a lot more scary and give survivors less of a chance to evade her attack!

I thought of all of these changes with regard to the people who enjoy playing her currently, and also thinking about what I myself would rather have as normal Pig gameplay. I feel that these changes would not alter her in a negative way or make her "too different" to play, but instead give a much-needed boost to what I believe is the main part of her kit, her crouch + dash, while keeping her RBTs as what they were meant to be--a stalling mechanic, rather than the main focus of her kit.

Comments

  • I made a post about buffs for her like a couple of weeks ago but it just got like 3 responses and died. So I'm really glad someone else brought it up again.

    Change#4 should definitely be implemented I think anyone can agree.

    Change#1 I also agree, a lot of pro pig mains I see constantly switch between crouch and walk to give themselves a bit more generator pressure, she's one of the easiest killers to gen rush with the speed regression of her ability.

  • I personally think that shes a bit all over the place, and thats me saying that as someone to whom the pig is their main and favoreite killer, though I'm clearly not an expert at her.

    Personally I dont think the bear traps actually work that well for either game play or her theme. If the survivors know what they are doing then you shouldnt be chasing them down at trap boxes at all because if you do your wasting time while others are doing gens. By that I mean if survivors are focusing gens and one goes off to box, if you chase after them you might get them and get one kill, but at the expensive of 2 or maybe 3 gens (which is a big ass trade off for a single kill).

    I have had the most fun using her with the 'amanda's blackmail letter' addon, which lets you see survivors when they are within a very close proximity to you, I would love to have the bear traps reworked into some kind of variation on that, where if you kill someone you put a device that lets you mointor them and see their auras when you are within a very close radius.