Camping has really become an epidemic.
Legit all my matches were killer just camping for safety 2ks or disconnecting if they cant get a hook before 4 gens like why. Also all survivors just doing gens, they aren't even trying for altruism anymore just gens then gates. It really makes the game uninteresting and unfun to play.
Comments
Killers camp because they struggle to slow down the gen rush.
~Git Good~
As a Pig main, I camp and will continue to camp. We Pigs must band together and make sure to guard everything, it is a Pig's duty!
Killers: Gen rush if you have a problem with camping.. It's the survivor's fault for letting this happen.
Also Killers: I camp because survivors gen rush. It's the survivor's fault for making me do this.
Problem is there are a lot of new killers on PS4. And survivors gen rush on all ranks to get the event gens done as quickly as possible.
The new killers are not experienced enough to deal with this and grasp to that one kill.
They think that they lost 3 gens while downing 1 survivor and if they leave the hook, they would lose everything they achieved.
@Akbays that depends on your definition of camping. Also when the gates are open and there is no generator to guard, most killer will camp the survivor they have on the hook, because why not. When gates are open, chasing people (without NOED) just means pushing people out of the game. Anyways, if this is the end of the game, the player on the hook had plenty of time to play ... and at the end of the day, some survivors won't survive
Or he camps someone else and the other survivors turn their brains off and hook rush and the above scenario plays out minus me who's stuck trying to get atleast the first 2 gens done for hatch.
I feel like the first 2 gens popping is nothing really because it's just survivors trying to assure a chance at the hatch. Even if 3 pop I wouldn't sweat, that's when survivors are gonna try to cleanse and open chests....heal or unhook if needed. ( or at least how survivors should kinda be I guess lol)
Feel free to advocate for survivor nerfs so that killers don't have a reason to camp.
Also, Borrowed Time is your friend.
TL;DR git gud and rank up. Don't get caught.
Finally, what's your definition of camping? Many players got it wrong: if the killer won't leave because he suspects other survs nearby, that isn't camping, just punishing overaltruism. Not saying YOU don't get it, but lots of survivors don't. I'm saying this because to my experience, camping is by no means an epidemic. It rarely happens, unless one's definition of it is "killer not immediately leaving the hook's 60 m area". Many of such complaints are rooted in survivors' anger over being hooked. Just don't get caught.
There´s a flaw in your logic.
Yes, you punish a camping killer with gen rush. But if a gen rush happens before the killer even gets the chance to hook someone, it´s the only thing he has left to do. Secure a kill or watch 4 survivors teabag at the exit gate. The salt will be the same.
I misunderstood this op. I thought he was reffering to survivors camping pallets, gens and exit gate doors.
I enjoy camping survivors who tbag me. It's one of lifes guilty pleasures.
Survivor DCs or kills himself after 15 seconds because there's literally no benefit to wasting 2 minutes of his life and there is no tangible penalty for DCing/quitting.
no all the gens got done cause they literally facecamp 2 people for safety pips, no chasing never leaving the hook, just hit, hook, face for the entirety of the match. My issue isn't entirely with killers facecamping but also with survivors gencamping. Like this behavior is so ingrained to never even check if a team mate is savable. I have an issue with this as a casual player who just wants to enjoy a few games then go do something else, but if those few games are consistently unfun, then there's no reason for me to play except when new content comes out.
This will increase gen rushing tho. Which will increase camping. Because killers will try to get at least 1 kill.
Facts!
Don't get caught and it won't be an issue for you. But really, by choosing to camp the killer is also choosing to let 3 survivors pop a gen each before that hooked player dies so it isn't really a bad thing. Sure your game might get ruined but chances are theirs will too. If it doesn't get ruined, then well done. What I am trying to say is: The strat has positives and negatives but so do most. However it is still a valid strategy and if that is how they want to play the game, they can.
it's hard not to get caught eventually, between exhaustion, pallet loss, and bloodlust, good prediction on mind games, eventually the killer will get to you (longest chase I've had was 6 minutes against a freddy). I really don't want anyone's game being ruined per se, I will legit let a wraith and trapper get a free hook on me, but I regret it if they facecamp when I didn't do anything toxic to deserve it (butt dancing, flashlights, ds, hell I don't even carry self care to make the game more fair). I do empathize with the killer but I think if the pip basis was more on hooking, hunting, and hitting, and less on sacrificing then they can make gens or nerf something else survivor side to make the game take longer or be more fair.
Now I'm just running into nurses with NOED like every game now, which is a tilting experience on it's own.
My main issue comes from survivor and killer dynamic, survivors crouch all game and hide then do gens and killers are incredibly thirsty for that 2k and that seems to generate an unfun experience for both sides. I like the chase, I like trying to mess with killers and save my team mates, but if none of that happens where's the actual game at?