New DS Change

What if every time you hook a different survivor, the survivor(s) who still have DS active, loses half (or some amount of time) of the timer left on their DS.

For example: If survivor A gets hooked and then rescued, but about 20 seconds later, survivor B gets hooked, the 40 seconds that should be left on Survivor A’s decisive strike gets cut in half to 20 seconds. This effect could then be multiplied for every other survivor hooked.

Comments

  • Or, you know, you can go for different Survivors. Usually there are 4 of them.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Or, you know, you can go for different Survivors. Usually there are 4 of them.

    You must’ve not read the part where I said when you hook other survivors.

  • I'll be nice about this.

    It isn't fun being slugged on the floor as someone else is getting hooked, but it's a valid strategy, it's the risk I take for using DS and I'm fine with it.

    BUT, staying slugged and having the timer deplete all the way because the killer hooked someone else and is not coming for me 20 seconds later isn't good either. You're now punishing me for taking a risk for using DS AND leaving me with nothing.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263113#Comment_1263113

    You must’ve not read the part where I said when you hook other survivors.

    Yeah, I have you in mind as that guy who complained about DS while slugging a whole team with 5 Gens left and too stubborn to pick one of the other two guys up instead of that one that might have had DS. Hard to turn that off.

    But that aside, my statement stands - there are other Survivors. Go for them. And you will never have to complain about DS again.

    If I am able to do that, a more competent Killer (and I have no doubt that you are one) will be able to do so as well.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I'll be nice about this.

    It isn't fun being slugged on the floor as someone else is getting hooked, but it's a valid strategy, it's the risk I take for using DS and I'm fine with it.

    BUT, staying slugged and having the timer deplete all the way because the killer hooked someone else and is not coming for me 20 seconds later isn't good either. You're now punishing me for taking a risk for using DS AND leaving me with nothing.

    This effect is paused or minimized while slugged then :)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263117#Comment_1263117

    Yeah, I have you in mind as that guy who complained about DS while slugging a whole team with 5 Gens left and too stubborn to pick one of the other two guys up instead of that one that might have had DS. Hard to turn that off.

    But that aside, my statement stands - there are other Survivors. Go for them. And you will never have to complain about DS again.

    If I am able to do that, a more competent Killer (and I have no doubt that you are one) will be able to do so as well.

    I did that and got punished for being to optimal, since you remember so well 😊

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263120#Comment_1263120

    This effect is paused or minimized while slugged then :)

    I'm not asking for a buff or a change, DS is fine the way it is.

    But honestly, if the killer has a survivor slugged and another on hook, he's doing just fine and I doubt a 5 second stun would harm his progress.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263124#Comment_1263124

    I did that and got punished for being to optimal, since you remember so well 😊

    Nope, you did get punished because you picked someone up who had the potential to have DS instead of the two guys you had on the floor for a longer time.

    But hey, you did not understand your mistake in your other Thread, so no reason to repeat it again. Stubborn people tend to stay stubborn.

    Like I said, there are usually other Survivors. And if you are really worried that that one guy can do too much, you can slug.

  • So survivor A gets unhooked and 2 seconds later survivor B gets hooked. Survivor A loses 29 seconds. So you make him even easier to tunnel. Great idea.

  • This would be a fine nerf along with slug immunity if DS deserved one.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So survivor A gets unhooked and 2 seconds later survivor B gets hooked. Survivor A loses 29 seconds. So you make him even easier to tunnel. Great idea.

    "Darn they already figured out I just want tunneling to be easier"

    ^Every person who makes these threads when they see the comments

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263149#Comment_1263149

    "Darn they already figured out I just want tunneling to be easier"

    ^Every person who makes these threads when they see the comments

    Eh it would be true if most killers tunneled, which in my experience they don’t.

  • @YuiKim said:

    Damn another post complaining about DS?

    Make it only reduce 15s and im fine with it.

    And make deactivate if you enter a locker

    The reason is because it is easily an immunity perk for quite a long duration. I will say that 15 seconds is a start though.

    Also, I don’t agree with the locker technique disabling DS because if a killer chases a survivor off the hook and the survivor jumps into the locker, then the killer will be able to immediately grab the survivor out of the locker with no penalty.

  • How about we just don't change a perk that's perfectly fine as-is. 👍️

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263129#Comment_1263129

    Nope, you did get punished because you picked someone up who had the potential to have DS instead of the two guys you had on the floor for a longer time.

    But hey, you did not understand your mistake in your other Thread, so no reason to repeat it again. Stubborn people tend to stay stubborn.

    Like I said, there are usually other Survivors. And if you are really worried that that one guy can do too much, you can slug.

    Pretty sure I went full circle on every survivor that game. Anyways, wouldn’t expect you to think DS needs any tweaks anyways, it is the most powerful survivor perk which you so proudly defend.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263138#Comment_1263138

    Pretty sure I went full circle on every survivor that game. Anyways, wouldn’t expect you to think DS needs any tweaks anyways, it is the most powerful survivor perk which you so proudly defend.

    Because sadly, DS is needed for the game. I would love to not use a Perk which might not be used anyway, but just play a Survivor game without any Obsession - the chance of getting tunneled is really high at this point. Because eliminating a Survivor as early as possible is the best strategy to win, and you will know that as well.

    DS has counterplay, but Killers dont want to use this counterplay (aka slugging the Survivor). Which is also Map Pressure.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Or, you know, you can go for different Survivors. Usually there are 4 of them.

    Than justify why I get hit with DS when Jane ran from the other side of the of map to get the unhooks just to punish me for capitalizing on Feng and Yui's mistakes!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhke0kH3gD0


  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263113#Comment_1263113

    Than justify why I get hit with DS when Jane ran from the other side of the of map to get the unhooks just to punish me for capitalizing on Feng and Yui's mistakes!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhke0kH3gD0

    Sure you did not tunnel. But I would say that the majority of DS-Uses are justified. At least this happens when I am able to use DS, the Killer tunneled me, because I dont do stuff like that. I might be injured on a Gen with DS active, but this would be the same case without DS, since I dont run Self Care and not every Survivor wants to heal the guy who just got unhooked.

    So yeah, I only use DS in a non-offensive way, and I guess I am not the minority.

    However, seeing at this Clip you got 3 BBQ-Stacks (meaning 3 Hooks) and no Gen was done at this point. AND Jane was free to tunnel after using her DS. It does not look like that DS was a reason to lose a game.

  • I'm mostly fine with it ngl.