Mori idea! whats your thoughts?

so.. first we remove the offerings to mori survivors, and give all killers a new gameplay mechanic called "Rage" or i dont know "Entitys Rage" or call it what ever you want.

Every killer will get a "Rage bar" like in the Putrid Serum event. Now this bar fills everytime you get stunned or a totem get cleansed or anything what happens in the match. and when the bar is on 100% you will be able to mori a survivor.

how fast the bar fills depends on how the game goes. more interactions in the game more likely the bar fills. that way the killer need to do something and interact. the rage gets filled with every interaction. Hooking, hitting, chasing, survivors breaking totems etc. When the bar is full you activate your rage and the Killer makes a loud noice like Oni does when goes in his rage mode that way survivors know they're ready to get moried. This rage will be active till a killer mori's someone. keep in mind this is just an idea and just examples im randomly writing here without really thinking. im sure the community will have a lot ideas about these mechanic.

i think this would be more fun than wasting a offering when you want to mori. also that would avoid survivors getting morid right after they get hooked.

and i also think that would be just a cool mechanic. what do you think?

Comments

  • Cool idea. I could see it being implemented fairly.

  • I like the idea. It would make survivors really question on using pallets as much, especially the ones who wait specifically at one just to drop it for the hell of it. I'd still prefer the usual 'Hooked once' to be active to keep things fair, depending on how fast the rage was gained, but overall, it's a good and fair idea.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I like the idea. It would make survivors really question on using pallets as much, especially the ones who wait specifically at one just to drop it for the hell of it. I'd still prefer the usual 'Hooked once' to be active to keep things fair, depending on how fast the rage was gained, but overall, it's a good and fair idea.

    Well one hook moris are just plain unfair(just like keys) they could just camp and tunnel them to hell and back. However if hook all four at least once were a requirment then it would be fine. Dcs would just give the hook to the killer so it evens out.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Cool idea. I could see it being implemented fairly.

    yeah i wish they can implement something like that. i also wish some different mori animations and not just the default one.

  • This is the first mori idea outside my own I've seen in a very long time that was not the typical lazy "Make it work on death hook" and that's it crap..this is actually kinda neat and repurposed moris which is exactly how I think this should be handled

  • This could actually work really well, could also help with camping and tunnelling (and I mean tunnelling literally within around 5 seconds of unhook, not ds style) if the bar was punished for it.

    Also fill the bar slightly if survivors proper teabag would be fun lol

  • Base kit mori...

    What could go wrong

  • @emptyCups said:

    Base kit mori...

    What could go wrong

    Thats why it was an idea not a suggestion. everything should be balanced but do you think its better to get morid after the first 2 minutes of the game by a killer who is just proxy camping to mori that survivor? and also why would a killer need a stupid offering to kill a survivor? its a "killer"

    and this idea came from a Survivor main and i have no problems with that. but lets talk more detailed about this idea.

    Interactions of a killer to fill the "Rage"

    Hooking : fills it by 5% (you can hook 12x means you would get 60%)

    Hitting : every hit 2% (you can hit 24x except there is a inta heal 48%)

    broken totems : every totem give 2,5%, 5 = 12,5%)

    getting stunned : 3% lets say there are 12 pallets in the map and the killer gets stunned 5x = 15%

    finished gens : 5% every gen gets completed = 25%

    ok lets say these are the main source of getting your rage bar filled.

    so the killer would get a maximum of 160% of his rage = 1,5 moris. + other small interactions with other things i dont know yet.

    also he will probably get his first mori (depending how the game goes) in mid game any maybe he will mori someone who i already on dead hook?

    these are ideas and balancing them out is always on the devlopment team.

  • I don't agree with this idea considering there are to many toxic survivors who pallet camp , or gen rush , or body block , and the fact that mori's can be used when you want and the long list you gave for this "rage" meter to fill up would take a really long time so with those percentages I would disagree . I would probably agree if you simplified it for example each of the things you mentioned would fill up the rage meter by 25% and 100 % = 1 mori . then I would consider it , possibly as a new perk it sounds pretty interesting

  • @batmanscar said:

    I don't agree with this idea considering there are to many toxic survivors who pallet camp , or gen rush , or body block , and the fact that mori's can be used when you want and the long list you gave for this "rage" meter to fill up would take a really long time so with those percentages I would disagree . I would probably agree if you simplified it for example each of the things you mentioned would fill up the rage meter by 25% and 100 % = 1 mori . then I would consider it , possibly as a new perk it sounds pretty interesting

    1.the precentages were just an example

    2.when you reall expect to mor everyone withing the first 5minutes, then yes this isnt something for you.

  • @caz_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252175#Comment_1252175

    Thats why it was an idea not a suggestion. everything should be balanced but do you think its better to get morid after the first 2 minutes of the game by a killer who is just proxy camping to mori that survivor? and also why would a killer need a stupid offering to kill a survivor? its a "killer"

    and this idea came from a Survivor main and i have no problems with that. but lets talk more detailed about this idea.

    Interactions of a killer to fill the "Rage"

    Hooking : fills it by 5% (you can hook 12x means you would get 60%)

    Hitting : every hit 2% (you can hit 24x except there is a inta heal 48%)

    broken totems : every totem give 2,5%, 5 = 12,5%)

    getting stunned : 3% lets say there are 12 pallets in the map and the killer gets stunned 5x = 15%

    finished gens : 5% every gen gets completed = 25%

    ok lets say these are the main source of getting your rage bar filled.

    so the killer would get a maximum of 160% of his rage = 1,5 moris. + other small interactions with other things i dont know yet.

    also he will probably get his first mori (depending how the game goes) in mid game any maybe he will mori someone who i already on dead hook?

    these are ideas and balancing them out is always on the devlopment team.

    I'll give you a proper response then


    Broken down to its base points a mori is used to skip hooks eliminating players quickly to help relive pressure

    The main complaint by survivors is they feel entitled to extra chances despite numerous perks that grant just that. They want "3 hook lives"

    If moris are removed and another system like suggestion is put into place

    it greatly weakens killer offering pool

    Additional activation requirements removes its utility and lesses its pressure reliving purpose

    Survivors still won't be happy because it makes it more frequent when they just want it completely removed.


    On your numbers I'm not sure how I would fix it... if it can't be used on the whole team Idk removes alot of danger... breaks trophies ect.

    And if its under those conditions I would stay it gives me a random free mori every game.


    As a killer main who rarely if ever uses moris it would lead me to mori more often. I should be using them more now anyway lol

    As a survivor I rarely if ever get moried maybe 10-15 times my entire life I wouldn't want to see them more often... but I almost always escape with one or less hooks so I don't feel like it'll affect my personal experience


    But I can imagine free 1 a game mori would drive everyone nuts hence my comment lol

  • what do you mean it isn't something for me ? thats what moris do ? so you want to stop the killer from instantly using moris on survivors and replace them with a perk/add-on called rage that does not allow the killer to instantly use moris but still mori survivors ? so what is the point of this perk/add-on ? ok maybe you are right maybe 25 % is excessive and it should be 20 % each but still what you are trying to do is remove the killer from using the ability to mori someone yet allow him to mori people but at a slower pace , so as a killer you would not have to use the mori add on if you chose this perk/add-on , but at the same time you can not make it so weak that the killer would choose it over a mori .