Spine Chill's Speed Bonus

Spine Chill is a cool perk, but the 6% speed bonus isn't really significant - I mean most times when the killer is looking at you and you're healing or doing a gen you only have a few seconds. My suggestion is simply a numerical buff, make it 15%. Also it would actually then pair up with resilience much better for that "vault speed build" (resilience and spine chill) that's currently popular. Currently resil/spine chill only shaves off 0.13 seconds from vaulting, whereas if spine chill was buffed to 15% it would shave off 0.2 seconds - still not overpowered while still having an impact in those very "close" situations.

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • Curious to what @Peanits thinks, since I caught him running the vault speed build on stream. Same with @Almo who I see runs spine chill. :D

  • @PrinceAshitaka said:

    Curious to what @Peanits thinks, since I caught him running the vault speed build on stream. Same with @Almo who I see runs spine chill. :D

    When did I run Spine Chill? I almost never use it. :)

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1248222#Comment_1248222

    When did I run Spine Chill? I almost never use it. :)

    Okay I reread the post from here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1205314#Comment_1205314 and you're right you don't run Spine Chill. I don't know why I misremembered that, sorry for the wrong tag haha. But hey you should give it a try anyways, it's a pretty cool perk.

  • @PrinceAshitaka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1248225#Comment_1248225

    Okay I reread the post from here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1205314#Comment_1205314 and you're right you don't run Spine Chill. I don't know why I misremembered that, sorry for the wrong tag haha. But hey you should give it a try anyways, it's a pretty cool perk.

    Yup, I should try it more!

  • The main point of the perk is in the name. Spine chill. When you get a chill down your spine, you know you're in a bad situation.

    Basically, the speed boost isn't the main point of the perk. It's getting the early head start.

  • @Cheers said:

    The main point of the perk is in the name. Spine chill. When you get a chill down your spine, you know you're in a bad situation.

    Basically, the speed boost isn't the main point of the perk. It's getting the early head start.

    I'm well aware that the information-value is the main reason people run Spine Chill. But because of the recent rise in popularity of the Vault-Speed Build AND simply to make it more attractive to players to use instead of the old classic meta perks that we all know. I think giving it that buff would do good in increasing the variety of perks in rotation. :D

  • The speed bonus from spine chill is only significant for vaulting. Combine it with resiliance and you have a 15% extra vault speed while injured which is insane. On top of that it does what it meant to do. Allerts you when the killer is approaching. This combo would be too powerfull with higher values imo. Also that 15% extra speed for opening the exit gate saved my ass countless times already during EGC.

  • @Kakateve said:

    The speed bonus from spine chill is only significant for vaulting. Combine it with resiliance and you have a 15% extra vault speed while injured which is insane. On top of that it does what it meant to do. Allerts you when the killer is approaching. This combo would be too powerfull with higher values imo. Also that 15% extra speed for opening the exit gate saved my ass countless times already during EGC.

    If you look above, the current extra vault speed is only 0.13 seconds faster. Plus that's good, I want it to be more popular in rotation than the currently more used meta perks that provide way more value.

  • @PrinceAshitaka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1248232#Comment_1248232

    I'm well aware that the information-value is the main reason people run Spine Chill. But because of the recent rise in popularity of the Vault-Speed Build AND simply to make it more attractive to players to use instead of the old classic meta perks that we all know. I think giving it that buff would do good in increasing the variety of perks in rotation. :D

    This would make it very strong, and considering it already has a high use rate I'd be against this. I even run this perk myself.

  • @Kakateve said:

    The speed bonus from spine chill is only significant for vaulting. Combine it with resiliance and you have a 15% extra vault speed while injured which is insane. On top of that it does what it meant to do. Allerts you when the killer is approaching. This combo would be too powerfull with higher values imo. Also that 15% extra speed for opening the exit gate saved my ass countless times already during EGC.

    Let's do the maths on the exit gate speed - exit gate takes 20 seconds to open, with the current Spine Chill/Resillience combo that would bring it down to 17 seconds. With Spine Chill at 15% it would bring it down to 15 seconds - which is yes strong but still not busted, and of course this is not realistic since the killer has to be looking at you for the whole time, meaning the buff is even less significant since if you're not already nearly done, the killer will walk up to you and kill you before you open the door.

  • @PrinceAshitaka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1248244#Comment_1248244

    If you look above, the current extra vault speed is only 0.13 seconds faster. Plus that's good, I want it to be more popular in rotation than the currently more used meta perks that provide way more value.

    Thing is if you make spine chill as strong as the combo by itself it would allow people to run 3 other broken meta perks on top of it while having the 15% boost all the time. And it would basically make stealth killers completelly useless since everyone would run it as a meta perk. Spine chill is good as it is now. Giving up an other perks lot for decent action speed too is necessary.

  • @PrinceAshitaka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1248244#Comment_1248244

    Let's do the maths on the exit gate speed - exit gate takes 20 seconds to open, with the current Spine Chill/Resillience combo that would bring it down to 17 seconds. With Spine Chill at 15% it would bring it down to 15 seconds - which is yes strong but still not busted, and of course this is not realistic since the killer has to be looking at you for the whole time, meaning the buff is even less significant since if you're not already nearly done, the killer will walk up to you and kill you before you open the door.

    But... the killer looks at you basically all the time during chases.

  • I think it's better that Spine Chill stay more information focused. A resilient person would be more determined to vault and complete generators, but a person with a chill up their spine would only have 66% of that effect. This makes sense logically and keeps it in a good spot balance wise as well. Do you agree?