You’ve done something to cause lag, to the point where people are being accused of lag-switching.

I’ve been noticing random, inexplicable bouts of sudden lag, reminiscent of lag-switching, for no apparent reason whatsoever.
I have had five different Killers, with four on console and one on PC, who I’ve seen having this happen.
Lag-switching is not as much a thing on console as it is on PC, which is why I am led to believe that you, with your update that extended the barbecue event, have done something to affect Peer to Peer connectivity and lag in your game.
I get hit across the map by a Killer who, I now realise, did not lag-switch. Because if he lag-switched, I would have been teleported back to where he was, not seeing him appear next to me instead.

Whatever you have done, BHVR, to affect your Peer-to-Peer connectivity, you need to fix it.
I literally got video recording of someone who I believed was lag-switching and sent it to a game-moderator on Discord. I don’t want to be responsible for a permanent ban that might have been made in mistake, and I’m sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

Comments

  • Is it lag or frame drops ur seeing. Because I and several other people have noticed since the last update the frame rate drop has been extremely noticeable.
  • I experienced this on PC as well. I thought it was the Survivor who was lagswitching, but then I realized they had no idea what was going on.

  • Is it lag or frame drops ur seeing. Because I and several other people have noticed since the last update the frame rate drop has been extremely noticeable.
    Lag, yes.
    The frame drops are a given since I run a Toshiba laptop lmao.
    But the lag is universal - all Survivors and the Killer experience these weird spikes.
  • @Judgement said:
    I’ve been noticing random, inexplicable bouts of sudden lag, reminiscent of lag-switching, for no apparent reason whatsoever.
    I have had five different Killers, with four on console and one on PC, who I’ve seen having this happen.
    Lag-switching is not as much a thing on console as it is on PC, which is why I am led to believe that you, with your update that extended the barbecue event, have done something to affect Peer to Peer connectivity and lag in your game.
    I get hit across the map by a Killer who, I now realise, did not lag-switch. Because if he lag-switched, I would have been teleported back to where he was, not seeing him appear next to me instead.

    Whatever you have done, BHVR, to affect your Peer-to-Peer connectivity, you need to fix it.
    I literally got video recording of someone who I believed was lag-switching and sent it to a game-moderator on Discord. I don’t want to be responsible for a permanent ban that might have been made in mistake, and I’m sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

    You are describing laggspikes, not laggswitches, pls use the correct terms.
    This has nothing to do with the underlying netcode though.

    Usually its the killers being annoyed AF and runing a stream in the background. (as killer you dont care if you have a slightly higher ping)

    Doesnt matter whether you report or not, I have received countless reports like that too :wink:

  • @Judgement said:

    @Might_Oakk said:

    @finitethrills said:
    Might_Oakk said:

    You're crazy if you don't think lagswitchs are incredibly common on console. I made my first 1 over a decade ago. It literally takes under 5 minutes. This is why when you see console only games ban lagswitchers they are banned by the 1000s.

    Heres a howto video anyone can do it, or you can just literally buy one from anywhere.

    I don't think you're supposed to share methods of hacking/exploiting on the forums.  May want to ditch the video. 

    Lol it's about as common knowledge as pressing dc...

    All you have todo is type "make lagswitch" or "buy lagswitch " into google. Covert stuff lul

    Might Oak, there are [BAD WORD] rules in the Forums themselves that strictly condemn the sharing or discussion of hacks, cheats, or exploits that could encourage other players to do such things.
    So as I and Finite told you, delete the lag-switch video, or you will be banned from the forums by forum staff without any form of warning whatsoever.
    If you don't do it soon, we may expedite the process by tagging staff in this thread on a whim.

    Lololoo

  • @Peanits user Might_Oakk refuses to delete a video of someone creating or procuring and utilising a lag-switch.

    Don't say I didn't warn you, Might_Oakk.

  • @Judgement said:
    @Peanits user Might_Oakk refuses to delete a video of someone creating or procuring and utilising a lag-switch.

    Don't say I didn't warn you, Might_Oakk.

    I bet you're fun at parties lol

  • Why do people willfully doing things they know are against the rules believe everyone else is the problem? I'd like to figure out what passes for the thought pattern of such people.

  • @Judgement said:
    @Peanits user Might_Oakk refuses to delete a video of someone creating or procuring and utilising a lag-switch.

    Don't say I didn't warn you, Might_Oakk.

    WhY aM i noT BAnNed?/?/?/