Fast Vaulting Prompt 10 feet from window?

Is this a bug? Doing some tests I noticed that I was receiving the "Running Vault" prompt well before I was even close to a window. If you press Space and let go of your keyboard, your character will continue to run on its own and vault the window.

image.png image.png


Comments

  • I can’t even comment, none of this shocks me anymore

  • The running vault zone is quite a bit larger than the normal vault zone. This is normal. You don't run any faster after pressing the button or anything, you'll just continue to run towards it at the same speed.

  • Wasn't this always a thing?

  • @Peanits said:

    The running vault zone is quite a bit larger than the normal vault zone. This is normal. You don't run any faster after pressing the button or anything, you'll just continue to run towards it at the same speed.

    any news on the anti aliasing thing ?or maybe a hotfix patch for bugs?

  • Pretty sure this has always been a thing.

  • @Razvan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242028#Comment_1242028

    any news on the anti aliasing thing ?or maybe a hotfix patch for bugs?

    Please don't derail the thread. The feedback has been taken to the team.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242040#Comment_1242040

    Please don't derail the thread. The feedback has been taken to the team.

    i undestand but tome is coming today and i can't play :(

  • @Peanits said:

    The running vault zone is quite a bit larger than the normal vault zone. This is normal. You don't run any faster after pressing the button or anything, you'll just continue to run towards it at the same speed.

    I guess the part I question is; since it prompted so much earlier am I actually closer to the window than I appear? and should we be hitting the vault button the second it procs to avoid latency hits?

  • @Milo said:

    Wasn't this always a thing?

    Was it? I never had it prompt that early before; usually it wouldnt appear until I was right up next to the window.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242032#Comment_1242032

    Was it? I never had it prompt that early before; usually it wouldnt appear until I was right up next to the window.

    Pretty sure on atleast SOME windows it could appear that early.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242028#Comment_1242028

    I guess the part I question is; since it prompted so much earlier am I actually closer to the window than I appear? and should we be hitting the vault button the second it procs to avoid latency hits?

    No, you're exactly where you appear to be. Pressing it early doesn't give you any benefit over pressing it later, the vault doesn't start until you're actually at the window. Pressing it sooner just makes you run towards the window like you normally would.

  • @Yapzic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242028#Comment_1242028

    I'm pretty sure it is a BHVR style method to offset the impact the dedicated server offers.

    Now the survivors got a free distance bonus after vaulting. That's why more killers have found it is hard to hit the survivor though the window.

    I mention it not to treat it as a bad change, because we can adapt, even it is so odd.

    I just dont like the way you guys doing your job. Be very perfunctory.

    On many issues you just didn't even find out where the trouble is, then make a band aid to cover, to conceal it.

    Thats why every time there is an update, then there is for sure more outrageous bugs.

    Sorry for the offence, I'm not aim at you,Peanits. just some whining.

    This isn't true. Survivors do not get any free distance after vaulting a window. They will land at the same place they've always landed, they just don't get pulled back to the window and lose all of their momentum. That was a bug and it was previously not like that. Any hits you would have gotten due to the survivor getting pulled back to the window were due to a bug and should not have happened in the first place.

  • @Yapzic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242028#Comment_1242028

    I'm pretty sure it is a BHVR style method to offset the impact the dedicated server offers.

    Now the survivors got a free distance bonus after vaulting. That's why more killers have found it is hard to hit the survivor though the window.

    I mention it not to treat it as a bad change, because we can adapt, even it is so odd.

    I just dont like the way you guys doing your job. Be very perfunctory.

    On many issues you just didn't even find out where the trouble is, then make a band aid to cover, to conceal it.

    Thats why every time there is an update, then there is for sure more outrageous bugs.

    Sorry for the offence, I'm not aim at you,Peanits. just some whining.

    Killers have been having a hard time hitting over a vault? I don't know where you got that from, I've either had them using the vault build or hit them from 10 miles away (same on survivor side, hit from 10 miles away). Interesting take.

  • The only issue I have with this was that a survivor was hooked right beside a window, and it made me home to the vault 3 times as I was in a rush to pick them up. This is an issue as if a killer is close by, you lose that valuable time for that save :/

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    The only issue I have with this was that a survivor was hooked right beside a window, and it made me home to the vault 3 times as I was in a rush to pick them up. This is an issue as if a killer is close by, you lose that valuable time for that save :/

    The game prioritizes the thing you're looking at. If you're trying to pick up the survivor, I would suggest facing away from the window. You can't vault it unless you're looking at the window.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242253#Comment_1242253

    This isn't true. Survivors do not get any free distance after vaulting a window. They will land at the same place they've always landed, they just don't get pulled back to the window and lose all of their momentum. That was a bug and it was previously not like that. Any hits you would have gotten due to the survivor getting pulled back to the window were due to a bug and should not have happened in the first place.

    thank you for making that major change which will greatly improve my chases and how safe i feel when vaulting windows. Before I was just hoping it wasn't gonna pull me back lmao

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242253#Comment_1242253

    This isn't true. Survivors do not get any free distance after vaulting a window. They will land at the same place they've always landed, they just don't get pulled back to the window and lose all of their momentum. That was a bug and it was previously not like that. Any hits you would have gotten due to the survivor getting pulled back to the window were due to a bug and should not have happened in the first place.

    Thank you.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242311#Comment_1242311

    thank you for making that major change which will greatly improve my chases and how safe i feel when vaulting windows. Before I was just hoping it wasn't gonna pull me back lmao

    I haven't noticed a change at all in vaulting. I play ps4 and i wish I wouldn't get hit while I'm already running the other side of the window. Or when killer hits you after the pallet is already dropped. Or yesterday I dropped pallet and it sent me to the killers side and sent killer to my side. We completely switched. positions! But, of course, I got hit in the motion. Ill upload proof. Happened just last night

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242062#Comment_1242062

    No, you're exactly where you appear to be. Pressing it early doesn't give you any benefit over pressing it later, the vault doesn't start until you're actually at the window. Pressing it sooner just makes you run towards the window like you normally would.

    Pressing it later does give you an advantage, in that you don't get sucked into a nearby locker instead of vaulting the window, which is a common occurrence if the vault is right next to a locker.

  • @Razvan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242046#Comment_1242046

    i undestand but tome is coming today and i can't play :(

    You can expect AA option in a year or so , if they will even care enough to work on it xD

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242387#Comment_1242387

    The game prioritizes the thing you're looking at. If you're trying to pick up the survivor, I would suggest facing away from the window. You can't vault it unless you're looking at the window.

    Why does this not work for everything?

    Like, why do I get sucked into a locker when I want to vault a window? I had a match vs Dowsey where I got sucked into the locker from like 3 meters away.

    Also, when I have a Medkit, why does my character try to Self Care in front of the Hook instead of unhooking a teammate?

    Or, when I have a Toolbox, why instead of starting to heal does the game suck me to the Hook to sabotage it?

    I had it in all occasions that I was looking at the respective option and the game did the other option.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242387#Comment_1242387

    The game prioritizes the thing you're looking at. If you're trying to pick up the survivor, I would suggest facing away from the window. You can't vault it unless you're looking at the window.

    Strange thing was, I was running towards the window straight forward while I looked to my side where the hooked survivor was and although I went towards the survivor it still locked to the window. Maybe it's a one off. I'll see about approaching from a different angle to see.

  • this has been in the game for a while now