What's the consensus on Dead Hard among Killers?

As a survivor main, I feel like if I'm not running one of the exhaustion perks I'm putting myself at a pretty huge disadvantage. Lately I've been running Dead Hard a lot because I feel like it adds a kind of mind-game to chases that other perks don't, and it's easily the most fun for me to use.

Browsing the forums, I've seen a lot of negative input about perks that I wouldn't have expected to see, and I'm curious to know where Dead Hard falls on that list.

To be clear, I'm not asking "Is Dead Hard fair", I'm specifically asking: When you're playing killer, is Dead Hard fun to play against? If you don't think it's fair and it's not fun to play against, if it was nerfed in some way but the idea behind the perk remained the same (I-frames), would you have fun playing against it?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242504#Comment_1242504

    Undoing mistakes? Would Dead Hard not feel unfair if survivors never made mistakes?

    If survivors never made mistakes? If survivors never made mistakes I probably wouldn't even injure them since I main the Pig. Dead Hard is just a get out of jail free card for when you mess up and it's just stupid. You don't have enough distance to make the vault because you were greedy? Dead Hard. The killer did a really good moonwalk and caught you in a position where you'll go down? Dead Hard. Everyone makes mistakes, so I don't understand the point of your question.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242780#Comment_1242780

    If survivors never made mistakes? If survivors never made mistakes I probably wouldn't even injure them since I main the Pig. Dead Hard is just a get out of jail free card for when you mess up and it's just stupid. You don't have enough distance to make the vault because you were greedy? Dead Hard. The killer did a really good moonwalk and caught you in a position where you'll go down? Dead Hard. Everyone makes mistakes, so I don't understand the point of your question.

    What's wrong with covering up a mistake? It costs their exhaustion and if used like that they aren't put into an advantaged state. Sprint Burst can do the exact same thing AND put the survivor in an advantaged position.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242807#Comment_1242807

    What's wrong with covering up a mistake? It costs their exhaustion and if used like that they aren't put into an advantaged state. Sprint Burst can do the exact same thing AND put the survivor in an advantaged position.

    It's the equivalent of a third health state for the survivors, which makes the chase so much longer if the survivor player is good and robs the killer of the down they deserve. If you mess up in a chase, then you have to deal with the consequences. It's like NOED for survivors, you have a get out of jail free card that takes no skill and that you didn't earn at all.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242831#Comment_1242831

    It's the equivalent of a third health state for the survivors, which makes the chase so much longer if the survivor player is good and robs the killer of the down they deserve. If you mess up in a chase, then you have to deal with the consequences. It's like NOED for survivors, you have a get out of jail free card that takes no skill and that you didn't earn at all.

    It's not a free health state. If it was, it'd have a speed boost.

  • just extremely annoying. i hate when a survivor messes up immensely in a loop, but they dont get downed because they were able to dead hard for distance.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242865#Comment_1242865

    It's not a free health state. If it was, it'd have a speed boost.

    It's free distance. Once they get to the safe pallet/window then they'll have enough distance to keep chasing safely. Plus if the killer whiffs you get even more distance. Do you even play killer?

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242872#Comment_1242872

    It's free distance. Once they get to the safe pallet/window then they'll have enough distance to keep chasing safely. Plus if the killer whiffs you get even more distance. Do you even play killer?

    I play killer, and I play against survivors who use Dead Hard. They can't use it while vaulting or dropping a pallet, and if you get close enough you can lunge into their DH and hit them through it. Even if they manage to get it to proc, it's like 1 meter of distance which will rarely make a difference. I don't see it as a problem as killer because it has a lot of counters and isn't even that punishing if I straight up ignore it. Head On, on the other hand...

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242905#Comment_1242905

    I play killer, and I play against survivors who use Dead Hard. They can't use it while vaulting or dropping a pallet, and if you get close enough you can lunge into their DH and hit them through it. Even if they manage to get it to proc, it's like 1 meter of distance which will rarely make a difference. I don't see it as a problem as killer because it has a lot of counters and isn't even that punishing if I straight up ignore it. Head On, on the other hand...

    What rank are you? You don't seem to understand how much of a difference 1 meter of distance can make.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242917#Comment_1242917

    What rank are you? You don't seem to understand how much of a difference 1 meter of distance can make.

    I understand that 1 meter is 1/6th of the distance other exhaustion perks can buy you, and is 1/12th of the distance Head On can buy you. These perks also have less counters. If you hate DH, you have to hate them too.

  • I feel like it is one of the meta survivor perks that don't feel like complete bullshit from a killer's perspective. It's strong, has a very noticeable effect on matches, and can sometimes give the survivor the little extra distance they need to not get hit. It is very annoying to face as killer, but I don't think it's unhealthy for the game. Unlike DS or Unbreakable, it has counterplay that isn't just "completely ignore x survivor" or "just don't slug lol". If a survivor using SB, Lithe, BL, or Head On, they probably don't have access to Dead Hard. If they're in an open field, follow them closely for a bit before swinging. If they dead hard for distance to reach a pallet, you at least get a pallet out of the game.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242923#Comment_1242923

    I understand that 1 meter is 1/6th of the distance other exhaustion perks can buy you, and is 1/12th of the distance Head On can buy you. These perks also have less counters. If you hate DH, you have to hate them too.

    You can use Dead Hard whenever you want. For the other ones you have to have a drop, a window, a locker, or to walk everywhere, but Dead Hard can be used anytime and anywhere, especially at loops and don't forget it makes you invincible. You didn't answer my killer rank question by the way.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242933#Comment_1242933

    You can use Dead Hard whenever you want. For the other ones you have to have a drop, a window, a locker, or to walk everywhere, but Dead Hard can be used anytime and anywhere, especially at loops and don't forget it makes you invincible. You didn't answer my killer rank question by the way.

    How do those aspects make it OP? I don't think they can make up for only having 17% of the distance gained.

  • As a hardcore killer main, I think Dead Hard is fine, with one exception. I don't think you should be able to dead hard over the Trapper's traps. A single survivor perk shouldn't counter a killer's entire power. Other then that, I wouldn't change a thing about dead hard. It's strong, but can be countered by baiting it out. It serves its purpose when used well, and is pointless when used poorly, I'd call that balanced.

  • @Sandt21 said:

    As a hardcore killer main, I think Dead Hard is fine, with one exception. I don't think you should be able to dead hard over the Trapper's traps. A single survivor perk shouldn't counter a killer's entire power. Other then that, I wouldn't change a thing about dead hard. It's strong, but can be countered by baiting it out. It serves its purpose when used well, and is pointless when used poorly, I'd call that balanced.

    It doesn't counter Trapper entirely, you can still get caught off guard or while healthy, and you can only ignore a trap once per chase.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242961#Comment_1242961

    How do those aspects make it OP? I don't think they can make up for only having 17% of the distance gained.

    You still haven't answered my killer rank question. Play any M1 killer at red ranks and then you'll understand why dead hard is so op.

  • easy to bait if they aren't near a pallet but if not then forget it. So kind of balanced

  • *Press E/X for a free pallet or window*

    That's my opinion on Dead Hard.

1 2 ›