The last update was just a continuation of the continual decline of any skill related to killer.

I've been playing this game since 2016 and have seen balance on both sides. A year or two ago, I would get to red rank with both killer and survivor. The last 18 months have been nothing but continual survivor nerfs and the continual decline of any type of skill needed by killer to 4k during matches.

This recent patch where tons of dead zones are now on maps, and you really can't do anything as survivor, should not surprise anyone that has followed the updates or have come on these forums. For months anyone with an opinion that this game is not survivor sided has been bashed or banned from posting on here. I see 10x more posts and people getting attacked if they say anything about survivor no longer being fun or issues with the current balance. The mods have really turned this forum into a cesspool of people who have created an alternate reality of the balance of the game. The mods also seem to turn a blind eye to anyone attacking someone who argues for survivor balance. This has obviously created more of an echo chamber.

4-5 months ago escape ratios were released. Which showed overwhelmingly that this game was killer sided. To my disbelief, people still argued that even though all killers at red ranks have over a 50 percent kill ratio, some over 70 percent, that this game was still survivor sided.

Through your "balance" you have made this game just awful to play on survivor side. You have taken out the mind games. You've destroyed any type of critical thinking in the chase for killer. You've released a killer who completely destroys any resemblance of balance in a chase by giving that killer a long range gun. This game is overwhelmingly killer sided. To state otherwise is to deny reality.

I keep hearing about how killer got a few balance patches to nurse and ruin. Please. Look at the list that shows survivor nerfs compared to killer nerfs, you'll see that the list is 10x lengthier. Nobody should be surprised that this has become run in straight line simulator. We are living the meme. Expect even more nerfs to survivor in the future. They won't be done until every 10k hour lunchbox is able to 4k with ease.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1241478#Comment_1241478

    Even solo queue isn’t that bad IMO, I play solo exclusively and my escape rate is over 50% which feels fair and reasonable. The biggest problem with solo queue is that people make it to the red ranks when they shouldn’t, and sometimes wonky matchmaking. But if I get a team of semi-decent red rank teammates it’s not too difficult to escape.

    I 100% agree about moris though, they’re long overdue for a change. That and certain killer add ons. And even just adding a totem count for solo players, even if it was added to a perk, would make NOED more bearable.

    O let me tell you I said they should add it to small game and boy they acted like if it's not free it's not good enouph

  • My man just came on here floped his d*ck on this forum told the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH. And everyone is crying saying "Swf" blah blah this survivors op that. Listen "swf" is NOT A PUBLIC so anything you do flawless in that may or may not transfer into a public you don't account for human mistakes, miss understanding the situation, map changes.

    Yes playing as a survivor WAY HARDER and as a HIGHER learning curve now than ever, mainly cause killer is to hard to go against now. So don't be upset and a survivor taking you around the whole map, hopping windows, dropping palets cause that what we have to do as a survivor is the only thing to do and y'all are slowly taking THAT away from us just cause your ass.

    Ps. This man is right, this DBD community forums is bad, just people telling me killer is fine and to play as one if not I'm bad. No I'm a survivor main I SEE what's wrong with this game killers don't any more.

  • As a red rank survivor and killer, I think this update was necessary. When you play survive with friends, you know automatically what half the team or more is doing, so generator speed reduction is to accompany survive with friends. The map changes are for the better; if there is a section of the map that you feel safe in, it SHOULD be changed. There are many additions to survivor, however; Thompson House has a drop-off point, smaller maps means a better chance of being chased (which helps the evaded emblem). Also, unless specified, most maps don't have a reduction in pallets. This allows for areas that aren't safe, but allows for survivors to get away, the way it should be.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    Let's backtrack history. Nurse was nerfed heavily, Spirit was heavily nerfed, Freddy got his add-ons nerfed, and Ruin was majorly nerfed, and a couple of other things I'm forgetting. Killers got the ######### end of the stick for a solid 4 or 5 months straight, with the only compensation being the passive removed from Balanced Landing. Meanwhile toolboxes, SWFs, and Prove Thyself genrushing builds remained untouched. Meanwhile, Legion, Clown, and Demogorgon still SUCK and are extremely weak. Since then, things have slowly started to level back out and that suddenly means killer is easy and not as skill based? PLEASE HOMIE. PLEASE. Maybe you're just not as skilled at survivor as you thought?

    I played a lot of survivor last night and I did just fine. Because I never relied on god windows to begin with. I also identify dead zones PRIOR to being chased and know to avoid those areas while I'm looping a killer.

    The game is currently in the healthiest state it's ever been in, and people need to just learn to not rely on crutches like god loops and OP perks, just like killers were told to stop being "baby killers" crutching on Ruin.

    Anytime someone says the ruin rework was a "nerf" I know they have no idea what they're talking about.

  • @Ascended4Head said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1241478#Comment_1241478

    But survivors aren't broken. Stats released show that even with SWF, killer is still greatly favored. I solo about 50/50. I play with a lot of SWF when I solo. I'm at red ranked. I don't see these games where the killers are getting buried by SWF. I see a lot of stupid SWF teams that get buried.

    Precisely. Why on earth would you balance a game based on its lowest skilled players instead of its highest? The kill stats are absolutely meaningless. I see game after game of Survivors literally throwing away 3 escape after 3 escape and turning it into a 4k. Basement save parties vs leatherface, etc, etc. If Survivors weren't so bored that they had to go looking for the killer and attempt 0% saves just to see some action, the kill vs escape stats would look far different.

    Of course you want noobs to have a fun time, but you balance the game around people of decently high skill playing a match with the goal of "winning" it. Not potatoes playing like suicidal lemmings and people trying to maximize BP generation and punching eject at first hook.

  • Yep. With bloodlust, deadzones, and entity blocker, killer gameplay has become hold W long enough and you'll win every chase. Add a broken power like Spirit's or Freddy's and there's very little survivors can do. Everyone loves talking about Ironworks infinite but when are we going to discuss Hawkins and Saloon where the killer can literally lunge around every pallet and get a hit because of lag/lack of safety?

  • Survivor is at its worst state in a long time. Survivors are literally punished for doing well in a chase now with bloodlust and entity blocker. Why am I going to invest my skills in survivor gameplay when the game literally punishes me for doing well? Then we have killers like Spirit, Freddy, and Deathslinger who basically ignore survivor skill and force the other 3 people to rush gens and hope you can waste enough time in between going down and getting carried to hook. If you want to do marginally well now you need a 4 man squad unless the killer is a potato. Guess what not everyone wants to track down a Navy Seal team for a casual game. The stats showed that a majority of players were solo but let's nerf all survivors. Sure there are 5000 hour nurses and huntresses that you can't do anything against but let's nerf the 1% of teams that collectively have more than 2000 hours.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1245980#Comment_1245980

    Totem counter wouldn't buff SWF, chase indicator wouldn't buff SWF, aura of camping killer wouldn't buff SWF.. There are a lot of options if the devs would even try. But they don't try.

    True those could be good. Camping killer aura could be iffy depending on how long you need to be around the hook. If you're in a chase around the hook that could give a lot of info even if you aren't camping

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246213#Comment_1246213

    True those could be good. Camping killer aura could be iffy depending on how long you need to be around the hook. If you're in a chase around the hook that could give a lot of info even if you aren't camping

    What info would it give to swf which they already have? I can't think of one tbh

  • You are delusional boi, there is no actual skill in playing survivor right now (except chasing ofc), gens going brrrr in less than 7 minutes at the moment and you say that playing killer doesnt take skill? Do you get only baby survivors or do you camp and tunnel and use mori's to say that? Try to go to rank 1 killer and see for yourself kid

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247048#Comment_1247048

    What info would it give to swf which they already have? I can't think of one tbh

    If it gives a sort of kindred aura of the killer you can't mind game effectively. It's why people like I'm All Ears on killer. You can tell where the survivor is going and cut them off. It would really depend on how long and how close to the hook you need to be for it to activate. Kindred is already in the game though and I use it.

  • You’re playing killer wrong. Or should survivor stand in a corner to make it easier on you

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1241835#Comment_1241835

    I'm not trying to represent Killers, I just take issue with someone making a bunch of wild statements without trying to back them up. It's the reason these forums are full of people just getting mad at each other.

    Do you have a source for the 70% = 2.8 kills on average? I've never actually seem where the devs explained how they got the kill rate numbers (or why they expressed them through percentiles of all things).

    I won't argue about Deathslinger or Dead zones, but you're not OP. As I said in the quote I'm not asking for evidence; just an explanation of why they think the way they do. Not just 'Deathslinger OP!' but 'Deathslinger OP because...'

    This is as the same as my confusing question about his 'Killer's OP!' statement. You can't just say 'Killer' OP!' you need to explain WHY. I don't care if it's a bad explanation: I just want an explanation so that I and others can understand OP's position.

    With regards to nerf quality vs. nerf quantity, I don't think you understand what I was saying at all.

    I'm simply saying that the quality of nerfs is more important than the quantity of nerfs. I'm saying this because that is OP's argument: "Killer's are OP because Survivors have been nerfed more"

    You can't "say the same of Balanced Landing or MoM" because I'm not talking about anything remotely applicable to them.

    It's fine if she or he wants to talk about their experiences; but they need to ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCES. This is how we get threads that are just people saying "X is OP!" and "X is not OP!" I could care less whether X is OP or not, but I get frustrated when I see people refusing to go into detail about WHY they think what they think.

    To sum up: I'm not defending Killers or whatever. I'm just asking OP to provide an explanation for their view that Killer's are overpowered.

    4 times .7 equals 2.8

  • Damn these accusation towards the devs of some people on these forums are getting so ridiculous. As if the devs had some plot to completely destoy the playerbase of one of the game's side.

    People need to stop, just because a game gets changes you don't like doesn't mean the devs only care for one side of the game. And I highly, highly doubt the mods are specificly only going against people that are in favor of survivors. These forums have both killer mains and survivors mains that don't know how to behave. Granted, the forums do have more killer mains, probably because killer was more frustrating to play as for a long time and people that visit the forums tend to be people that have complaints with the game.

    I do agree that this game isn't survivor sided anymore, especially not after this update. However, if one only considers the intended changes of the last update, I think the update is great, making the more unbalanced maps more balanced. Deadzones are a huge problem though. I haven't played the new update myself yet though so I can't say how much deadzones are a problem to me personally.

    I just don't see how killer has become too easy though, when ignoring the deadzones of course. Killer is not easy if you go against a good team. The reason why survivors have received many more nerfs since launch was because survivors were so much better than killers in the early years of the game.

    In general though, I think the game is in a very good spot balance wise, at least once the problem with deadzones is fixed. I feel like Matchmaking is the biggest issue the game has at the moment.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247499#Comment_1247499

    If it gives a sort of kindred aura of the killer you can't mind game effectively. It's why people like I'm All Ears on killer. You can tell where the survivor is going and cut them off. It would really depend on how long and how close to the hook you need to be for it to activate. Kindred is already in the game though and I use it.

    Oh okay now I see where you coming from. Hmm let's think about a solution for this... How about that: so let's the killer aura is shown when the killer stays X seconds in a Y radius around the hook to all survivors. BUT those survivors who are also within Y radius to the hook won't get the killer aura shown. Sounds good to you? I think it's fixing this issue very smooth.

1 2 3 ›