Why many console players don't want crossplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOcYpdS_7WA
Mainly cheaters. This guy keeps referring to one game as an example. But let's be real. DBD would have the same problem.
Comments
I rarely see blatant cheaters on the PC. A few per thousand hours of playtime. DBD is very casual. You can equip wallhacks as a perk or add-on. I would play on console to ensure there are no cheats, but the FPS is so garbage I can't tolerate it. Nor do I notice it enough to be a problem. I would never play an FPS game seriously on the PC though.
There are some cheaters on PC (Heck, Monto just showcased one in his latest video), but it's not as common as you might think. Unless you live in a region where cheaters prosper, then that might be a problem.
I have 4k hours and encountered a cheater twice. Yes you read correctly, twice. Streamers like tru3 who play every single day since release versed a handful cheaters. This is a really low point against Crossplay.
I want cross play.... I already do cross play on cod modern warfare and i am able to hold my own with pc users...
There aren't as many cheaters as many bring it out to be, I'd love crossplay. I'd rather deal with the occasional cheater as long as I get to play with my friends.
I run DBD on an Xbox x, play both sides, Est US, and have around 1k hours. As far as I can tell, among the best arguments against crossplay with PC are:
This game has never been optimized for the Xbox, and with the next gen within smelling range will never be. So latency and dancing pings are still the main struggles. Add to that I believe the Xbox is the weakest of any platform used & carries the most Wi-Fi usage as well aggravates these worse.
From my experience the recently re-added ded servers have not in the least dealt with those concerns, but have made the game much more stable from the unintentional dc's, which is a very good qol improvement alone.
The lack of sensitivity adjusting (hopefully in this upcoming patch) has left killers like Huntress, Oni, maybe D-Slinger, and most especially the Nurse usable by only the best of the best. Even Billy is hurt a lil by this. Plus there is no getting around that a controller cannot compete with a qwerty mouse for accuracy and response time. We shall see here...
Framerate drops. Everywhere. Darn near every melee hit, hatchet throw, harpoon shot, Bloodlust activation, Thano activation, Exposed activation, Tremors activation, tons of fast vaults. I've even seen Dead Hard activation and the almost extinct grab drop frames. This issue alone causes the most frustration and misses for both sides.
I hope the gaps between the platforms are greatly reduced before crossplay is flung open. We really need the full pool for q times, matchmaking, and everyone should have the same experience with DBD . I sincerely believe the devs have the same goals in mind, and hopefully will not rush into CP prematurely.
Whenever I have brought up these differences to PC players in the past, even to streamers, I get two general responses: either "that's the devs problem" or the more commonly "Nobody should play this game on anything but a PC you're taking away dev time from fixing our game get top-notch internet" rant.
With mobile up now especially we have to discuss these things.
I'd rather not play with the Xbox community
Or the mouse and keyboard folks
Cross play never interests me. Why dump a load of children into my servers or force me to play against people with better machines then me? Hard pass.
It's not that console players don't want cross play at all it's that we don't want to verse PC players with M&KB for a majority of games. In a lot of games, it's such an extreme advantage and with some monster rigs being able to outperform any console, especially when you've put 5x the money into it, there's just no competition. A lot of us play console more because it is a more casual experience, and in a way we want to keep it that way.
And what's so bad about the Xbox community? I know the squeaker stereotype originated from Xbox, but some of us are reasonable people. And prefer our exclusives to be games, rather than interactive movies.
Can't agree more on the pc front. I'm not a fan of modding and hacking is awful its not the ones you can see floating around the map as Shrek vomiting rockets its the
hackers who have just alittle more health then you... who get the killstreak just a little sooner... who's swords hit alittle harder then mine. The ones who whenever you meet it just happens to drop frames seconds before they turn the corner spraying.
I'm not that interested in a console war debate in this forum, so I'll just wrap it up with myself and everyone I've ever met have had massive longstanding unenjoyable experiences across all media with the Xbox community for almost a decade... overall as a generality i think im more then safe in my true and tested stereotype even if there are minute exceptions
I like that movie dig :) lol just name ur exclusives is it... halo or halo ? Or maybe its the halo remaster
Cheaters are very rare in this game. I have seen maybe one and it was 2-3 years ago already.
And argument that PC players will destroy console players isn't really valid either. Most players , regardless of platform suck at the game anyway.
My biggest arguement against crossplay is still FPS. But crossplay with Xbox and PS4 would be nice for faster que times.
cheaters aren't that common
also you can have cheaters on console
Gears of War, Halo, Sunset Overdrive.
I will give you guys Bloodborne though. That one isn't a glorified movie.
This might sound weird, but there are legit PC players who prefer to play with controller (ofc its a very small %) as well as people who play on console with MKB. Other games determine the matchmaking by input (I think fortnite does this, not sure), so that MKB and controllers do not play together, but its still crossplay.
I don't see the issue either on cheaters. But I'd suggest to crossplay within console platforms and keep PC out of it (sry).
The issue I see here is as mentioned already the framerates since DBD is not optimized for console. And killer's have more advantage on PC (looking around with mouse / aiming with hatchets, etc) than on console.