Buying rift tiers = toxic

UR TOXXXXICCCCCCCCCCCCC.


Just my opinion. Doesnt seem worth it. like at all. Unless you're rich. (or a whale)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Doesn't make them toxic. Either lazy or don't have enough time to play and want to get something at a certain teir.

  • I agree totally about it not being worth it.


    But can you explain what you mean by saying the people that do are toxic?


    I'm not here to start any arguments, it's just even though i agree with it being a waste of money, i just don't get how that makes the people who do get it are toxic.

  • @GRT_Alkaline said:

    I agree totally about it not being worth it.

    But can you explain what you mean by saying the people that do are toxic?

    I'm not here to start any arguments, it's just even though i agree with it being a waste of money, i just don't get how that makes the people who do get it are toxic.

    just a joke :P

  • Ah, ok... i guess i'm just being slow today and not picking up on that lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Doesn't make them toxic. It just makes them sheep.

    (I'm joking)

    In all seriousness though, the Rift is designed to incentivize people to do that.

    Bought the last 2 rifts and I didn't even buy a single tier. Just play the game 4head.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I am a whale.

    *Prepares whale hunting boat*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237832#Comment_1237832

    I don't feel like paying for something and then grinding 200+ hours worth of gameplay when most things just let you buy the things you want, without the tedious grind or paying out the ass to skip said grind.

    Battle passes force one to have to throw in multiple hours a day to even have a chance to get anything of any real value from them. And just, yeah.

    To be honest, I find it kind of insulting that we have to pay for the game, pay for expensive cosmetics, pay for expansions, and finally have a free to play battlepass system with all of the above, and yet they apparently cannot afford the funds to improve and optimize the game significantly by adding a proper and functioning options system after 4 years.

    they'll never put in an actual options menu cause they are too worried about how they want people to play, FOV increases for killer without perks, more options for killer powers outside of addons like ADS speed for Deathslinger, sound and music sliders ect.

    People will say something about it being op or whatever but never want to actually try them out, they will put what they want and tell us to try those and maybe change them months later to something slightly less awful than what they originally put out.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237832#Comment_1237832

    I don't feel like paying for something and then grinding 200+ hours worth of gameplay when most things just let you buy the things you want, without the tedious grind or paying out the ass to skip said grind.

    Battle passes force one to have to throw in multiple hours a day to even have a chance to get anything of any real value from them. And just, yeah.

    To be honest, I find it kind of insulting that we have to pay for the game, pay for expensive cosmetics, pay for expansions, and finally have a free to play battlepass system with all of the above, and yet they apparently cannot afford the funds to improve and optimize the game significantly by adding a proper and functioning options system after 4 years.

    You're kinda going off the road there. We did pay for the game, but the cosmetics aren't being forced down our throats, and most chapters can be bought with shards. I understand the Rift is not a feature made for the standard player (considering that once you complete a level, you'll have to grind until the next one comes out for extra fragments), but it's not smart to make this assumption of "it's designed to make you buy tiers" when there's a considerable chunk of players, myself included, that completed the Rift without having to buy them.

  • @Auron471 said:

    UR TOXXXXICCCCCCCCCCCCC.

    Just my opinion. Doesnt seem worth it. like at all. Unless you're rich. (or a whale)

    Dam must suck to be broke

  • @Auron471 said:

    UR TOXXXXICCCCCCCCCCCCC.

    Just my opinion. Doesnt seem worth it. like at all. Unless you're rich. (or a whale)

    If I don’t buy it i’ll be poor shamed but if I do i’ll be rich shamed. 😔

    what do I do?

  • Toxic wallet flexers.

  • Well, it's cosmetics, so whatever. Flash your cash. There's far more pay-to-win options in DBD than Frosty Hag.

  • Shameless whale here, I'm lazy, not toxic. Though I do at least wait until I know I won't reach the items I want to buy tiers

  • @Guiltron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237946#Comment_1237946

    You're kinda going off the road there. We did pay for the game, but the cosmetics aren't being forced down our throats, and most chapters can be bought with shards. I understand the Rift is not a feature made for the standard player (considering that once you complete a level, you'll have to grind until the next one comes out for extra fragments), but it's not smart to make this assumption of "it's designed to make you buy tiers" when there's a considerable chunk of players, myself included, that completed the Rift without having to buy them.

    I'm a fan of the Rift, and I too have completed both previous Rifts just through playtime. But it absolutely is designed to incentivise people to buy tiers - if it weren't, it wouldn't be as grindy as it is. Which is fine, because it's totally optional (although not, in my opinion, the best way of doing things from a long-term marketing perspective).

  • I usually buy tiers if there's something I really want and I don't feel like grinding to get it. Like last Rift I bought all the tiers up to the full Jane outfit because I didn't wanna wait to use it.

    I'll also buy tiers if I'm behind. I think I was tier 63 or 64 last Rift and just bought the rest the day before it closed.

    This next Rift however, nothing really catches my eye so I won't buy any unless I'm behind once it ends, then I'll just buy the rest to finish it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237975#Comment_1237975

    So tell me again why we can't have proper and defined resolution settings, a proper fullscreen mode, proper ways to change the anti aliasing, resolution scaling, v-sync, shadow texture size, level of detail, character model quality, bloom, and a bunch of other options?

    None of these would offer an advantage and would give a huge quality of life improvements over having to EXIT THE GAME, DIG UP A CONFIG FILE, AND EDIT STUFF MANUALLY.

    I mean, that's like saying no multiplayer PvP game shouldn't have options ever, because it would be "too much of an advantage", to which I say no, I would say it would give everyone more balance, since low spec PCs will have a better chance to run the game at an equal amount of frames as a person who has a high spec PC, instead of needing to chug constantly at sub-par framerates or incredibly ridiculously low resolutions and scaling to have a fighting chance to have a stable and acceptable frame rate.

    Half the things that would cause balance issues (like sound), would be fixed by balancing the sound with the intent of having no music playing at all, and then allowing people to raise and lower the volumes to whatever they're comfortable with, making it so sound is good for everybody whether they're using headphones, speakers, or play on a bloody TV, while eliminating most of the problem of sounds breaking every patch with usually everything becoming far more quiet than they were intended to be, or even wanting to play their own music in the background.

    The reason sounds break so bad so much is because the way they are implemented is broken in the first place.

    I agree 100% with what you said but some people will find a reason to deny or the devs will say something to not do it. This game needs options for the players both pc and console without having to go into the files.