Why swfs always go for group saves and refuse to do gens?

One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.

Comments

  • Eveline said:
    One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

    So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.
    When i play with friends and they are hooked, i ask them if anyone is going to rescue them. If a random does i'll keep doing gens, if not, i'll do the rescue stuff. Basically cause there are survivors who dont care at all about other survivors.
    Normally i play with 1 more friend, 2 sometimes, that's why i'm talking about "randoms".
    The insta-rescue is not that common simply cause, as you said before, leads to a worse situation (unless gates are open and you got BT)
  • @Eveline said:
    One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

    So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.

    You have to imagine a bunch of kids playing DBD and the one hooked cries in discord BOB you idiot save me already.

    Thats the picture I have in mind when I play killer and try to abuse their overaltruism

  • Yea but when all 3 go for a save? Isn't it kinda overboard? Lol I don't even play a killer but when they keep clicking that flashlight it's really annoying to watch.
  • Eveline said:
    Yea but when all 3 go for a save? Isn't it kinda overboard? Lol I don't even play a killer but when they keep clicking that flashlight it's really annoying to watch.
    Its not just overboard, its counterproductive cause the Killer can just camp and wait for the hookstages to progress without worry that gens are being done. The worst part about it is that those situation forces the Killer to camp. The only alternative would be to awkwardly walk away backwards while letting them save and heal each other.
  • Some survivors aren't the brightest.

  • @Eveline said:
    One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

    So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.

    @Mister_Holdout said:
    Some survivors aren't the brightest.

    ^^

  • @Master said:

    @Eveline said:
    One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

    So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.

    You have to imagine a bunch of kids playing DBD and the one hooked cries in discord BOB you idiot save me already.

    Thats the picture I have in mind when I play killer and try to abuse their overaltruism

    REVIVE ME I HAVE A RAY GUN!!!!

  • Console peasant here and it does not work that way there. SWF groups hit gens insanely fast. They usually have someone to lure you into loops then when that guy is hurt and about to go down they try to swap someone out.

    I would gladly take the other type. If they go for insta saves then there is no chance to camp and no argument to be made about me going right back after then if they bothered to unhook right in my face.

  • Got yelled at by a SWF group because they ran into the basement against a Leatherface and I just stayed on my generator, popped the second gen, and waited for hatch while the Christmas tree died >_<

    My response was "Guys I get it sucked, but I watched him stay like within visible distance of patrol of the killer shack. Wasn't giving him the 4k."

    But I guess blind altruism is what's supposed to happen because the three of them apparently reported me for teaming with the killer =P
  • Because they like to reward camping.

  • Jack11803 said:

    @Master said:

    @Eveline said:
    One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

    So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.

    You have to imagine a bunch of kids playing DBD and the one hooked cries in discord BOB you idiot save me already.

    Thats the picture I have in mind when I play killer and try to abuse their overaltruism

    REVIVE ME I HAVE A RAY GUN!!!!

    YOU'LL GET BANNED FOR CAMPING, MY BROTHER WORKS FOR BHVR!
  • SWF also have a habit of calling you a 'pussy' simply because you don't want to rush the hook when the gates are open and you're on death hook.

    I swear, some people in this community are less useful then a brick.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:
    Some survivors aren't the brightest.

    You stop using your brain to play a game if the game doesnt require a brain to be played.
    Surprisingly ive noticed that trend too since I started playing survivor more frequently^^

  • I always assumed they do it because they're bored with the game.
    (I play only solo so can't speak for SWF groups)

    Going for the save especially with the killer in proximity of the hook adds some actual excitement.

    Some of us have played the game since it came out and have pretty much everything we need with an excess of bloodpoints. We don't care about surviving or aren't afraid of being killed going for the risky save.
    Those are the things that actually provide some excitement at this point....sitting on 5 Gens holding M1...not very exciting for old players. (Not saying I don't do gens because most of the time I'm the one who does several but I only do it to help others escape, it definitely adds no excitement to the game)

  • @Master said:

    @Mister_Holdout said:
    Some survivors aren't the brightest.

    You stop using your brain to play a game if the game doesnt require a brain to be played.
    Surprisingly ive noticed that trend too since I started playing survivor more frequently^^

    You never miss a chance to bash on SWFs, right? xD

  • Honestly, the altruism makes a lot of SWF groups easier than top end randoms.

  • Stupidty
    Situational
    Strategy
  • Vietfox said:

    @Master said:

    @Mister_Holdout said:
    Some survivors aren't the brightest.

    You stop using your brain to play a game if the game doesnt require a brain to be played.
    Surprisingly ive noticed that trend too since I started playing survivor more frequently^^

    You never miss a chance to bash on SWFs, right? xD

    Eh, that's not really a jab against SWF, it's more against survivors in general. I run Bond/Empathy/Kindred a lot, and I've seen some truly idiotic plays from solo survivors and SWFs.

    I've watched someone try to YOLO save me from a camping Leatherface at full chainsaw rev... while I was running KINDRED.

    I've looped a killer for nearly 2 minutes, then sat on the hook and watched all 3 other survivors creep around the hook the whole 2 minutes while the killer watched my crotch., then died with 1 gen done.

    I watched other survivors run to the hook while you can hear the killer hitting the hooked person over and over again.

    I've unhooked people with BT and watched then run straight toward the killer even though they JUST saw him walk that way.

    A LOT of survivors are just dumb.
  • Esheon said:
    Vietfox said:

    @Master said:

    @Mister_Holdout said:
    Some survivors aren't the brightest.

    You stop using your brain to play a game if the game doesnt require a brain to be played.
    Surprisingly ive noticed that trend too since I started playing survivor more frequently^^

    You never miss a chance to bash on SWFs, right? xD

    Eh, that's not really a jab against SWF, it's more against survivors in general. I run Bond/Empathy/Kindred a lot, and I've seen some truly idiotic plays from solo survivors and SWFs.

    I've watched someone try to YOLO save me from a camping Leatherface at full chainsaw rev... while I was running KINDRED.

    I've looped a killer for nearly 2 minutes, then sat on the hook and watched all 3 other survivors creep around the hook the whole 2 minutes while the killer watched my crotch., then died with 1 gen done.

    I watched other survivors run to the hook while you can hear the killer hitting the hooked person over and over again.

    I've unhooked people with BT and watched then run straight toward the killer even though they JUST saw him walk that way.

    A LOT of survivors are just dumb.
    I saw a survivor so dumb he tried to unhook me after a Hag placed her trap while he was already close and saw it by just running into it and getting grabbed.

    And in another game i was near a hook when the Trapper came back, he placed a bear trap nearby and left. I unhooked him and he immediatly ran right into the trap so i did ######### all and left him to die.
  • Eveline said:
    One thing I noticed watching some gameplays since I'm not at home. I played a few games with my friend before and I was never going for a save immediately after she gets hooked, or at all if I think it could lead to a worse outcome. 

    So why? Some never even do gens at all, they just try to get the killer to chase them into a loop. And most of the times it's those with ds+flashlight combo. It's frustrating for a killer but for a solo survivor too, believe me.
    I dread playing with ppl like that. I do know of a couple of my friends who love to run the killer around but they don't use DS or flashlights. I still find it annoying as we could have one more person on a gen so it's rare that I play with them anymore.
    There's no fun in provoking a killer and more often then not they think they can mind game the killer. All that ends up happening is we end up having to stop and take them off the hook.
    I also am more geared to stealth than being visible as it keeps me in the moment. I like those jump scares 🤣 cue Mikey Boi music 🎵🔪😵
  • Console peasant here and it does not work that way there. SWF groups hit gens insanely fast. They usually have someone to lure you into loops then when that guy is hurt and about to go down they try to swap someone out.

    I would gladly take the other type. If they go for insta saves then there is no chance to camp and no argument to be made about me going right back after then if they bothered to unhook right in my face.

    Aye. Dunno about PC Survivors but on PS4 it’s all Gen Rush, all the time. You don’t have to camp nearly as much as I see on PC, cause EVERYONE is bum rushing the Gens.