Balance / Buff Distortion

Just an idea that was discussed with friends but I know there will be KMs on here pouring salt but here goes anyway "Distortion" is designed to counter KPs such as the OP perk "BBQ and Chilli" that exposes your aura but each of those perks are basically unlimited for killers while I'm held to 3 tokens with some killer builds I lose all 3 tokens within the first 60 - 90 secs of a match if that long I'm suggesting buffing the perk to be able to earn any tokens lost you start with 3 so that can be the limit but if one is lost I should be able to earn another by completing a gen , safe unhook , escaping a chase or Healing another survivor to healthy state ( not yourself ) other task that moves the game along I think this would make Distortion a better counter perk and push those running it to complete task and not just run around hiding all game as well as not being spotted across the map by the killer because another survivor was hooked there's my idea please share any thoughts down below and I won't entertain trolls by responding so waste your time if you want

Comments

  • Having them come back by personally completing a gen would be nice. Wouldn't be so easy to get back as to make the tokens meaningless like unhooking or escaping a chase would be while still extending the usefulness of the perk.

  • You don't even need a perk to counter BBQ.

    Hide behind a gen.

    Go one direction, count to 4 then change direction

    Be within 32 meters of the hook

    Last but not least. Get off the gen and get in a locker. I know your brains are hardwired to rush gens but you can do it. If only for a lil bit. Baby steps :P You have all the tools needed to counter BBQ. Please stop asking for more buffs. It's only useful on killers with high mobility. Most people use it for the BP bonus. Whispers is my go to tracking perk. GL hiding from that lol

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    You don't even need a perk to counter BBQ.

    Hide behind a gen.

    Go one direction, count to 4 then change direction

    Be within 32 meters of the hook

    Last but not least. Get off the gen and get in a locker. You have all the tools needed to counter BBQ. Stop asking for more buffs. It's only useful on killers with high mobility. Most people use it for the BP bonus.

    "We don't need this perk so let's make it useless!"

    Personally, I wouldn't mind if distortion got a buff but it's fine in its current state

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    You don't even need a perk to counter BBQ.

    Hide behind a gen.

    Go one direction, count to 4 then change direction

    Be within 32 meters of the hook

    Last but not least. Get off the gen and get in a locker. You have all the tools needed to counter BBQ. Stop asking for more buffs. It's only useful on killers with high mobility. Most people use it for the BP bonus.

    This post is less about BBQ than it is about distortion being a bit subpar because of how limited it is.

  • Yea that's the issue other than completing a Gen I couldn't really think of other ways to earn them back but safely unhooking , healing fellow survivors or escaping is what I came up with off the top of my head maybe taking a protection hit could earn you one my only issue with making gen completions only is you would make it a gen jockey only perk or if you have a SWF group who's all running distortion they'll basically be invisible to the killer for the entire match I'm looking to balance it not make it OP

  • @MadArtillery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232989#Comment_1232989

    This post is less about BBQ than it is about distortion being a bit subpar because of how limited it is.

    You want a buff? Instead of completing a gen because that encourages even more gen rushing. Restore a stack everytime you make a safe rescue. I would consider that fair.

  • Yea EvilJoshy that's why I suggested multiple ways not just gen completion but I read a lot of crying about gen rushing but isn't that the job of the Survivor to complete generators and open the gates ? Working well with a team and completing tasks quickly shouldn't be punished so it's easier for the killer there's perks that slow gen rushing and they nerf gen repair pretty much every patch (Look at the latest patch notes) I don't see killers offering to wait while survivors get set up to play they come out the gate raring to go and doing what they're supposed to kill survivors so unless they're discussions on killers hook or slug rushing not sure what you'd call it gen rushing isn't a thing as far as I'm concerned

  • @Grimm_Reckoning said:

    Yea EvilJoshy that's why I suggested multiple ways not just gen completion but I read a lot of crying about gen rushing but isn't that the job of the Survivor to complete generators and open the gates ? Working well with a team and completing tasks quickly shouldn't be punished so it's easier for the killer there's perks that slow gen rushing and they nerf gen repair pretty much every patch (Look at the latest patch notes) I don't see killers offering to wait while survivors get set up to play they come out the gate raring to go and doing what they're supposed to kill survivors so unless they're discussions on killers hook or slug rushing not sure what you'd call it gen rushing isn't a thing as far as I'm concerned

    It is the survivors job to complete gens, yes. Its also the killers job to kill them and right now a lot of people feel gens get completed too fast when the survivors know what they are doing. A lot of killers lack mobility or chase ending powers. I think Tr3 just released a video of all 5 gens getting completed in like 3 and 1/2 mins. Hopefully the adjustments to map sizes help with the slower killers.

  • BBQ&Chili is not "OP". It only activates when the killer hooks someone. Kindred is probably a better comparison to BBQ.

    I don't use distortion, but it does sound problematic. Instead of gens, or unhooking, maybe get extra tokens from cleansing totems.