The placebo effect.

Ok let’s talk about the coming gen speed changes. Am I the only one who sees this change as useless?

so why is it when survivor nerfs happen they have an opportunity to completely bypass it as if it never happened?

maybe if all 4 survivors are solo ques it might work, but once you get a 2,3 or 4 man swf 9 times out of ten one of them is running prove thy self . And this is going to make that 5% useless and we will have the same gen speeds as we do now. If you really want to make it a big difference to actually change the way the game is played for real the speed reduction will need to be 50% that way it takes 3 people to make a difference on one gen and 4 for a 200% repair speed. I don’t think a 5% reduction and then giving them an option to completely negate the reduction is a good change. We see too much of this smoke and mirrors style patches just to make it seem like things are being balanced when it’s really not.

Comments

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1229994#Comment_1229994

    This is a post from Feb of this year, from a Dev:Community Manager with statistics in how many matches are SWF. Vaslty less than solo survivors. SWF are not the majority by a large margin.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/796/VXZ6V6LQ583J.png

    I’m on console so the pc based statistics mean nothing to me, and I’m going off what I play against, it’s easy to see if people are swf on ps4 just gotta look at friends list or followers to see if these people are friends on psn. So again statistics I would like to see exactly as those numbers are happening because they can be padded to fit the narrative.

  • @Traslogan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232166#Comment_1232166

    I'd be very interested in what that chart looks like if you change it to only show games where the average rank was between 1 and 10. I strongly believe that chart is muddied heavily by the low-rank solos

    Lol, ok buddy. I guess proof is not enough. I have not been over rank 10 in forever (been playing about 2.5 yrs) and I am a solo survivor, I generally sit around rank 5. I have never all 2.5 years been in a 4-man SWF. I have one friend I get on with once or twice a week. I am the norm, not this made up idea that if you are getting owned it is clearly 4-man red rank pros. Most SWF are a mix of levels anyway.

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232166#Comment_1232166

    I’m on console so the pc based statistics mean nothing to me, and I’m going off what I play against, it’s easy to see if people are swf on ps4 just gotta look at friends list or followers to see if these people are friends on psn. So again statistics I would like to see exactly as those numbers are happening because they can be padded to fit the narrative.

    That graphic show statistics for xbox, ps4 and pc.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232222#Comment_1232222

    For starters, it is not the hooked survivors fault that a team mate, and likely a rando, got them off the hook in front of a killer. So to you, Why should the fresh offhook be punished by the killer for an action completely out of their control. Second, what are survivors supposed to do when every hook, in 90% of games, are getting the  proxy camp. And now maps are getting smaller. Killers like to say, "They should not have gone for the hook in front of me." but if you never leave the area there is no other option. And we are human beings,  playing a game, not wolves fighting for survival. You make a conscious choice to ruin another human beings match when a killer repeatedly goes after a freshly offhooked survivor and does not let them even play. I  play killer too, and I don't tunnel fresh offhooks, I don't hang around hooked survivors, and I don't slug survivors down so I can leisurely hook em all for the 4k. Most likely because I survivor main, I don't  participate in  poor sportsmanship when I am in a killer match. And you know what, my score does not suffer for it and I avoid 99% of negative after-chat.

    Okay but my point still stands. You want to punish killers for taking advantage of a stupid survivors mistake. And no, 90% of games aren't proxy camping, or we'd see MUCH more escapes and MUCH more complaints. You have the worst luck in the universe to get 90% proxy campers. And yeah, it is a game, about surviving a psychopathic killer. Who is "hunting" you.

    I main survivor, so yeah I know what I'm talking about. I had a team mate today who unhooked me in front of a Deathslinger. Was that the killers fault? No. So why should he be punished for going for me when my team mate is the one who screwed up. You seem convinced that if your team is poor, you deserve all these chances to get away and survive or heal. This game is 1v4, and if you can't work together to escape you don't deserve to, and the killer should NEVER be held responsible for that. If you want to complain about bad team mates, either take responsibility yourself or play SWF so it doesn't happen.

    Killer's thought process: "Well that idiot unhooked when I was barely away, I'ma turn around and get to them quicker than any other survivors. I'll go for the injured survivor so I can PRESSURE and WEAKEN the team as a whole. If I manage to see the "saver" and it's possible to get a hit quick, I'll go for them so they have to heal or another survivor will heal them, thus slowing gen progression."

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    Ok let’s talk about the coming gen speed changes. Am I the only one who sees this change as useless?

    so why is it when survivor nerfs happen they have an opportunity to completely bypass it as if it never happened?

    maybe if all 4 survivors are solo ques it might work, but once you get a 2,3 or 4 man swf 9 times out of ten one of them is running prove thy self . And this is going to make that 5% useless and we will have the same gen speeds as we do now. If you really want to make it a big difference to actually change the way the game is played for real the speed reduction will need to be 50% that way it takes 3 people to make a difference on one gen and 4 for a 200% repair speed. I don’t think a 5% reduction and then giving them an option to completely negate the reduction is a good change. We see too much of this smoke and mirrors style patches just to make it seem like things are being balanced when it’s really not.

    Yeah But think about it. Most of them will now need to dump a perk for prove thyself.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1229994#Comment_1229994

    This is a post from Feb of this year, from a Dev:Community Manager with statistics in how many matches are SWF. Vaslty less than solo survivors. SWF are not the majority by a large margin.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/796/VXZ6V6LQ583J.png

    Um, this shows that almost half of all survivor groups are collectively 2-4 person SWF. Yes, solo is slightly higher, but that's a far cry from "vastly".

  • @Blackhouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232166#Comment_1232166

    Um, this shows that almost half of all survivor groups are collectively 2-4 person SWF. Yes, solo is slightly higher, but that's a far cry from "vastly".

    The guy was arguing that 4-man SWF is now outnumbering solo survivors, it is not. Vastly, not.

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145982/the-placebo-effect

    Yeah But think about it. Most of them will now need to dump a perk for prove thyself.

    Not really when it comes to swf most 3-4 man swf teaMs have a designated prove thyself runner.

1 2 ›