New type of killer ๐Ÿ‘

Can we get a killer that isn't a humanoid type. I know gorgon was something close to that or nurse floats but can we get something with a little more legs... or just completely different... a siren that Slithers? Or a Medusa type....


An arachnid perhaps... just something fresh.

Maybe a feral werewolf that walks on all fours.

Anyone else got a few ideas to spitball.

Comments

  • I personally prefer only humanoid Killers. There are so many creative options that can pursued through folklore and tradition without having to make unrealistic creatures.

    Plus, there are lots of Killers from Movies and IRL that could potentially be added to the game for that exist fan-service.

  • I have a design for a... non-humanoid killer that would be both the strongest and highest skill cap killer in the game by 100 miles. It'd also be super fun for boths sides IMO. I'd love to face this killer as survivor because it would be a real challenge. Plus I have this mechanic on this killer called "blood bath" which means survivors earn tons of BP against this killer, so then when you get bodied it's not so bad because you will die in 2 minutes but still walk out with like 20k BP.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I have a design for a... non-humanoid killer that would be both the strongest and highest skill cap killer in the game by 100 miles. It'd also be super fun for boths sides IMO. I'd love to face this killer as survivor because it would be a real challenge. Plus I have this mechanic on this killer called "blood bath" which means survivors earn tons of BP against this killer, so then when you get bodied it's not so bad because you will die in 2 minutes but still walk out with like 20k BP.

    I Wanna hear more about it!.

    @ChiTenshi said:

    I personally prefer only humanoid Killers. There are so many creative options that can pursued through folklore and tradition without having to make unrealistic creatures.

    Plus, there are lots of Killers from Movies and IRL that could potentially be added to the game for that exist fan-service.

    I Get that but I also find survivors would be on edge more with something just kinda crawling or hobbling around

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225731#Comment_1225731

    I Wanna hear more about it!.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225718#Comment_1225718

    I Get that but I also find survivors would be on edge more with something just kinda crawling or hobbling around

    Maybe someday. I wanna get some artwork for it before I show it off.

  • How about something made up of humans like The Thing. They could model it using multiple survivors.

    2011splitface-1024x579.png


  • I think there would be too much they would have to rework for that. Plus it wouldn't really fit with the lore. Why would a spider care about sacrificing people the Entity? I think it would just web them up and save them for food. How would a wolf hang people on hooks? I get that it COULD be done, with reworks, but that development time would be better spent elsewhere.

  • @illusion said:

    I think there would be too much they would have to rework for that. Plus it wouldn't really fit with the lore. Why would a spider care about sacrificing people the Entity? I think it would just web them up and save them for food. How would a wolf hang people on hooks? I get that it COULD be done, with reworks, but that development time would be better spent elsewhere.

    I think The Entity just exerting its will on a creature works as an explanation.


    Anyway, a non-humanoid Killer is cool for variety and all, but requires far more development work. Even Demogorgon took a lot more animation work than normal for a Killer that isn't that different from a standard humanoid.

    It also doesn't sit right with me for the game's theming. Something like a werewolf would lean far too much into the cheese factor for me.

  • Human killers are scarier, cause they are more believable. In a way, group of stabby kids are more scary than an Onryo. Not only because they are more likely to exist, but also because everyone around you can potentially evolve into something similar. The darkness among us, man.

  • I would like to see a new type in mechanic sense. I mean, we have some archetypes:

    • Stalkers
    • Runners (high mobility)
    • Ranged
    • Lethal (one hit down)
    • Spread damage (Legion and plague have a lot of this but you can consider others here too)
    • Trappers

    I think killers archetypes focus a lot on location and chase. It could be interesting a killer focused on the hooking phase, like a spider that could use his power as a mobile hook and hook survivors on difficult spots.

  • @Rattman said:

    Human killers are scarier, cause they are more believable. In a way, group of stabby kids are more scary than an Onryo. Not only because they are more likely to exist, but also because everyone around you can potentially evolve into something similar. The darkness among us, man.

    Without giving too much away, my killer is entirely believable. Nothing supernatural at all, and it is based on a VERY REAL primal fear every human has. Though there is some sciencey stuff going on, it's mostly just for the backstory and the thing itself could still be a very real killer without it. The sciencey stuff just turns it up to 11 is all.

    I've faced one (sort of) before and trust me, it is absolutely terrifying. I was lucky it didn't want to actually kill me.

  • @illusion said:

    I think there would be too much they would have to rework for that. Plus it wouldn't really fit with the lore. Why would a spider care about sacrificing people the Entity? I think it would just web them up and save them for food. How would a wolf hang people on hooks? I get that it COULD be done, with reworks, but that development time would be better spent elsewhere.

    Why would the demogorgon care about hooking people for the entity?

  • They have already said they are sticking to HUMANOID killers. Not monstrous, since they would have to make all new rigs for that.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225956#Comment_1225956

    Why would the demogorgon care about hooking people for the entity?

    It was trained to do so by the entity. There is the precedent in the show for similar control (Demodogs + the Mind Flayer). Werewolves seem much more feral, harder to control.

    Ultimately, I would like to see a werewolf in game. I think it could work. Only barely though.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225956#Comment_1225956

    Why would the demogorgon care about hooking people for the entity?

    I don't know much about his background, but he is an intelligent creature, so I imagine that he could be convinced in some way. Spiders, don't have brains like people do. They have clusters of nerve cellls that allow them to perform various spider functions, but they don't think, they work on instinct.

  • alien-main_2.jpg

    @Feiten said:

    Can we get a killer that isn't a humanoid type. I know gorgon was something close to that or nurse floats but can we get something with a little more legs... or just completely different... a siren that Slithers? Or a Medusa type....

    An arachnid perhaps... just something fresh.

    Maybe a feral werewolf that walks on all fours.

    Anyone else got a few ideas to spitball.

    Alien

  • Lmao Not bad but I believe Alien to fall under humanoid skeleton. Like I could see dbd making it walk upright just hunched over.

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226916#Comment_1226916

    Lmao Not bad but I believe Alien to fall under humanoid skeleton. Like I could see dbd making it walk upright just hunched over.

    still not human though like demogorgon, could also have the inside of a space station as map and one of Ripley/Corporal Hicks/

    Bishop as suvivor