Increased Terror Radius in Agitation

Is it supposed to help or hurt the Killer? I still don't get the point of it.

Comments

  • It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

  • @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    That's about it though, no other killer really relies on their terror radius like Doc.

  • Is it supposed to help or hurt the Killer? I still don't get the point of it.

    If you run it with unnerving presence it’s really good because your terror radius is larger and you can make survivors blow skill checks while carrying someone to the hook and have a general idea of their location.
  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    That's about it though, no other killer really relies on their terror radius like Doc.

    It's also good for certain perk combos.

  • It helps to confuse survivors when you use BBQ. They´ll think they are to close to trigger BBQ, while they are just at the border of your terror radius. Therefore triggering it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    Not in the slightest. Picking someone up puts you into Punishment Mode.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    Not in the slightest. Picking someone up puts you into Punishment Mode.

    You do realize that people have their madness increased just by being in his terror radius. How is him going into punishment mode even relevant?

  • You do realize that people have their madness increased just by being in his terror radius. How is him going into punishment mode even relevant?

    If the Doctor is in punishment mode, survivors cannot gain madness when in his TR. Agitation which increases his TR doesn't help the Doctor since when he picks up a survivor, he automatically switches to punishment mode thus making the bigger TR useless.
  • @AlphaJackson said:

    @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    Not in the slightest. Picking someone up puts you into Punishment Mode.

    You do realize that people have their madness increased just by being in his terror radius. How is him going into punishment mode even relevant?

    Madness only increases when Doc is in treatment mode.

  • idk...
    its a good indicator to tell, weather the killer has agitation or not...

  • I've seen Doctors combine it with Distressing and Monitor & Abuse. It was very confusing.
  • I think make it insanely big but reduce chance of skillchecks for survivors. 
  • @AlphaJackson said:

    @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    Not in the slightest. Picking someone up puts you into Punishment Mode.

    You do realize that people have their madness increased just by being in his terror radius. How is him going into punishment mode even relevant?

    I don't realise something that isn't true.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @AlphaJackson said:

    @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    Not in the slightest. Picking someone up puts you into Punishment Mode.

    You do realize that people have their madness increased just by being in his terror radius. How is him going into punishment mode even relevant?

    I don't realise something that isn't true.

    I think you're missing my point. Also, I never said anything about him incresing madness in punishment mode, I just made refrence to the fact that Doc can up madness when you're in his terror radius, emphasis on the CAN as in when he is using treatment which makes my point very much TRUE. But anyway now I might aswell make punishment mode relevant, you said that his terror radius being bigger doesnt help him which is completely untrue. And atop that why does terror radius matter when you're in a chase i.e punishment mode, you'd still want a big terror radius as doc since the point is not being able to hide, so with a larger radius even in punishment you cant really be sure that you lost him especially on some of the smaller maps like the game or treatment theater, even some of the coldwind farm maps. So do I make my poiny clear? Or are there any other points you'd like to misunderstand?

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @AlphaJackson said:

    @MojoTheFabulous said:

    @Orion said:
    It helps some Killers, like the Doctor.

    Not in the slightest. Picking someone up puts you into Punishment Mode.

    You do realize that people have their madness increased just by being in his terror radius. How is him going into punishment mode even relevant?

    I don't realise something that isn't true.

    I think you're missing my point. Also, I never said anything about him incresing madness in punishment mode, I just made refrence to the fact that Doc can up madness when you're in his terror radius, emphasis on the CAN as in when he is using treatment which makes my point very much TRUE. But anyway now I might aswell make punishment mode relevant, you said that his terror radius being bigger doesnt help him which is completely untrue. And atop that why does terror radius matter when you're in a chase i.e punishment mode, you'd still want a big terror radius as doc since the point is not being able to hide, so with a larger radius even in punishment you cant really be sure that you lost him especially on some of the smaller maps like the game or treatment theater, even some of the coldwind farm maps. So do I make my poiny clear? Or are there any other points you'd like to misunderstand?

  • Agitation doesn't help Doc increase Madness levels. He is automatically switched to Punishment mode when picking up a survivor, which does not have the passive static field.
    However, the TR increase is horribly disorienting for the receiving end so I think it's an interesting feature.
  • @Salty_Pearl said:
    Is it supposed to help or hurt the Killer? I still don't get the point of it.

    It's supposed to confuse survivors a bit while you carry. If they don't see you and suddenly hear a heartbeat they might be thinking you are closer than you are and play immersed. But if they see you and your TR suddenly changes they know you have Agi. IMO it doesn't matter if they know or not. If they don't know, cool now they might screw up. If they do know, you still carry people really fast so...

  • It was added as one of those random ideas devs decided to add to the game initially without adding any thought to it. Just like other perks like Predator, Bitter Murmur, Decisive Strike....

  • long story short: the big advantage of Agitation is the speed buff and it helps a lot (much underrated imo). the bigger TR is just a neat gimmick but it's even part of the terror myers build.