Noed is NOT broken
Here's why NOED is NOT broken, and survivors need to stop complaining about it. I'm a survivor main, and I have many reasons why survivors need to shush about it.
You can cleanse totems, you know.. It's a HEX perk for a reason. You can always cleanse totems around the map. And yeah, maybe you're a gen rusher, and you don't think about totems, but that's not the games fault. And if you're not in a SWF, and nobody is doing gens, then.. well, you're probably going to lose anyways. So if people are doing gens, you can always go around and break totems.
Of course, this doesn't always work, but if a killer is camping the NOED totem, or chasing someone, you can always work on the gates. If they ARE chasing someone, find the totem!
NOED is also a GREAT perk for baby killers. Seriously. It gives them a second chance. I get that some high ranks use it, but that's unavoidable.
Overall, it's OKAY to hate perks. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that ya'll complained so much that NOED might be getting nerfed (from what I heard).
I hate NOED too, but it's counter able, so you guys can calm down.
Also, keep it civil please. I'll listen to your opinions! Just be nice. : )
Comments
Well, if other people cleansed totems like everyone says they should, then sure.
I've also never called it broken, just badly designed. No warning for the most powerful status effect in the game is only a feature on two perks: NoED and Devour Hope. Devour Hope at least requires you to hook 3 people and run away quickly. It has an activation requirement, unlike NoED's "have a dull totem".
It can also rob some survivors of a well earned escape since it activated in endgame, unlike Rancor that only gives the Obsession Exposed and killable, but this effect is only active after 5 generators powered.
Make it notify when the perk activates, not on first hit and only active after 5 gens complete, then it is more in line with every other perk and is fair for bith sides. Still a VERY strong second chance perk for a struggling killer, but not a spit in the face because my teammates can't carry their own weight.
It's a good perk, but I do say it could use a rework. Just slightly, to give people a reason to actually cleanse totems.
Well, that's part of the reason I have suggested those two changes. No need for a full rework then.
The only way I find NoED as an acceptable perk in it's current state is as part of a full Endgame build. My changes also don't affect those builds too much.
As a normal perk to slot into a build, it's just dumb.
You get 1k BP per totem, 1.5k if lit
Inner Strength gives a free 8-second heal per totem
If ToTH is active(admittefly uncommon), you make cleansing future totems quicker
You can even leave one totem alone so you KNOW NOED will be there
The perk itself should give ppl a reason to cleanse totems. If they choose not to bother with it then they deal with the consequences of noed if they get downed by it. I always look for totems I look for them as I work on gens and everywhere I know they spawn so I don’t get downed by it. If ppl complain about something they choose not to try and get rid of them it’s their own fault for not tryin to get rid of it. Sure you’ll have had teammates that don’t try to but if gens are popping fast and I know ppl ain’t looking I tend to look around more to cover myself if they don’t care.
Not to mention progress in the Objective emblem catagory.