HELP ME PLEASE! Demogorgon.
As the title suggests I need help playing this killer. SO Before anything else! I will tell you what I am doing currently.
SO at the start of the game I go and place a portal down than I go to place down another. I am not sure if I place them in the right areas I place them around some buildings but usually in outside places. I barely use shred because I can never seem to get it at the right time. No matter what I do, or how hard I try I can never seem to get a kill outta him, I have only killed two people. And I've been trying to perfect him for weeks now and still no progress. I use Nurses, Surge, STBFL, and Stridor. That is the only perk build I can give for him, I don't have many perks for him. I am losing my mind please help, I am looking for how to time the shreds just right, where to place the portals, and lastly what perks or build should I use to make him better please help me.
Comments
first of all what addons are you using?
I use the one that slightly increases the range of how clos
e survivors can be to the portals, and the whistle
One thing about the shred. Look at the survivor you're chasing. Are they looking back at you or straight ahead as they run? This matters.
If they're looking ahead, you can get a shred hit just by lining it up right.
If they're looking at you, then they're preparing to dodge. You can aim for the direction you think they'll dodge and hopefully get a hit....OR you can fake them out! Charge up your shred and they'll begin spinning circles trying to dodge. Even though you move slower while charging, you'll still gain ground on them. Then just cancel the shred and hit them with a normal attack.
So what Im getting is basically bait it
He's trash without spirit fury + enduring. Or at least bamboozle or enduring if you don't wanna dedicate two slots to chasing. It's pretty hard to shred at tight loops so he is mostly an M1 killer who can teleport around, basically a worse Freddy.
Save the best is a bait perk, because it hardly makes a difference in a chase without 6+ stacks and is really only useful for contesting unhooks. Stridor isn't needed on anyone who isn't spirit.
You need corrupt intervention, like every other non god tier killer. Drop most of your portals directly on generators, and a secret portal near a cluster of generators you want to protect. Check them frequently with of the abyss. If they are wasting time cleaning your portals they are not doing gens, and you can quickly set them again with your secret portal.
As for the last perk, I usually use use BBQ, Pop, or Monitor. Monitor or BBQ for tracking, pop if you want slowdown. I like monitor because his terror radius is quieter than normal so you can usually gain alot of distance on people before they start moving off gens. His chase is so weak that it can be hard to even get good use of pop.
Thanks man this actually helps a bit more
One thing I forgot to mention I do not have corrupt intervention as a teachable yet so whats the next best thing?
the best addons for demo are actually two commons
rat liver which increases your movement speed when you are using shred from 93% (slower than survivors) to 101% (slightly faster than survivors)
rat tail which increases your portal placement speed it says slightly in the addon description but it actually makes it go from 2 seconds to 1 second 50% faster placement speed
now the best strategy for you when using shred is when you are chasing them act like you are going to shred them if they start to strafe to avoid getting hit get as close as you can and then hit them with a basic attack unless they are your obsession in which case just point blank shred them it's one of demos strongest mind game which is only possible with the rat liver as you will just lose distance otherwise
you should never use shred if the survivor is far away from you as it is easier to dodge unless the survivor is running to a window or a pallet you might get a hit then
here is a strat i use for my portals
at the start of a match place a portal in the middle of the map or a high traffic location (the main building) identify the area of the map that you want to defend (preferably with lots of ges close together) and then go patrol always prioritise survivors over portals but once you get one down go and place your portals directly next to gens that you know are being worked on and then place another next to it use the portal closes to the gen and teleport to another portal now if the survivors work on the gen you will know just ready shred occasionally to check but if the portal gets closed you have another right next to it so you can always get back to it fast but if you are close use the fact that the survivors working on your protal can't hear the terror radius and get a free hit. but always keep one portal for emergency
the perks i use are StBfL (demos best perk) infectious fright (so i can find close survivors) bbQ and chil (for long distance information and bloodpoints) and PgtW (to slow gen progression on the gens i want to keep)
i usually place portals close to gens but always behind something so i can use its short undetectable status effect to try some gen grabs.
Probably ruin, demo can repeatedly shove people off generators, break a pallet or two, and keep going back to pushing people off generators until you finally whittle down enough pallets to get some downs. Then you just camp around the hook / the area you broke all the pallets at.
You will have a very hard time downing competent survivors at most loops, which is why I like stacking chase perks on him. There's plenty of slowdown perks that seem good in theory on him, but in reality if you are not getting fast downs none of them will matter. Shred is only going to work at straightaways, where survivors will still have a decent chance of dodging the shred and putting you very far behind in the chase. I mainly use it at pallets I know they can't make it through. So they drop it and shred instantly destroys the pallet for a ghetto brutal stength.
He is weak enough you will need to be doing a 3 gen strategy most of the times if you want to win at red ranks, unless you are some kind of demogorgon savant or get a really killer sided map.
I don't like those as his best add-ons. I think the purple fast portal recovery speed + purple harder to seal portals are his best option. It means you can quickly be pushing people off generators and they won't have any time to seal the portals before you just teleport straight back. Which is brutal once you have already made a deadzone near a generator and if you have something like ruin; or sloppy so they can't safely come back to work on it right away.
I also don't like the perks. Good survivors will be making you fight for every hit, so the only time you will really be getting save the best for last value is when it's already at super high stacks and you are smacking people in rapid succession because they are unhooking in your face or at the basement.
Infectious fright assumes you are way better than the survivors, and can be chaining together slugs, which I don't think demo is strong enough for.
Pop and BBQ are ok.
the add-on rat liver is insane, its only a brown but i think its a must.
place portals near gens but a few feet away and hidden from sight, this can give free hits (can also be done at hooks if you keep putting them on the same hook)
Perks id run Corrupt, BBQ, POP and Save the best for last
Dont always go for shred attacks unless you know you can hit it, you can wait for certain animation like vaults
use shred on dropped pallets, the survivor will either stay till its gone or run off, if he runs off cancel it and chase, this will mean they have less chance to get to another loop.
Personally i dont like playing demo, his lunge is nice providing you hit them 95% of the time but his portals can feel a little lack luster and he isnt a very strong killer, its obviously your choice of killer but i would say always run rat liver, its effects really help get those shred attacks on loops etc.
To that one: Shred has an audio cue that survivors can use to time their dodge correctly without having to look. It is more the other way round, if they look, you can be sure they try it, so just use it as bait.
STBFL is a great perk, like on Slinger but not that strong. But once stacked up, you get quick hit recovery and a range attack to get them before the next loop (not in every situation of course). And you can control the counter as it does not destack when Shredding the obsession. Though you still can when being on 8 stacks
And I think he is totally no trash without the above perks. They help but are not mandatory.
Regarding the Shred, it is pretty common to fake windows and pallets. But the Shred is pretty fast, so if you practice timing, you can bait them into the dodge. Or: think about where the latest point of dodge would be before the survivor has to take the sidestep. When the survivor passes this point without dodging, go for the shred. Like in pallets, they will most likely dodge it before they can press space to drop the pallet. You either get closer (keep the Shred up) or you get close enough to let go and do a regular hit. Keeping the Shred up will either make them go for the pallet or continue dodging, allowing you a regular hit. This doesn't work on 90° pallets, but on pallets where you can shred to the other side. Once they stand slightly inside the pallet, Shred. On windows, they will most likely dodge before they touch the window. Once they touch it to be able to vault it, Shred. This is best to practice on the shack. You have to start the Shred before you can see the window/pallet while moving around the corner.
On portal placement... hard to explain, where to place traps best :) I think the Undetectable feature is too weak to make use of it, too short and Demo is too loud. One portal trick is, if you have critical gens to protect, place two portals close to each other but out of LOS. Use the one that can be seen from the gen (this one should also trigger killer instinct on the gen) and open it. So you see when someone is on the gen or trying to close the portal. If you see it and they are on the gen, use the open portal. If you think they cleanse the portal and you might be too late, use the other portal. You can reset the second portal later.
In general, I would start safe and don't place too many portals, if they don't close them you'll run out of your map pressure tool, especially when gens near portals get done and you have a dead zone after that, the portals become useless. If they close them, place them more frequently and close to gens, so they waste time. And don't spread them too far. It is nice to travel far, but in most cases it makes more sense to concentrate on the area where many gens are. Just maybe place one further outside if you need to get back quickly
Perks: I run STBFL (also think it is one of his best perks) and Pop for gen control. I don't like Surge that much, it can help but it only works on M1 downs.
As further perks I would add BBQ and/or Thrilling for more control and efficient time usage, s you know where you have to go next. Probably Surveillance depending on which perks you have. But the other perks suggested so far are all fine as well.
Addons: As map pressure is important, I think the Deer lung + Egg combo is pretty good. There are also two (un)common addons to increase the portal count by 1. As they are pretty limited, these are very useful as well.
By the way, a difficult but possibly high value build is the Demo basement, with Make Your Choice. Always keep one portal hidden above the stairs so you always have the chance to get back to the basement. And another one downstairs opened to see when they go for the unhook. Stay at distance so the unhooker gets exposed, and a bit of training on the timing to get back to the portal (not too early, MYC is ranged based, not TR based) and insta down the unhooker. So you can always keep someone in the basement. Run that with Deer Lung + Egg or double cooldown addons, so you can always get back to the basement when needed. STBFL can also work well if you try to go for the double down, as BT won't work either.