I’m not saying to tunnel people off the hook...

I’m just saying to hit them to either proc their borrowed time, or down them and deny the rescuer their Deliverance/punish them for a reckless save

Comments

  • But BT counts as a "safe" unhook, which shouldnt, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • How often do you experience Deliverance XD

  • @PigNRun said:

    But BT counts as a "safe" unhook, which shouldnt, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    So if I make a BT save and they get to escape due to that, I should be punished? Hmmmmm

  • Deliverance is pretty rare because how situational it is and to proc bt dosnt make sense when you could hit the rescuer. I'm not trying to say tunneling is bad but I'm tring disclose this argument.

  • Better idea: JUST HIT THE PERSON WHO UNHOOKED. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Better idea: JUST HIT THE PERSON WHO UNHOOKED. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

    Killing some fast slow down the game not a hard concept to grasp.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Better idea: JUST HIT THE PERSON WHO UNHOOKED. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

    This is actually what I do. Not because I don't believe it's against the "rules" to hit someone who was pulled off the hook. I go after the rescuer because I assume they have BT and the unhooked has DS. In that instance it's a better use of my time to down the person who made the save.

    An even better idea is don't unhook right in front of the killer.

    At the end of the day. If I'm playing killer then I am going to do what is best FOR ME. Your fun be damned. Were are both doing our objective the best we can. Mine just happens to be opposite of yours.

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214898#Comment_1214898

    Killing some fast slow down the game not a hard concept to grasp.

    So is giving someone a bear trap or taking out the unhooker. There are many ways to apply pressure that don't mean screwing over other players.

    @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214898#Comment_1214898

    This is actually what I do. Not because I don't believe it's against the "rules" to hit someone who was pulled off the hook. I go after the rescuer because I assume they have BT and the unhooked has DS. In that instance it's a better use of my time to down the person who made the save.

    An even better idea is don't unhook right in front of the killer.

    At the end of the day. If I'm playing killer then I am going to do what is best FOR ME. Your fun be damned. Were are both doing our objective the best we can. Mine just happens to be opposite of yours.

    And while I do agree with assuming perks and all that, I disagree with your final statement about "my fun be damned", as it's not about me having fun. I've had fun games where I've died and bad ones where I've lived.

    It's about being able to at least have a chance of playing a game I payed good money for, and being denied that.

    If survivors can't play because of killers, then killers can't find games and stop playing. A vicious cycle that will occur eventually if tunnelling and facecamping are allowed to continue unprovoked and unpunishable.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216435#Comment_1216435

    So is giving someone a bear trap or taking out the unhooker. There are many ways to apply pressure that don't mean screwing over other players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216444#Comment_1216444

    And while I do agree with assuming perks and all that, I disagree with your final statement about "my fun be damned", as it's not about me having fun. I've had fun games where I've died and bad ones where I've lived.

    It's about being able to at least have a chance of playing a game I payed good money for, and being denied that.

    If survivors can't play because of killers, then killers can't find games and stop playing. A vicious cycle that will occur eventually if tunnelling and facecamping are allowed to continue unprovoked and unpunishable.

    Yeah i have to agree with you. Ideally both sides should have fun or at least a chance to play the game for a bit. That and longer games, tend to be better for blood points. For both sides. My boy ghostface needs his blood points to pay for them recovery add ons. That and poor Bill needs these blood points, for that medical treatment called iron will to treat that bad cough of his. Dwight, so he can unlock head on and have the perfect locker build.


    In all seriousness. Yeah both sides need each other. Without survivors, killers have no games. Without killers, survivors have no games. Since it like Yin and Yang, you can't have one without the other.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216435#Comment_1216435

    So is giving someone a bear trap or taking out the unhooker. There are many ways to apply pressure that don't mean screwing over other players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216444#Comment_1216444

    And while I do agree with assuming perks and all that, I disagree with your final statement about "my fun be damned", as it's not about me having fun. I've had fun games where I've died and bad ones where I've lived.

    It's about being able to at least have a chance of playing a game I payed good money for, and being denied that.

    If survivors can't play because of killers, then killers can't find games and stop playing. A vicious cycle that will occur eventually if tunnelling and facecamping are allowed to continue unprovoked and unpunishable.

    I don't think there has ever been a shortage of survivors on this game. So I won't expect that to happen anytime soon. The way the game is going right now, the exact opposite is liable to happen.

    Also. Your not the only one who paid money for this game. Seeing as you didn't pay for my copy my previous statement stands. Your fun be damned. Vice versa. I didn't pay for your copy so play however you want. The very idea that you should have fun because you paid money for a game everyone else paid for is ludicrous. If I'm losing a match badly I don't expect anyone to go easy on me. I extend you the same courtesy.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216435#Comment_1216435

    So is giving someone a bear trap or taking out the unhooker. There are many ways to apply pressure that don't mean screwing over other players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216444#Comment_1216444

    And while I do agree with assuming perks and all that, I disagree with your final statement about "my fun be damned", as it's not about me having fun. I've had fun games where I've died and bad ones where I've lived.

    It's about being able to at least have a chance of playing a game I payed good money for, and being denied that.

    If survivors can't play because of killers, then killers can't find games and stop playing. A vicious cycle that will occur eventually if tunnelling and facecamping are allowed to continue unprovoked and unpunishable.

    The point is to screw the team as a whole easier to do when everyone is try to save one means no one is doing gens.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216482#Comment_1216482

    I don't think there has ever been a shortage of survivors on this game. So I won't expect that to happen anytime soon. The way the game is going right now, the exact opposite is liable to happen.

    Also. Your not the only one who paid money for this game. Seeing as you didn't pay for my copy my previous statement stands. Your fun be damned. Vice versa. I didn't pay for your copy so play however you want. The very idea that you should have fun because you paid money for a game everyone else paid for is ludicrous. If I'm losing a match badly I don't expect anyone to go easy on me. I extend you the same courtesy.

    Again. It's NOT about me having fun, it's about literally not being able to play the game. I can't play if I just get targeted right off the bat and deleted.

    So, your fun be damned too because active campers and tunneller WILL drive players away. Same with obnoxious flashlighters and DS/BT abusers. It's only a matter of time.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216527#Comment_1216527

    Again. It's NOT about me having fun, it's about literally not being able to play the game. I can't play if I just get targeted right off the bat and deleted.

    So, your fun be damned too because active campers and tunneller WILL drive players away. Same with obnoxious flashlighters and DS/BT abusers. It's only a matter of time.

    That "matter of time" has been lasting for 4 years now. IMO, Let players play how they want

    If these things are getting so frustrating it's a sign you need a break or at least deal back on the number of games you play

    This game is only frustrating if you allow it to build up

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216574#Comment_1216574

    That "matter of time" has been lasting for 4 years now. IMO, Let players play how they want

    If these things are getting so frustrating it's a sign you need a break or at least deal back on the number of games you play

    This game is only frustrating if you allow it to build up

    The act itself isn't what I'm largely frustrated over. It's the fact that people can justify it the way that they do.

    I understand the whole "I payed for the game, I can play how I want" argument, but it just doesn't hold up when I payed money and I can't play at all. What I'm trying to do is simply remind people that there is a human being on the other side of the screen, and probably has paid as much money as you to play the game and being denied that.

    What I'm trying to do is help us improve as a community by hopefully convincing people to use some common sense and mutual respect for each other. If they teabag or toxic flashlight clicky, DS/BT abuse or any of that sort of thing, then they get what's coming to them. But doing it to an innocent who hasn't provoked you in any way? That's just rude.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216627#Comment_1216627

    The act itself isn't what I'm largely frustrated over. It's the fact that people can justify it the way that they do.

    I understand the whole "I payed for the game, I can play how I want" argument, but it just doesn't hold up when I payed money and I can't play at all. What I'm trying to do is simply remind people that there is a human being on the other side of the screen, and probably has paid as much money as you to play the game and being denied that.

    What I'm trying to do is help us improve as a community by hopefully convincing people to use some common sense and mutual respect for each other. If they teabag or toxic flashlight clicky, DS/BT abuse or any of that sort of thing, then they get what's coming to them. But doing it to an innocent who hasn't provoked you in any way? That's just rude.

    I can understand where you're coming from. We do play games to enjoy ourself after all.

    And you are right that this community could use some more mutual respect for another

    The thing is not everybody sees the same actions as provoking

    For example you find that getting tunneled is them not alowing you to play the game

    For me the biggest part of the gameplay is getting chased. And while you're tunneled you are chased with a disadvantage that doesn't make it any less gameplay

    So if i play killer and someone unhooks someone right in front of me, i will down the unhooked person again if i get the chance before chasing the unhooker

    Not with the intent to provoke or annoy that person but with the tought of capitelising on mistakes

    The view on what is toxic or not just is different from person to person. Sometimes it's good to take a step back and think if the other person did it with the intent of provoking or if they are just playing the game

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214898#Comment_1214898

    Killing some fast slow down the game not a hard concept to grasp.

    Hitting the unhooker can cancel the hook animation. Which is better than them getting the unhook off in the first place.

    People will always make a excuse to tunnel...

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216435#Comment_1216435

    Hitting the unhooker can cancel the hook animation. Which is better than them getting the unhook off in the first place.

    People will always make a excuse to tunnel...

    I could say people in general look for a reason to cry foul in a four on one game. Killers play for killers not for survivors fun and toxicity.