What makes a game "good"?

This has been a question in my mind after reading all the complaint posts from both killer & survivor sides.


I've been only playing for a few months and I am in no way a ranker, but what standards does a player decide a game as "good" and "balanced"?


I mean, any game whether you escape with 3 other survivors or hooking all 4 feel different depending on the giver & the receiver.


So, can someone please explain to me your ideal "good" game in DBD?

Comments

  • As survivor, I honestly rarely ever care about escaping unless I feel like it’s going to be a close or clutch escape. I just want to have my 3 chases and fun with the killer. Killer however I feel is a bit more complicated. So many factors come into play to whether I enjoyed the game or not. These include the killer, the build, the skill of survivors, the interactivity of chases, the map, gens, etc. My point is that some games I don’t care about getting 0 kills as I may feel I deserved it, had fun or was just meming. For example playing bubba without pywf/nemesis I only wish to try some good baits and mind games on the survivors.

  • Not getting camped. Tunneling & NOED kinda sucks, but there are times I can justify tunneling, and NOED well... It's a mechanic that should encourage survivors to break totems, though many don't. Camping just sucks the fun out of everything though. No second chance tunneling chases, no finding a totem to get rid of it, just insidious Bubba staring you in the face while you live to let your teammates do gens for a couple of minutes, and then you depip with few blood points, if you're the first to get stared at.

    Ninja Edit: I've not played killer as much so I'll have to develop that opinion later, but ghost face memeing is fun.

  • For me, as a survivor I couldn't care less what happens now. As long as I get to run a killer around for a bit, or mess around with my friends and do dumb stuff that probably gets us all killed I'm happy. I've grown numb to getting camped and tunnelled too, Idk what it is but I find it funny now. I find it slightly annoying when randoms on my team get tunnelled because my whole objective as survivor is to make sure everyone else gets out even if I die for it. Basically the mom of the team.

    As killer, 4 stacks of BBQ, non-immersed survivors and constant chases and interaction would be a good match imo. The more dumb ######### we can all laugh at the better.

  • There was a game that I had 3k, one of the dead Survivors said he had alot of fun because I dont tunnel. As for me, as long as I did alot of thing in the game, I can happily die (estimate 18k BP worth of working without escaping)

    As Killer, 6-10 Hook with at least 2 dead. Im good.

  • To me a good game is when whether or not survivors escape or killer kills all, it depends on how fair and fun the match felt.

    • Survivors not abusing god loops constantly
    • Killers don't camp and tunnel
    • Hits feel fair and/or deserved
    • Game goes on at a brisk, but not too quick pace
    • Toxicity kept to a minimum
    • Little to no lag
  • The continual back and forth of gameplay. all survivors getting hooked one after the other, survivors help each other like luring the killer away (no teabagging, makes the game instantly bad no matter which role i play), tanking hits for each other, while gens are slowly done.

    I like it when till the last few minutes, noone knows if its going to be a 4k or a 4 escape. I had such games, but rarly.

    But the issue is only in part playstyle (helping instead of just farming your fellow survivors, no camping and tunneling), but mostly a balance issue with different skill levels. But its my firm believe that camping and tunneling are symptoms of a high skill difference. When i play killer, i do both, if i cant get the survivors because my rank 12 killer is matched against rank 1 surivvors yet again, and they outplay me on every turn. If, however, i have a group where i can win chases (and not 3 gens are done with the first down), then there is no need for such tactics, and then, i dont mind winning or losing.