What about giving pig a 2nd base power? (Maybe also freddy)

Ok, I made this discussion in the feedback and suggestions part of the forum (because it's where it should be)

@Alice_pbg said:

What do I mean by this?

I mean, that just like a survivor can change their medkits for toolboxes or a flashlight or a key, pig should be able to switch her regular RBTs to Rule Set Number 2 RBTs.

And now... why? Why do this?

As most people know, pig uses her RBTs to stall the game. Makes the survivors have to remove the RBT in order to be able to escape (besides hatch). They remove it by going to the correct jigsaw box and doing a few skill checks.

What less people know, is that one of her ultra rares, called Ruleset Number 2, completely changes how the survivor, and the pig, go about it.

Normally, the survivor sees the aura of all jigsaw boxes from the moment the pig puts a trap on his head. With RSN2, he can only see the auras after the trap activates.

What does this mean? With the regular RBTs, It means the survivor can choose to do a gen or remove the trap from his head before doing a gen.

With RSN2 whoever, they can't see the boxes. Meaning they are very likely to do gens. And only go for boxes after they are done with it.

This diferent aprouch from the survivor, changes how the pig plays. Creating 2 diferent playstyles for her.

Regular RBT is "Stall pig". The traps are there to make the survivors waste time, if it kills them great, but that's not why it's used.

RSN2 RBT is "head-huntress pig". The traps aren't there to make survivors waste time, they are there to remove a survivor from the game entirely.

One being a lot more agressive than the other. Because RSN2 pig, exchanges the stall she gets, which is used to have more time to chase survivors and what not, for putting the survivors in a very dangerous situation with a timed "bomb" on their heads.

These playstyles differ so much, that the add-ons would be ranked differently depending on your preference of stall or head-huntress. Like, know the face mask? The one that causes blindness? Well stall pigs don't really like it, the guy is probably doing jigsaw boxes anyway, why would the blindness matter? Survivors with RSN2 RBTs aren't doing boxes, so they are an extra degree of useless with the RBT on, meaning 1 less person to help dwight off the hook.

Now the big question, "RSN2 is already an addon, why make it a separate power?".

Simple. RSN2 pig currently, is severely nerfed by only being able to bring 1 addon alongside it. And considering it's a more agressive playstyle, she needs all the help possible.

But obviously we can't just switch her base power. People enjoy her power as it is aswell. If her base changes to RSN2, there will be discussions about changing it back, just like there are discussions right now about making RSN2 base. It's an endless loop of complaining that would never end. But, by having a choice of either, everyone is happy.(at least I hope they are)

I believe a similar logic can be used to justify having pallet freddy be a second base power aswell. But I play freddy less, so I can't really say if it would matter or not addons wise.

TL,DR: I think RSN2 should be a second base power for pig. And you choose between regular RBTs and RSN2 RBTs in the preparation screen. Maybe also freddy.


But since no one goes there besides the devs(I think). I wanted to post this here to see what people think about it.

This is the TL,DR version of it

I think RSN2 should be a second base power for pig. And you choose between regular RBTs and RSN2 RBTs in the preparation screen. Maybe also freddy.

Comments

  • I think Freddy already has a crazy amount of abilities already, and is currently in a pretty good spot.

    I don't really think Pig needs a new ability either, all she needs is a few small buffs. And if people want to use RSN2 RBTs, they should be able to use the addon - even if that means only being able to pair it with others.

    I imagine that one type of RBT would always be stronger to use than the other (intentionally or not), and so this would effectively make an ultra-rare item basekit or do very little

  • Are you out of your mind? Freddy has a ton of crap going with him already, nobody likes it.

    I agree however that Pig needs love since god-knows how long, she's been buried.

  • I never want to see anything related to a buff associated with Freddy ever again.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Ok, I made this discussion in the feedback and suggestions part of the forum (because it's where it should be)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/142816/pig-should-have-a-second-base-power-maybe-also-freddy

    But since no one goes there besides the devs(I think). I wanted to post this here to see what people think about it.

    This is the TL,DR version of it

    I think RSN2 should be a second base power for pig. And you choose between regular RBTs and RSN2 RBTs in the preparation screen. Maybe also freddy.

    Tell me why would you run RSN2 and actively nerf your own power?

    The point of a RBT is to slow the game down.

    RSN2 basically say do gens to find the boxes or waste time looking all over the map for a box. No one except low rank players will do boxes first. Without RSN2 you have the option to use a box or a gen. Most seem to do a combination of both in my experience.

    So unless your new to the game you'll have the option removed and do the gen immediately. This is quite literally the opposite of what Pig wants. Ya some people just do the gen and some people just do boxes, but the option to choose helps. By removing that option you have effectively nerfed her power.

    Oh ya this will be incredibly overwhelming and broken for lower ranked players who think they must remove the trap asap before gens.

    @AsePlayer said:

    I never want to see anything related to a buff associated with Freddy ever again.

    I would rather Buff Freddy than ever play against a Doctor again.

  • @tactic said:

    I think Freddy already has a crazy amount of abilities already, and is currently in a pretty good spot.

    I don't really think Pig needs a new ability either, all she needs is a few small buffs. And if people want to use RSN2 RBTs, they should be able to use the addon - even if that means only being able to pair it with others.

    I imagine that one type of RBT would always be stronger to use than the other (intentionally or not), and so this would effectively make an ultra-rare item basekit or do very little

    I think their strenght is on different things. So you wouldn't be able to say "this one is definetively the strongest". It would boil down to preference.

    @Enlyne said:

    Are you out of your mind? Freddy has a ton of crap going with him already, nobody likes it.

    I agree however that Pig needs love since god-knows how long, she's been buried.

    @AsePlayer said:

    I never want to see anything related to a buff associated with Freddy ever again.

    I didn't think freddy was that much of a trigger word...🤣🤣

    But like I said in the full post, you can argue for it, but I don't think freddy needs it.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/142871/what-about-giving-pig-a-2nd-base-power-maybe-also-freddy

    Tell me why would you run RSN2 and actively nerf your own power?

    The point of a RBT is to slow the game down.

    RSN2 basically say do gens to find the boxes or waste time looking all over the map for a box. No one except low rank players will do boxes first. Without RSN2 you have the option to use a box or a gen. Most seem to do a combination of both in my experience.

    So unless your new to the game you'll have the option removed and do the gen immediately. This is quite literally the opposite of what Pig wants. Ya some people just do the gen and some people just do boxes, but the option to choose helps. By removing that option you have effectively nerfed her power.

    Oh ya this will be incredibly overwhelming and broken for lower ranked players who think they must remove the trap asap before gens.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202502#Comment_1202502

    I would rather Buff Freddy than ever play against a Doctor again.

    If you see the full post, it's to force the survivor into a bad position.

    They have very little time and must go around the map fast to remove the rbt or die.

    I called it "head-huntress pig". The rbt is there to delete someone from the game, not stall.

    Unlike "stall pig", who doesn't really care if the trap is removed or not, she just wants survivors off gens.

    You exchange stall for lethality.


    I think the playstyle is different enough to award a second base power. Otherwise, one of them will always be nerfed.



    Everything is overwhelming for newer players... my first game was agaisnt leatherface and he seemed unstopable. Had no idea how to deal with trappers traps. Had no f*ing idea how spirit worked...etc.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202535#Comment_1202535

    If you see the full post, it's to force the survivor into a bad position.

    They have very little time and must go around the map fast to remove the rbt or die.

    I called it "head-huntress pig". The rbt is there to delete someone from the game, not stall.

    Unlike "stall pig", who doesn't really care if the trap is removed or not, she just wants survivors off gens.

    You exchange stall for lethality.

    I think the playstyle is different enough to award a second base power. Otherwise, one of them will always be nerfed.

    Everything is overwhelming for newer players... my first game was agaisnt leatherface and he seemed unstopable. Had no idea how to deal with trappers traps. Had no f*ing idea how spirit worked...etc.

    So after reading it my mind remains unchanged. You aren't really doing anything other than instead of like you mentioned creating a inf loop of RSN2 base or not by making it 2 separate powers.

    Your not addressing any issues. The RBT wont become more lethal either just because they do a gen first. You haven't done anything new except let's change it so we can both have our way and throw a shiny "head-huntress" title on it.

    We will pretend it's a 50/50 split on survivors current doing boxes or gens. Instead of 50% doing boxes now 100% do gens. You haven't increased any lethality in the RBT. In fact there's a better chance of you losing because they will treat Pig now like Clown and gen rush. The faster they do gens the worse your RBT becomes.

    Your TLDR was spot on.

    Everything aside I did think the switching of powers for Freddy is not a terrible idea though.

  • nope; use the addon if you want it.

  • Pig already has 3 powers : crouch, Ambush and traps.

    I agree with @Liruliniel tho, Rule Set No 2 shouldn't be in her base kit, but this add-on ( along others ) should be reworked and Pig should also get some buffs to her already existing powers.

  • @Liruliniel

    So after reading it my mind remains unchanged.

    Unchanged from what?

    You aren't really doing anything other than instead of like you mentioned creating a inf loop of RSN2 base or not by making it 2 separate powers.

    ...what?

    Your not addressing any issues. The RBT wont become more lethal either just because they do a gen first. You haven't done anything new except let's change it so we can both have our way and throw a shiny "head-huntress" title on it.

    IT will. Because now they have to try to remove it after it's active. Meaning less time by default to do it. And less time=more lethal. And that's that without considering the pig player doing it's thing.

    Unlike regular pig, which might never have a trap get activated. Never putting the survivor in a do or die situation. Which RSN2 almost always forces.

    We will pretend it's a 50/50 split on survivors current doing boxes or gens. Instead of 50% doing boxes now 100% do gens.

    Why? We both know 99.9% of players will do gens. Why make a thought experiment on faulty premises?

    You haven't increased any lethality in the RBT. In fact there's a better chance of you losing because they will treat Pig now like Clown and gen rush. The faster they do gens the worse your RBT becomes.

    LIke I explained above, by definition it becomes more lethal.

    Because they don't gen rush now?

    Only if they are used to stall. If you plan on killing someone, last gen is as good as the first for the RBT.

    Your TLDR was spot on.

    As in, you agree?

    Everything aside I did think the switching of powers for Freddy is not a terrible idea though

    Aparently, this is the unpopular opinion. Which surprised me since snare freddy is base and he's considered the stronger version 🤷‍♂️.

    @aregularplayer said:

    nope; use the addon if you want it.

    it would literally change nothing for you

    @Marcus said:

    Pig already has 3 powers : crouch, Ambush and traps.

    I agree with @Liruliniel tho, Rule Set No 2 shouldn't be in her base kit, but this add-on ( along others ) should be reworked and Pig should also get some buffs to her already existing powers.

    Yeah...but you know what I mean. 🤣

    It's not replacing RBT if that's what you got from it. It's a choice for which one you want. Before the match even starts. You just don't lose an addon slot for it.