Please stop forcing anti aliasing

I don't know if this is something that happens only on the PTB but it seems like we can't disable anti aliasing once again.

What is the reason for forcing anti aliasing? @Peanits I never saw an explanation for this from the devs.

It's seriously embarrasing how this game still doesn't have an option to disable anti aliasing or vsync ingame.

Does anyone know how to disable it on the PTB? The old method doesn't work for me anymore.

Comments

  • Struggling with the same problem right now, bud.

    Help anybody, please.

    Played a game of Deathslinger on Swamp and it was really painful. I couldn't see properly further than 8 meters away from me

  • Make a post like this in PTB feedback so they might change it there , the game is too blurry I can't see anything

  • @Jota said:

    Make a post like this in PTB feedback so they might change it there , the game is too blurry I can't see anything

    I really doubt they care about this anymore tbh. In the latest patch they changed the commands for disabling it and now that doesn't work either so it feels like they actually don't want people disabling it for some reason.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199740#Comment_1199740

    I really doubt they care about this anymore tbh. In the latest patch they changed the commands for disabling it and now that doesn't work either so it feels like they actually don't want people disabling it for some reason.

    Actually people have also used commands to remove fog, increase killer's red stain, remove shadows, remove walls

    That's why no one can tweak it anymore. Now you are forced to play with a blurry game with this horrible AA

  • @Peanits what's up with these settings lately? Can we finally turn it on/off in the settings like nearly every other game?

  • They forced anti aliasling on low settings instead of fixing or revert the hair rework when I made that post. What a lazy thing. Then I had to make a personalized nvidia shadowplay filter to make the game less blurry, more sharpen, and a bit brighter

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    They forced anti aliasling on low settings instead of fixing or revert the hair rework when I made that post. What a lazy thing. Then I had to make a personalized nvidia shadowplay filter to make the game less blurry, more sharpen, and a bit brighter

    I remember that post. It is my fault that they just slapped AA on ☹️ And I quote myself,


    "I decided to edit the GameUserSettings.ini to try to determine why the hair looks so bad on low. Turns out the magic option is Anti-Aliasing. Medium settings and above force AA on. I manually turned off AA by changing that value to "0" and leaving the other settings at "1", which is Medium. The hair looks bad with AA off. If you must use low settings but can't stomach the hair, leave every setting at "0" and set Anti-Aliasing to "1". I think it makes the game look blurry with AA, imo.

    That file is located C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor"

  • @HungryHungryHippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200209#Comment_1200209

    I remember that post. It is my fault that they just slapped AA on ☹️ And I quote myself,

    "I decided to edit the GameUserSettings.ini to try to determine why the hair looks so bad on low. Turns out the magic option is Anti-Aliasing. Medium settings and above force AA on. I manually turned off AA by changing that value to "0" and leaving the other settings at "1", which is Medium. The hair looks bad with AA off. If you must use low settings but can't stomach the hair, leave every setting at "0" and set Anti-Aliasing to "1". I think it makes the game look blurry with AA, imo.

    That file is located C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor"

    I'll try this, I thought hairs only changed with the effects quality, like nea's green one or nancy's ball head.

    Edit: nvm I'm dumb I understood this comment wrongly my bad

  • @HungryHungryHippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200209#Comment_1200209

    I remember that post. It is my fault that they just slapped AA on ☹️ And I quote myself,

    "I decided to edit the GameUserSettings.ini to try to determine why the hair looks so bad on low. Turns out the magic option is Anti-Aliasing. Medium settings and above force AA on. I manually turned off AA by changing that value to "0" and leaving the other settings at "1", which is Medium. The hair looks bad with AA off. If you must use low settings but can't stomach the hair, leave every setting at "0" and set Anti-Aliasing to "1". I think it makes the game look blurry with AA, imo.

    That file is located C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor"

    That's why they should use the old hair materials on LOW and turn off AA , this AA was the worst change they have ever made

  • Don't know what's being discussed or even what language it is in. Walking away somewhat scared - consolers

  • it should be optional

  • @Jota said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200334#Comment_1200334

    That's why they should use the old hair materials on LOW and turn off AA , this AA was the worst change they have ever made

    Old hairs looked better anyway imo. Some of the hairs are transparent now for some reason and it looks dumb.

  • They should disable the entire file..