Overcharge should apply to ALL regressing generators.
Title.
What do you think? Would this be too OP? Devs have said that they don't want Killers to just stack game slow down perks but I think Overcharge desperately needs a buff.
This would work wonders with Hex: Ruin and Surge.
Comments
In the case of Surge I think it should be a buff to that perk, IMO Surge should apply all effects normally triggered by generator breaking on the gens it hits.
As for Hex: Ruin it would be a buff to Overcharge but I don't think it's the one it needs, as while it does open up more synergy it still presents the issue of it being a Perk that relies too much on Survivors messing up skillchecks. I think Overcharge having more utility beyond that would be the best move, such as:
Damaging a Generator immediately regresses its progress by 5%.
Though, I don't think your suggestion would be overpowered. It plus Ruin would be very oppressive for Survivors who don't have their skillchecks down but as Ruin's a Hex anyway it'd be fine, I just don't think it'd make Overcharge much better.
I don't think it would make a difference for experienced survivors who can hit the tiny skillcheck zone, but then this would negate the killer from having to kick all the gens. Paired with the new Hex: ruin this would be insanely horrible for new players. I could see this now on Docs, who all run Iridescent King, backward, tiny, skill checks that can appear anywhere on your screen applied to 3 gens at a time. Yeah, no thanks.
Honestly, Overcharge should just double the regression rate. Have that stack with Ruin, but have it also could for whenever you kick or surge a gen. The way it is right now, like old ruin, is a nuisance to new players, but is useless against good survivors. This would make it a very useful perk, one that I'd probably slide into my own builds, but it wouldn't be overused either as the effect is still somewhat niche.