Hex ruin vs pop goes the weasel

What's better? Ruin or Pop? I know it differs on each killer but we can give it a try.

I like pop the most, since it rewards the killer for doing their objective and the 25% regression is neat.

Ruin, I'm not a fan of because it's situational and it's a hex

What do you guys think? Let me know down below.

Comments

  • Overall Pop Goes the Weasel is superior to reworked Hex: Ruin.

    Pop Goes the Weasel is more reliable (read: not a hex totem), has more targeted regression, allows you to stall out a priority generator longer.

    Doesn't mean Hex: Ruin can't be a good perk.

    Ruin works best on killers with tons of map mobility who can chase survivors off generators constantly. Killers like Freddy and Hillbilly for example.

    Pop works best on just about everybody else,

  • It's as you said. It varies from killer to killer.

    And while the reworked Hex: Ruin is technically still strong on mobility based killers, I think that Pop Goes the Weasel is actually better for them, since they can move back to a specific generator and damage it. Reworked Ruin does actually work better for me on slower killers since the killer now doesn't have to waste time with kicking a generator.


    If I had to pick one, then I agree with @Kwikwitted, PGtW is simply the stronger overall perk. However, as we've both implied, it's all within the application of the perks.

  • Surveillance and Ruin are a great combo. If your build is using Surveillance then you might as well use Ruin for your slow down. It turns into a great information tool and slow down. Of the two, I usually pick Ruin but that’s mostly because I dislike feeling distracted by the gens and the pop timer. If I hook and use BBQ to see which gen is being worked on, I’m not moving to that gen with the purpose to pop it, I get distracted by the survivors running off it and give chase. Only to feel I’m wasting a perk slot, or I’ll ignore the survivors and pop gen but now I have no chase and only a general direction to go.

    I get why pop is more reliable and popular but I’m still a stickler for Ruin when it comes down to only one of these two perks. It just hurts knowing what it once was compared to what it is now~

  • Generally pgtw is better especially for red ranks however Ruin can be better if your playing certain killers like legion, pig, or a stealth killer with a build that goes after injured survivors however pgtw might be better there. Im sure anything else on why pgtw is better than ruin has already been said by the people above me.

  • Pop is better, because by the time Ruin can actually have an effect on the match, it gets cleansed.

  • For Nurse, Billy, Doc, Freddy & Pig its Ruin, for everyone else, it's Pop, so generally, Pop is better

  • PGTW has always been superior to Ruin.

  • Overall, you can get more value out of ruin depending on the killer you pick, but PGTW is more reliable and works great on everyone