Is Deathslinger the new Bubba?

Is there any viable way of playing this killer other than camping? All Deathslingers I've been facing are proximity camping.

Comments

  • I play him completely different, usually I play him with Devour so I can get those insta downs.

    I see him occasionally, but proximity camping is something I rarely see.

  • Unfortunately, because he's slow, you have 2 choices once you hook somebody:

    1. Go to a gen and hope that a survivor is there. Whether you find someone or not, you have 100% given up on the survivor on the hook. If there wasn't anybody at the gen you chose, too bad, the person you hooked is gone and healed and you will have to hit them twice again.
    2. Stay nearby to try and get the rescuer or the hooked survivor. With the speargun, it's pretty easy to reel in the survivor as they stop for the rescue. It's a pretty good way to snowball. Actually because he's so slow, it's the only way to reliably snowball. Same with huntress. If you just leave the hook, you are 100% letting the person get rescued and healed. You can't check a gen and double back to get somebody while they're still injured. Unless you have some kind of perk like Devour, there's no reason to stray too far from the hook.

    So those're your choices, either let every survivor get rescued and healed (thus ensuring longer chases to down them again) or stay near the hook to spear rescuers.

  • Definitely not, hes good at camping, but it definetely wont win him the game, you gotta chase to win.

    any good killer knows that camping is (usually) more detrimental than it is helpful.

  • I’m still trying out builds with random amounts of success, but no denying that proxy camping is a strong point of his. I’ve had a lot of success with MYC and proxy camping. Then I just slug 1 or 2 and snowball. I’m not saying it’s my favorite play style but it beats having everyone escape because I can’t simultaneously run perks that slow the game and also help me win chases. So I chose chases and that means PoP PoP POP, goodbye gens.

  • @XombieRocker said:

    Unfortunately, because he's slow, you have 2 choices once you hook somebody:

    1. Go to a gen and hope that a survivor is there. Whether you find someone or not, you have 100% given up on the survivor on the hook. If there wasn't anybody at the gen you chose, too bad, the person you hooked is gone and healed and you will have to hit them twice again.
    2. Stay nearby to try and get the rescuer or the hooked survivor. With the speargun, it's pretty easy to reel in the survivor as they stop for the rescue. It's a pretty good way to snowball. Actually because he's so slow, it's the only way to reliably snowball. Same with huntress. If you just leave the hook, you are 100% letting the person get rescued and healed. You can't check a gen and double back to get somebody while they're still injured. Unless you have some kind of perk like Devour, there's no reason to stray too far from the hook.

    So those're your choices, either let every survivor get rescued and healed (thus ensuring longer chases to down them again) or stay near the hook to spear rescuers.

    Same with Huntress? You don't know too many main Huntresses, do you? A good Huntress can destroy a survivor team despite of her movement speed. A good one.

  • I 4k with Deathslinger and Bubba at Rank 1 without camping all the time, just because they can do it doesn't mean it's all they can do.

  • I don't know if he will reach cartoonish levels of camping like Bubba does but his lack of map mobility due to 110% movement speed makes it so he's going to play more as a Trapper or Hag more often than not. Meaning he's going to pick an area of the map and patrol it quite vigorously to protect certain generators he can reasonably get to. This enables him to enforce some level of generator slowdown and control while also systematically removing pallets from that area as chases continue.

    If you get caught near his area, chances are he's going to hook you in the middle of it and continue to patrol around it to those priority generators. Reasoning is simple, he can't cross-map pressure in any reasonable fashion. At least Huntress can chuck hatches from downtown and try to land some shots.

    Easiest way to beat him is to use this against him, destroy his 3 gen plans before he enacts them and he won't be able to patrol a large area with any level of success.

  • Bubbas better at camping lol I think deathslinger is down there with clown ..from what I understand deathslinger is also under preforming do we will probably see a buff