Key vs. Mori

Yep, here's another debate about this, but I want to add a bit more insight from my point of view. I want to first say that all Mori's are not bad, the Cypress and Ivory are awesome in my opinion. The Ebony is the one that's a bit broken. The Ebony Mori is way more powerful than keys, but again, the rest of them are fine. Here's why the Ebony is way stronger in my opinion (I'm talking about the console versions)...

A survivor gets hooked, then freed. They immediately get hooked again and it's Ebony time, they're done and the rest of the group is at a disadvantage. Now, survivors have to be very skilled at chases and looping to avoid being caught after being hooked, which is not easy to do. Gen rushing is really the only counter to it, but with Toolboxes being nerfed, it's not that easy anymore.

With the key, you have to repair a certain number of gens to even see the hatch, which if all survivors are alive, 4 gens would have to be repaired (correct if I'm wrong please). Then, you have to find the hatch, so on top of being hunted and anything else that you want to do, you have to risk being chased by the killer to find it. There's no guarantee that a survivor will even find it in time, but just the amount of overall time to get to that point is a much difficult feat to accomplish.

In summary, Ebony Mori - hook, kill again, Mori. Key - repair required number of gens, easter egg hunt for hatch, leave. Which seems easier to you? Killers can play pretty much a whole trial to kill survivors until (if) the hatch becomes an option, whereas the survivor's match can end in 3 minutes with the use of an Ebony Mori. The key is not guaranteed nor does it break the game, where the Ebony is and does unless the last survivor hasn't been hooked.

Would like to hear you guy's feedback on this. Let's have a rational debate.

Comments

  • @AvisDeene said:

    They should just remove both from the game but give killers the option to mori someone on death hook.

    Then what would replace keys?

  • In my exp moris are only a potential reaction most of the time when there is at least 1 key or more then 2 toolboxes in the lobby.

    That's why i always ready up early without doing the "quickswitch mindgame". You would be suprised how many killers in high rank don't use moris in the first place when the survivors bring nothing in (we dont need it anyway) or at least some flashlights or medkits. Try it out. ;)

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1192899#Comment_1192899

    Killers are extremely weak. It's like playing scooby doo simulator watching them run around a car 12 times before I deadhard into the next godloop. And even if they do manage to hit me once I can passively heal during the case.

    If by some miracle they manage to down me (highly unlikely) they can be stun locked by my buddies flashlight 1 second clicky click.

    So yeah if the pink add on gets buffed to no hooks I might die once or twice more a month... if they spend web after web trying to find it lol once in like 30 games maybe ? Haha I can live with that

    Killers aren't stupidly weak. Theres no such thing as one side being weak in this game anymore. With how much bullshit goes on in this game, no side is weak. And Ebony Moris are actually really common. Devs removed the fact that moris granted a kill after getting down, no hooks. You just sound extremely biased.

  • @SaltedSnow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190425#Comment_1190425

    Tbh the fix I like the most would be to remove keys and reduce the power of Moris so that pink has the power of current green. If the killer has a Mori it sucks, but at least you can requeue quickly. A key just saps all the fun from the game.

    I don't think keys should be removed. They are a great last hope item, especially in EGC. 90 percent of my EGC, the survivor has little to no chance unless I struggle to find hatch. Most of the time I know where it is before the 2nd to last is on the hook. I don't mind a key escape at this point. It's not a cheap item and they are barely covering the cost of it with escape points. If they had a pink or addons, they either lost value or broke even. No sweat off my back.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1193019#Comment_1193019

    Killers aren't stupidly weak. Theres no such thing as one side being weak in this game anymore. With how much bullshit goes on in this game, no side is weak. And Ebony Moris are actually really common. Devs removed the fact that moris granted a kill after getting down, no hooks. You just sound extremely biased.

    Yeah survivor que is like 20 minutes long because noone wants to play killer anymore. So idk maybe I'm against taking away the few fragile tools they have left.


    If you have the time and an open mind I can go over a few pages of facts and videos to prove its heavily weighted to survivors

  • @Deadman316 said:

    Yep, here's another debate about this, but I want to add a bit more insight from my point of view. I want to first say that all Mori's are not bad, the Cypress and Ivory are awesome in my opinion. The Ebony is the one that's a bit broken. The Ebony Mori is way more powerful than keys, but again, the rest of them are fine. Here's why the Ebony is way stronger in my opinion (I'm talking about the console versions)...

    A survivor gets hooked, then freed. They immediately get hooked again and it's Ebony time, they're done and the rest of the group is at a disadvantage. Now, survivors have to be very skilled at chases and looping to avoid being caught after being hooked, which is not easy to do. Gen rushing is really the only counter to it, but with Toolboxes being nerfed, it's not that easy anymore.

    With the key, you have to repair a certain number of gens to even see the hatch, which if all survivors are alive, 4 gens would have to be repaired (correct if I'm wrong please). Then, you have to find the hatch, so on top of being hunted and anything else that you want to do, you have to risk being chased by the killer to find it. There's no guarantee that a survivor will even find it in time, but just the amount of overall time to get to that point is a much difficult feat to accomplish.

    In summary, Ebony Mori - hook, kill again, Mori. Key - repair required number of gens, easter egg hunt for hatch, leave. Which seems easier to you? Killers can play pretty much a whole trial to kill survivors until (if) the hatch becomes an option, whereas the survivor's match can end in 3 minutes with the use of an Ebony Mori. The key is not guaranteed nor does it break the game, where the Ebony is and does unless the last survivor hasn't been hooked.

    Would like to hear you guy's feedback on this. Let's have a rational debate.

    In my opinion

    Skeleton/dull keys are stronget than ebony mories ONLY if the team is of high skill. The killer is going to face against people who know how to gen rush and loop and the killer will have a hard time getting even 1 kill off before 3 gens are done.

    Enony mories are stronger when up against a casual team. People who aren't great at looping against an experienced killer will have a hard time with an ebony and it would be almost impossible to escape.

    In my opinion ebony moris should only work on death hook and keys should take time to open the hatch and only allow one person to escape.

  • Ebony Mori should be enabled only after 2 hooks.

    Keys should be only available from the chest inside the match, and should not be bought back from the game so survivors can't carry them in.

    Both are just too stupid and breaks the game unnecessarily.

  • Outcomes are different. Ebony ends the game early, usually before it had a chance to start. Keys end it late, usually when the match is ramping up. When I'm against a mori, I know not to become invested. When I'm against a key, I don't have an option to not be invested. Two different feelings.

  • Moris really need an extra requirement of hooking everyone at least once to use it. This will stop people from just tunneling survivors off first hook with them at the very least.

    Keys I'd love to see an opening time equivalent to the gates that resets if you let go.

1 2 ›