I DC'd about 50 games yesterday. Wanted to see if i would geta ban. Nothing yet.

I was trying hard to get a ban. So i pushed it till i got bored. About 50 DC as killer and surv.

You people can pull the plug all day long. Nothing is gonna happen.

Comments

  • you have to DC about 80% of your games so yea good luck :)

  • What did happen, which promotes further DC's was that they give you open maps with wraith like Mac millan where you catn hide, constant use of ruin in levels where it is not really a thing, constantly killers who have high mobility and constant killers who are obviously there because they want to be and refuse to rank up. Also the three gen strat will be in use. They will place three gens, o rmore - i saw several cases of four being in the open where you have to be seen in order to get them done. A sin no hiding at all. They will give you survs who run the most toxic of setups and are all SWF using mics and its obvious.

  • @meshugganah said:
    obvious troll is obvious.

    Nah, just showing that DC'ing is not getting punished so keep on doing it.

  • As far as I know they do the bans in waves. Not sure how frequently this happens though. I just recall it being pretty common for a mass of "why was I banned?" threads to pop up on the Steam forums around the same time.

  • @Envees said:
    I was trying hard to get a ban. So i pushed it till i got bored. About 50 DC as killer and surv.

    You people can pull the plug all day long. Nothing is gonna happen.

    You have to DC a lot more that the system will be triggered.
    Yeah its sad, but thats the way devs implemented it. Not sure if they actualyl think about stuff like that but well, now we can deal with DCs left and right ingame, pretty good job so far

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:
    As far as I know they do the bans in waves. Not sure how frequently this happens though. I just recall it being pretty common for a mass of "why was I banned?" threads to pop up on the Steam forums around the same time.

    I have never even received a warning and I used to DC in order to derank

  • It's based upon x games played in x time of week or month etc. You might get a nasty surprise and actually get a ban when the next ban wave comes out. League used to do it the same way back before the system handled it quicker. Once they get the new report system up and going along with the other stuff they want it'll be handled the same way.

  • @not_Queen has playfully roasted me about how the system works and etc. Hopefully this helps you understand why ruining 50 games doesn't get you banned! :unamused:
    not_Queen said:

    We ban for disconnects

    We do not ban systematically if you leave only one game, we ban players that leave more than a % of their games over a certain period of time. We are aware disconnecting is a problem and can ruin the game experience. Repeating offenders are getting increased bans.

    We have automated bans for hacks and cheats

    We always have people working on new detection tools.

    We have a team reviewing in-game reports, chat logs and investigating hacks / cheats

    We have enough information to make a decision and investigate cases of hacks and cheats as well as harrassment and greifing. Video evidence isn't necessary for every case but can make the investigation faster when we can access it. We are also working on a feature that will allow the players to give more evidence, if they want, through the in-game report.


  • Yeah the dc ban system is a joke. You can DC for months ruining 100s and 100s of games and might get hit with a 24hr ban.

    Great deterent Bhvr /kappa

  • Envees said:

    I was trying hard to get a ban. So i pushed it till i got bored. About 50 DC as killer and surv.

    You people can pull the plug all day long. Nothing is gonna happen.

    Thanks for your sacrifice in this scientific study