ALL SURVIVOR PERKS BALANCED AND ADJUSTED
Background - Played the game for 3 years at rank 1, both killer and survivor. a + means a positive/bonus added while a - means something reduced or removed. i am curious for feedback, would you want to see a killer perk section? would these changes change your build? (please dont be hateful if you dont like a change, this to me is fair and just and should reduce seeing the same meta perks each game) if the perk isnt below i dont feel it needs adjusting, all exhaustion perks have slightly longer timers to balance out vigil. for reference https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Perks
· Ace in the hole: + 20/40/60% chance to find a second add-on
· Adrenaline: - No longer ignores exhaustion
· Aftercare: + when finishing a health state (from dying or injured) or unhooking another survivor see their aura until you are next hooked. (does not need to be a full health state)
· Alert: + or breaks walls killers aura is revealed 4/5/6 seconds, if the killer is in chase show the survivors aura too
· Any means necessary: + Cool-down is now 120/110/100seconds
· Autodidact: + 4/5/6%chance of triggering skill checks
· Babysitter: + unhooked survivor also makes no cries of pain for 4/6/9seconds
· Balanced landing: - exhausted for 60/55/50seconds
· Better together: + 38metres
· Boil over: + 2/4/6% of the wiggle metre is already filled
· Bond: + 30/34/38 metres
· Borrowed time: - for 15 seconds if the unhooked survivor would take damage to a health state apply deep wound to the saviour instead.
· Botany: + 12/24/36% to healing speed and efficiency
· Breakdown: + breaks the hook for an extra 3/4/5 seconds and revels the killers aura for 6/7/8 seconds
· Breakout: + when within 8metres, gain 6/7/8% movement speed
· Buckle up: + when a dying survivor needs help recovering their aura flashes, after healing them from the dying state gain 3/4/5% haste for 5 seconds
· Camaraderie: + other survivors see the aura of the survivor within 16metres of you on the hook, that survivor also gains 5% speed in unhooking
· Dance with me: + 4seconds –cooldown of 60/55/50
· Dark sense: +whenever a generator is repaired see the killers and injured survivors aura for 2 seconds
· Dead hard: - exhausted for 60/55/50 seconds
· Decisive strike: - active for 20/25/30 seconds, + 2/4/6% healing item efficiency and recovery speed for 20/25/30
· Déjà vu: +if you complete a generator the auras of the gens are revealed to every other survivor for 5seconds
· Deliverance: + broken status effect for 70/60/50seconds
· Distortion: + start the trial with 4tokens, regain 1 token after your first safe unhook
· Diversion: + within terror radius for 35seconds, creates a noise notification and disturbs crows within 4metres
· Flip-flop: + 45/50/55% wiggle progression
· For the people: + broken for 100/90/80seconds
· Lightweight: + press the active ability button to stop producing scratch marks for 2seconds
· No mither: + reduce grunts of pain by 25/50/75% while in the inured or dying state
· No one left behind: + activates once gates are powered instead of opened
· Open handed: + 3/6/9 metres
· Pharmacy: + medkits auras are revealed to you within 12 metres
· Poised: + also leave no blood trails
· Red herring: survivors will also be notified and shown the gens aura for 3seconds
· Slippery meat: + No longer trigger a noise notification when triggering killer traps
· Small game: + The aura of the killers belonging is revealed to you for 2seconds
· Stake out: + for each 14seconds, gain a token up to 3/4/5 tokens
· This is not happening: + ignores effect that would affect skill checks (lullaby, reverse skill checks etc.)
· Technician: skill checks are bigger, failing a skill check has 40/50/60% to prevent an explosion
· Up the ante: + Increases the chances of starting the trial near another survivor, increases luck by 1/2/3% for the whole trial
· Vigil: + Recover from all effects 15/20/25% faster, if the effect would last until healed it now lasts 60seconds (affected by the tier of vigil recovery)
Comments
Guess no one had anything to say... guess everyone can just keep complaining and name call each other instead of a reasonable discussion
Alternatively people just didn't see your thread? And those who did didn't want to comment on it? If you want the devs to see it you're much better off posting in Feedback. Also I like how you've commented on a bunch of weak perks, but some of the more popular ones to complain about aren't there, so you can't even say that people just want to keep complaining.
For what it's worth though (didn't put in original comment because I was on my phone and it hates long lists so I moved to my laptop):
Ace in the Hole: It needs more than this. I'd say make it closer to 50/75/100.
Adrenaline: I personally think we just need to remove the health state. They can keep the sprint boost all they like, but the health state is what makes me dislike the perk.
Aftercare: This is how it already works. I'd say to buff it, just don't make your auras be removed upon being hooked.
Alert: I think it just needs to be with the inclusion of breakable walls (if it doesn't already). It's a good solo perk already.
AMN: I think the cooldown needs to somehow be shorter than this still. The perk is so niche that it warrants a cooldown closer to Dance With Me (60/50/40 seconds). Plus, any self-respecting killer will break the safe pallets.
Autodidact: Increase the chances of skillchecks more. Or instead, guarantee 2 skillchecks per healing action (for example one every 6/7/8 seconds since healing takes 16 seconds).
Babysitter: I like your proposed change.
Balanced Landing: The perk is in a weird spot as is right now, and hardly anyone uses it. 60/50/40 seconds of exhaustion are fine to fall in line with most other perk cooldowns.
Better together: I agree, just buff the range.
Boil Over: I like your idea, but I still think it wouldn't be all too useful. They'd have to think of an entirely new effect- perhaps it could increase your wiggle speed by 10/15/20%, up to a maximum of 20% to prevent stacking with breakout.
Bond: Is fine as-is, requires no buffs.
Borrowed time: I actially really like your proposed change here. It would make it significantly less annoying to deal with in endgame, and would prevent the unhooked bodyblocking you when you're trying to chase the unhooker.
Botany: Is fine as is. Serves it's purpose and serves it well.
Breakdown: Should be restored to its previous form of permanently breaking the hook.
Breakout: Is a fun, niche perk, and should stay that way.
Buckle up: I like your change, but I think it should keep its current aura reading (slowly turns white as time progresses) instead of the aura just flashing.
Camaraderie: Doesn't need that many effects; I think it should just stay with the added benefit of survivors within 16m being shown. Or just use kindred.
Dance with me: Is fine as is. Doesn't need the time buff, cooldown should stay the same. Even if the time were to be buffed the cooldown should stay the same.
Dark sence: Serves its purpose and serves it well, doesn't need the change.
Dead hard: Exhaustion should remain in line with all other perks. Bait the swing. It's rarely an issue for me, and killers rarely fall for it twice.
Decisive Strike: No. These changes are practically useless in keeping it's feature as an anti-tunnel perk. DS should just deactivate when another survivor is picked up, hooked, or unhooked.
Deja vu: Should just be to you. Perks rarely provide an aura benefit for other survivors (excluding aftercare and kindred, which still apply a benefit to you).
Deliverance: Serves its purpose and serves it well, doesn't need a buff.
Distortion: I like your change of regaining tokens after a safe unhook. The only issue I can see with this is someone with Object of Obsession using Borrowed Time to farm people off of the hook.
Diversion: A meme perk that works wonders when it does. I like your idea of disturbing crows though, so long as it triggers Spies too.
Flip-Flop: Should be buffed for a higher conversion rate (75% or 100%, up to 40/45/50 wiggle bar), but a flat 40/45/50 is a bit much.
For The People: Serves it's purpose and serves it well. Doesn't need the buff, it's a strong perk as-is.
Lightweight: I don't see this being useful. I'd say increase the duration of no scratch marks; perhaps "Press and hold the active ability button. While held, you leave no scratch marks, up to a maximum of 6/7/8 seconds. For each second held, the cooldown increases by 10-20 seconds."
No mither: Works as an aggresive, altruistic perk. You take a protection hit, then the killer needs to decide between letting you go free (because you get up) or letting your teammate go free (because they don't want you getting up). Particularly useful later if you have hook states left, but your ally doesn't. Never thought I'd say this, but it doesn't need a buff.
No One Left Behind: I like this change.
Open Handed: They should rework its entire effect. How about "When within 14/16/18m of an ally, any auras they see you would also be able to see. Any auras you see, they would also be able to see. If your aura is revealed, their aura is revealed. If their aura is revealed, your aura is revealed".
Pharmacy: Still seems like a useless perk tbh; I'd say reduce noise to 0m (or close to).
Poised: I like your idea.
Red Herring: I like your change.
Slippery Meat: I feel like it's a bit strong then; it takes away a large part of Trapper's kit. I think they just need to think of an entirely new effect for it, as the perk is useless unless you face a trapper.
Small game: Should instead have a counter of all totems left on the map. Please, devs, give solos some love.
Stake out: The 15 seconds are fine, just the amount of tokens are the issue. I like your increase though.
TINH: I actually really like your change here. Would help newer players, or those on worse pcs, but wouldn't see too much high-rank use.
Technician: I think this perk is fine, if not needing a buff in the preventing an explosion (a slight buff). No need for extra effects.
Up the Ante: I like your proposed buff but I feel like it needs a little more. Perhaps more luck (even though luck is useless), and you can use an offering for the first effect instead. Maybe we should just give it a whole new effect, or make luck effect more things.
Vigil: I like your idea, but I feel like it also needs more. Instead, make it effect all status ailments, and allow recovery of exhaustionw while running at 15/20/25 the normal rate. Wouldn't break the game (160 second chase for sprint burst) but if you're in a long chase it rewards you for that.
Now some of my own buffs I'd love to see:
Lucky Break: Active for the first 50/55/60 seconds you're injured. Is reactivated whenever you're injured.
Head on: The stun should be longer, but happen at the beginning of exiting the locker (not the start). It would give the same amount of distance but prevent janky-looking stuns and make it easier to use.
Fixated: Should work while injured too.
nah the only post that get attention are the one complaining about things instead of trying to have actual discussions, its a shame but any post like this one is often just passed up on. shame because itd be nice to have reasonable discussions with members of the community but hardly anyone is interested in a fair balance or a discussion without name calling etc.
Dude nothing about your cocky attitude to both bump your post and to the only reply you have gotten is going to make this thread succeed.
Starting off, you are focusing on to many things at once. It would be better to start a mini series of threads with a new thread starting when the old one dies.
So first example:
One that thread runs its course, pick another perk and start a new thread.
For what it's worth I just edited my original comment with my own thoughts. I think you should take the advice of @mouse0270 above though; mini threads are often advisable and draw in more people. Plus, you can go into more detail.
And drop the cockiness, it doesn't do you or your ideas a service, and makes other people dislike you from the get-go.
I dislike all the changes. Yikes. Let's see what devs are gonna change in slippery meat, small game, vigil etc in mid-chapter patch <3
Dead hard: Just delete it!
"Press E for a free pallet/window"
its not cocky to point out half the playerbase rather argue and name call, thats just a fact, both of you have just resulted in calling me cocky (name calling). why? im cocky because i wish to discuss perks and changes made to a game i enjoy and have spent alot of time on? thankyou for proving my point and just giving me more reasons to avoid ever commenting or posting, im not going to respond to this post anymore. its a joke to think im the cocky one because id like to have a normal and reasonable discussion with people instead of just constant complaints and bickering like children.
I mean, you completely ignored the feedback that the person said to you and focused on negative stuff instead.
that guy also ended up calling me cocky, i was replying to the comment then read that so i dont see the point. wasnt a need to result to name calling, he raised some points i would of discussed but im not gonna waste my time if people will result to that way of communicating because it usually ends up in a disagreement and then more name calling so i just skip the hassle and not bother in the chance he`ll do the same, he may not but still wasnt a need to name call. i accept the post was long and might be best to shorten it but it doesnt make me cocky or anything to want a discussion without the need of hate, insults or bickering... those things never lead to anything productive or interesting.
The 1st guy (unless he edited that part out) didn't call you cocky at any point during his post.
And im "replying" to your 2nd comment on this post.
all that was edited in after so my second comment was before he added his opinion/views but then later on he also calls me cocky so i never went back to reply due to the reasons i listed above
Still, your bumb is what started this whole thing. I would've put my own 2 cents into this thread (feedback wise) if i saw it ealier or that comment didn't exist.
It derailes the entire 1st half of the post if someone reads it.