What would you say is the best possible advice you could give to a New player? Killer and Survivor
For survivor I would say avoid spine chill for as long as possible. I started using it a week after I started playing and I haven't been able to play without it.
For killers I'd say don't neglect sound. It's just as important as notifications and LOS
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Spine chill is viable at any ranks, combines with resilience for one of the best builds in the game, and is one of the only things will save you from stealth killers on indoor maps. 15% vault speed will have you lobbing through those windows.
For any new player I'd say go watch a few videos on how to run tiles, it always hurts my brain to see high ranking survivors camping pallets.
If you are killer and struggle with gen rush, just choose 3 gens close to each other and protect them. Do not leave them, force survivors to drop all pallets in the area and you will have very strong end game strat. Also do not chase a survivor that runs away from your 3 gens - rest of their team will do a gen when you are chasing them. Try to down survivors nearby your 3 gen strat.
The best advise for new survivors: Dont worry, starting as survivor is hard, but you will get better over time.
The best advise for new killers: Dont get used to your constant 4Ks, the better the rank, the harder it will get.
Just play a lot and you will learn from your own mistakes. Also watch some youtubers play the game to pick up bits and pieces.
And don't do what I did as killer, I read that Nurse is the best killer so played her and was terrible so I gave up on killer for weeks. Pick a more easy killer to play from the beginning 😀 I think Wraith is a good choice.
A GOOD headset is nothing to be ignored, and you WILL struggle in your first couple of games. Persistence and practice are key.
Don't get too attached to any perks either, since a killer could quite easily counter it with their power or it may not work with a killer's power/kit.
The tutorials will also teach you the MECHANICAL side of the game, which is all of about 20%. You will need to learn how to interpret information and mindgames on your own.
For new survivors I would actually say USE spinechill. It's one of if not the best perk so why not?..
You have your counter to all stealth killers now and it helps you know if any killer is coming in your direction or not.
Telling new survivors not to use it is suuuch bad advice man. When I was new I hated these stealth killers sooo much cause by the time I saw them, they already were close enough to hit me.
Anyways my advice would be to use perks.. Have a good perkbuild.
Like 1 exhaustion perk, spinechill, 2 other perks you can switch it up for the most part to see what works best for you.
My point was learn how to locate killers on your own first. Spine chill is by far my favourite perk in the game. But I've become attached to it because I chose just running it instead of using my own brain to find the Killer. Now I can't play without it and when I do I play like a rank 15. If you do what I did you won't learn. Use spine chill of course, just not off the bat.
Other note I like your advice
Edit: Afew spelling errors
Survivor - play around and don’t care about dying. Learn the maps and objectives getting used to the game. Don’t rely on any perk and don’t get angry if you are camped or be toxic to the other side. Chose someone you like the look of and level them up. Feed the others for the teachables you want and get one fully decked out and play around. David with wglf is amazing for the extra blood points.
Killer - don’t sweat and don’t camp. Learn the maps and layouts and learn how to run them. Numerous videos on youtube how best to do this. Play a few and pick a killer you like. Don’t worry about rank or perks and learn the game first. Too much reliance on perks will make you a weaker killer over time. Leather face for bbq is a must for the bloodpoints. Again level up your main and get a build you like and play around with a few. While there is a meta out there find one you find fun instead of what others say is best.
Both sides -play the other to learn how they work. Know your enemy 😉.
Best advice i can give is not to play this game fanaticly
A lot of people play waaay to much and let al the little frustrations about this game build up to the point that everything frustrates them
I play 2 to 3 matches each side each day and i enjoy almost every match
I can't remember the last time i got angry at this game even when the more frustrating parts happen
Survivor:
Killer:
For Killers, I would say know when to disengage.
Learning how to end chases quickly via mindgames and map knowledge is great, but being able to suddenly peel away from a chase the moment a pallet is dropped to whack a Survivor off a gen is what keeps you feeling unpredictable and is what will win you the match at the end of the day.
Survivors expect a one-by-one hook carousel that gives them time to do gens. To stop them taking advantage of that, you need to constantly be asking yourself in a chase if keeping this up is a smart decision, where you think the rest of the Survivor team probably are and what they're doing, ecetera. Remember that every unhook, every gen popped, every regression halted gives you information, and that information is how you get a surprise locker grab that gets people asking "How the HELL did you find me" in postgame chat.
for killers, i would say don't bother
Its just a game. Dont take it personally.
Survivors:
-For your first few games, play with a friend who has borrowed time.
-Play Killer a few times to get an idea of what killers can see.
-Search for totems and cleanse them. Killers don't see the aura of any non-hex totems, so they won't be patrolling them. Searching for Totems will also help you learn the maps.
-If you have trouble finding generators, Run Deja Vu until you get a sense for where they are.
-After being sacrificed, Spectate! Watch other players and see what works for them and what doesn't.
Killers:
-Don't panic. If three gens pop before your first hook, keep a cool head. It might not be over yet. Especially if the last four generators are closer together.
-Don't feel like you did bad if everyone escapes. If you get 6 or 7 hooks, you did a really good job! No matter what that mean old entity says.
-Give up on a survivor if it feels like you've been chasing them too long.
-Stick with one killer for a while before trying different killers. Get used to using their power.
-Don't camp. You're missing out on valuable experience in exchange for getting a 4K. The Experience with chases will help you a lot more in the long run. Camping isn't as viable when you reach higher ranks, where players know how to punish camping.
I'd tell them to find a new game. Because DbD is not in a good state right now.