Trap hit boxes
Though i like the trapper buffs, in my opinion he was also nerfed massively by the change to his traps hit boxes. Playing him and against him i've come to realise that now you can go round traps at pallets and sometimes survivors can vault windows, land on the traps, but not be affected. Though he still works against newer survivors who haven't yet realised you can get past trapped pallets, in my opinion hes been nerfed for when he's playing against better survivors. 3 times in my most recent game survivors ran round my traps while i was chasing them and it was game changing. I got 0 kills as what would have been 3 hooks for me were none, all i did was waste time setting up useless traps. Is this problem going to be addressed or was this intended, in which case it was a ridiculous idea? Don't get me wrong, i'm happy they gave some love to trappy-boi but his addons weren't the problem, his base power was, and they seem to have made that worse.
Comments
This really should be addressed, if you get a trap in a walkway and they go through that walkway, THEY SHOULD GET TRAPPED.
I think it has something to do woh the trap placement, with the new animation the traps are positioned differently, and as such they can be closer to walls, which allows it to be avoidable
You're asking for a killer buff?
They are buys working on Killer nerfs right now.
Not in the next 2 year, mate
Not only that, but his traps need to hold survivors for a minimum duration.
I swear survivors get out of their traps so fast.
I stopped playing trapper after it happened twice in a single day that a survivor ran past my trap, but when I take the same pathing, I get stuck in my own trap. It kills trapper for me, which is quite sad because he was my favourite killer when I started playing dbd
I've had survivors run through pallet drop areas and vault through trapped windows, doing so without getting caught in a trap that is smack dab in the middle of it.
I really hope this gets fixed.
I've had survivors run through pallet drop areas and vault through trapped windows, doing so without getting caught in a trap that is smack dab in the middle of it.
I really hope this enough for BHVR to take notice.
just got some more evidence, this guy tho said the trap wasn't even there on his screen.

nice traps.zipthat video below shows what we were talking about.
i totally agree with you, everyone is denying it because so many people who don't play trapper are just saying oh it's nice he's been buffed but haven't played him enough before and after the 'buff' to see how he's changed. In my opinion his base power has been nerfed due to the trap hitboxes change and bug.
ikr, they pretty much nerfed this already bad killer.
i agree, i swear they have increased the speed and chance of escaping from traps
i thought that at first but after more playing him, some trap spots are simply bugged. Nearly every game a survivor can vault a window with a trap on the other side or run over one in a door way, but so often they will be unaffected.
A single luck offering and its basically first try escape
To be fair, the hit boxes are just messed up in the game. I swear the hit boxes are made up oddly shaped polygons. I mostly notice it on Huntress when I play her. There's times where I go, "HOW did that hit?!" and "HOW DID THAT NOT HIT?!". This inconsistency makes it hard for me to want to play Huntress. The other thing I notice it on is pallets. Sometimes I'll be standing 2 feet away from a pallet and be stunned by it.
I would love to see a hitbox revamp in this game.
though i totally agree with you, the traps hit boxes are on a new scale. Literally every game, you have people walking round traps at pallets or vaulting windows and landing on traps unharmed.