White ward
So, the item says in the description “grants protection against loss of items and add-ons” *why does it not prevent the loss if you escape with those add ons? It doesn’t say ONLY IN THE CASE THAT YOU DIE 😂
Tagged:
Trusted
So, the item says in the description “grants protection against loss of items and add-ons” *why does it not prevent the loss if you escape with those add ons? It doesn’t say ONLY IN THE CASE THAT YOU DIE 😂
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It does. "Burning this Offering grants you protection against the loss of your Item and its Add-ons in the event you die."
Having said that, I'm not sure if it still prevents you from losing your add-ons since the recent update.
I think you still lose your Add-ons, you'd have to equip Ace in the Hole to keep them.
It will make you lose your add ons even if you escape.
You keep them while dying but lose them when surviving. So when equipping a White Ward it is better to get killed instead of escaping.
Just one sign how bad and rushed this Add On Change is.
That’s an Add on. I’m talking about the offering. White Ward is an offering. The add ons say that.
It clearly states “prevents lose of item and add ons”
that’s it
so that tells me regardless of Dying or escaping 😂😂
thats how it should be anyways. I paid 6K for that! Doesn’t need to be so damn specific about something like that .
"Burning this offering grants you protection against the loss of your Item and Add-ons in the event you die."
This is the Text for the White Ward.
I know this isn't official but it says it in both the offering description and trivia so it's probably pretty spot on.
Anyway, here is the dbd wiki on the matter:
Therefore it stands to reason, since both places say "on death", that you'll lose your addons if you escape.
If you're that worried, use Ace In The Hole.
Nope, that's the description for the White Ward offering. "Burning this offering grants you protection... in the event you die".
Imagine killing yourself because escaping is actually more punishing than dying.
I really dislike the recent add-on change.
Exactly. You protect more BPs by simply dying instead of gaining those BPs by escaping. I mostly bring Items when I bring good BP Offerings (usually Cakes) and it feels not rewarding at all to escape, when I lose my Add Ons. I did not care about escaping before anyway, I care for Pips while playing (and trying to get as many people out as possible). But escaping myself has around 0 value for me now.
Sure, you can run Ace in the Hole, but nobody would use a useless Perk for that. Killers might not have this option, but they have BBQ, which can also help a lot to stockpile Add Ons.
And lets not forget, they have far less than Survivors. In my recent Trapper Bloodweb, I have 3 Stitched Bags, 1 Trapper Sack, 1 Trapper Bag (the best Add Ons for Trapper), 2 Tar Bottles (second best Add On), an Ebony and a Honing Stone. If I want the 16 Medkit-Charges for Survivors, I need 2 or 3 Bloodwebs to get one. Let alone something like the Low Amp Filament, which is even more rare.
I ######### a lot about this change, but it is so insanely stupid and not thought about at all. When it is easily seen in a few seconds while it is bad, I have to assume that BHVR did not put any thought at all into this.
@Peanits Is this really intended design or just an oversight?
It does prevent the lose of addons upon death. But if you escape you still lose add ons
I think the value of add ons and offerings do not meet the cost of them. Since the add on and offering Nerf the cost and tiers should be readjusted to match. The wording on some items no longer make much sense and serve purposes that are increasingly redundant.